Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Cute Natural Hair Styles

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by Destee, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Since cutting my own hair, and going natural ... i've been looking for really cute natural hair styles. In most cases, i've got to wait until my hair grows more, to really wear some of them ... but i'm looking now.

I'm going to share these images i've found and saved over the past few months.

Of course i'd have no idea on how to make my hair look like these Sisters! I have so much to learn!

Please share yours too ... if you've seen some!

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

Attached Files:

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Here's more ...

:heart:

Destee

Attached Files:

3. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    There's nothing like a sister with locks...uh, uh, uh...

4. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    Ill be transistioning to locks as part of my new years resolution... not to poison my body any longer... with chemicals.

5. VirgoMistress

VirgoMistress Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +24
    Destee I too have been transitioning my hair from those horrible chemicals. I had to after I fried and dyed my hair until it feel out in different places. It's been going on four months since I've permed my hair and I love it. I have very thick hair and thought I wasn't going to be able to last two weeks with my new growth. Until someone told me about condition only washing my hair, everyday (well for two months). Let me tell you, that has done wonders to my hair, it's still thick my I can comb it without shedding tears, it's a beautiful thing. That shampoo hates my hair and keeps it soooo dry and brittle! They are in braids now since my hair has grown back, but I too would love more styles for our natural hair.
    Thanks for this thread, this is exactly up my alley!

6. TreasureEyes

TreasureEyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Haven't had a perm in 6 years. Keeping my hair naturally free from chemicals. I keep the scalp moisturized and braided. It's been a little rough cause my hair is super thick, but it hasn't been this healthy in a long time and that's what is important.

7. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    :congrats: to all going thur the transition.. it's been about 5yrs for me and I love being "Free" my hair is really thick now, which was not the case when I was on lock down to my stylist every two week for @ least 6hours fryin my hair....

Virgomistress... I may have to try the coniditioner only, I've also experienced my hair being brittle after washing, but once adding the conditioner it's soft again. Did the conditioner do a good job cleaning your hair as well?

Now in terms of style.. I generally wear "The Twist" or "Braids" zillions, I alternate between the two. Now, with my twist after about 3-4 days I pull them apart, which gives me the curly look...the only downer to that look... before bed I have to twist them back up, just to pull them apart the next day.

Thanks Destee for starting this thread..congrats again ladies on your transition.

8. Froreal3

Froreal3 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Style Ideas

I've never had processed hair. Been natural all my life, but I usually wear extentions (braids) because although they take forever to do (i do em myself), they last long and I don't have to bother with em much. However, recently, I've been wearing my hair out without extensions. The only styles I can do without going to a salon is twists or cornrows in front, fro in back (hence my handle). I consider my hair short. It's probably about shoulder length. What other styles can I do myself?

9. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I haven't had a perm in 4 and half months.
    I just got some micro's which took 5hours.
    I luv not perming my hair.
    I had forgotten how pretty my own hair is putting all that perm in it.

10. VirgoMistress

VirgoMistress Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Sonnee! Heres what I do when I conditioner wash

HOW TO DO A CONDITIONER WASH

1. Thoroughly soak your hair with warm water. Work out the tangles with your fingers

2. Take your conditioner (don't use too much), place some in your hands and apply it to your hair and scalp (in sections if you have longer hair). Let it sit for a bit them massage it in as if it were shampoo. Be sure to concentrate on your scalp. Use you fingertips, not your nails. Gently work out any knots in your hair with your fingers.

3. Rinse VERY well with cool water.

4. Some may use more conditioner and rinse that out after doing the "conditioner wash". Experiment and see what works for you.

5. Lastly style your hair. You can use a clear gel or apply a leave-in conditioner to soaking wet hair.