Black Relationships : Cut and Paste

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Compassion, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Compassion

Compassion Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    It all started when I lived in Philly- I meet a really nice guy a coworker. When I would venture to his side of the world for work related things he would always seem to know that I was in the building and we would have casual talks. These talks became more frequent and we exchanged personal information and took it outside the campus.

To me he had a quite presents. One could even say shy- but not weak.

During these talks we would discuss our passions and what was on the menu for that day . If anyone speaks to me for more than 5 minutes they know that I love- literary journeys- spoken word. …That’s when it started; he would send me a sonnets, short stories and poems… I began to look forward to receiving those morsels of powerfully written, sometimes erotic trips – is what I call it- I almost go in a trance by a good read. ANY way, I digress.

Life happened and I quickly up rooted my self and family and moved to ATL, and after a month I received a email from him asking was this me… well we picked up were we left off, but it went deeper than that.. we began to “learn” each other- long story short we decided we would make a go of it and I would return to my second home Philly.

Hot and Cold On and Off- we ended it, But he would write me and ask me why like he had no role in it.. well any way as I ramble on… the point is.

I happened to be looking for some short stories and stuff on line and I ran across a site that was like “WHOA” and as I started to read, things started to sound strangely familiar.. and like a flash and pain… There they were one after the other all those beautiful stories all the reason why I had started to value him – so eloquent in his approach to courting me... Scribe after scribe – HE lied- HE simply cut and paste.

I sent him the website- he has not responded to my “OUT the BAG” email.

Confused it what I am, should I be flattered that he went to such great lengths to impress me? But he lied and I just don’t do well with that. What are your thoughts?

How / Should I remain his friend?

2. Compassion

Compassion Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Cindy- They were by different writters, he stole and deceived. NO excuses, I have heard from him, he will not acknowlegde it. I've moved on now.

Thanks and I look forward to bumping into you again. Love and Blessings!

3. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    plagerism is illegal. :mad: I'd be upset. He won you over with lies. That's not cool. If you never hear from him again, consider yourself blessed. He could've just told you that he found something that you might like and handed it to you. But he passed it off as his. That sucks.