Black Relationships : CUT AND PASTE

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by cojamalik, Feb 6, 2004.

1. cojamalik

cojamalik Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Unfortunately there are many men that are cameleons. They change their personality to fit whatever situation their in. If your deep their deep. If you are shallow, they are shallow. This cameleon man lack knowledge of self. It is impossible for you to know him because he doesn't know himself. If you still want to see or speak with him go ahead. Just remember that he has already revealed his true deceitful nature. If you continue with him on this path of deceit it is your choice.

2. Compassion

Compassion Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings Cojamalik - Thanks for the love, I agree with you I've ended the "friendship". Movenforward....

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Confusing thread

Cojamalik. . . your thread is interesting in that it is a statement that apparently is intended to represent your views of many men, which is fine, but Compassion's response confuses me even more becauseit appears as a continuation of some other conversation that isn't present here. Am I missing something important here? For the benefit of our community members, was there a deeper message that you wanted to convey?

Peace :spinstar:

4. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    As a man, I've changed in the course of all my relationships. The last woman I dated liked to play a lot, and we played a lot. The woman before that, she was a bit more serious and our relationship was drasticlly different. I don't think that I don't know myself, I just think I can adapt to the people around me. I'm versatile. If my woman likes to talk about what's going on in the community, I'm able to do that. If she wants to talk about cartoons, we can talk about cartoons. If all she wants to do is have sex, well I can do that to. But I know who I am and I don't cross the line into being something I'm not. I can just relate to people on many different levels. If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

5. cojamalik

Ratings:
    +4
    I wrote in response to the original person who wrote cut and paste. In her story she talked about a man giving her poetry, and short stories as if he had written them. Lying because he sensed that she liked poetry etc. I f he were secure in himself, I feel as though he would have just given her the poems/short stories and said I saw these on the internet and I thought you would enjoy them " or something along those lines.. Instead of trying to transform himself into some def poet. Honesty is always the best policy. When you are secure in self you do not to have to misrepresnt who you are. You can just be you and if that person accepts you great, and if not then ,you don't worry because someone will come along who like the "real you"
    I agree with you it is good to be versatile and well rounded, but at the same time mantaining my own integrity is vital.

6. cojamalik

Ratings:
    +4
    NNQueen... I was witing in response to the original writer of "cut and paste". Since I am new to this site I guess I started a new thread instead of just a reply. I think COMPASSION was the one who started "cut and paste" I think if you read her piece it will make more sense.

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Thank you

Thanks cojamalik for the clarification. I figured that I had missed something. Welcome to the community!

Peace :thanks: :spinstar:

8. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I understand. Thanks for the clarification.