destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Everyone,

This is not an "anything goes" kind of place. We do have a "banned word list" on the forum, though it is short because I don't want to hinder anyone's creativity by taking legitimate words away from them (many words have several meanings and can be used in many ways).

For those that have been here awhile, you know that we're quite liberal when it comes to the use of swearing, cursing, etc. Oftentimes, a person needs to "*****," complain, get some things off their chest ... and only that word can express it properly.

If you've been in the family a while, posted a few peaces and given us the opportunity to see that your flow is a mature and conscious one ... we are going to be more lenient regarding your use of such words.

If you are new here and walk right in the door cursing, swearing, talking of ***** and ******* ... you are going to be warned and/or your peace edited.

I'm hoping, since we have such a mature crowd, that each one can monitor their own choice of words, keeping me from universally banning more of them.

For example, if you must use the word "dick" and/or "p-ussy," I'd much rather you choose their proper alternatives, i.e., penis and vagina ... if you are using them in that context.

We've not had a problem yet, just trying to stay on top of things (so we don't).

As always, if you have any questions or concerns you can post them here.

Thanks,

Destee

As I type this, I see that I've banned p-u-s-s-y and not dick! What's up with that??!! Hmmmm ...

Ms. Destee...

you know I appreciate everything that proceeded from your throne in this reading of our Rights and Responsibilities, Queen. You da law.

My only statement is to your very last point.... see, p-u-s-s-y isn't a proper noun (you know, like Richard's nickname is).....I mean, what other reason could you have had for showing such a preference for dick? :D

:heart:

a

Ms. Alyce ... this is true and as I've pondered your help in solving this mystery ... hehehe ... my mind goes to the fact that dick is not an animal either and p-u-s-s-y is, which should have given her/it some extra consideration ... don't you think??!!! :D

I'm going to investigate this further, it was probably one of our Moderators that banned her/it. :wink:

Destee

usage of words

I take it my one particular work has offended some of you and this page.
First let me tell you that there was no offense intended.
In fact, if you read the piece with understanding you will find that there is actually a message to some of the brothers who feel that woman are just playtoys.
Ms. Destee, you make the statement that certain words can be used in a particular content. In fact, when this piece was orginally written, I was being barraged by five men who were trying to get angry by insinuating that all black women were money hungry and only would deal with a black man if he had lots of money and a good car. While they were throwing all this nonsense at me, I choose to write my anger down on paper while they were talking. Now if this clears up the matter as why I chose certain words, that is the story. Now again, if this type of piece is offensive to you and your page, I will only send the ones that are mellow. For the record, if you receive works that are offensive, you should write to the offending party in private to straighten the matter out immediately. I also have a website and my site is called controversywriters.com. I am in the process of completing and all my works are on there as well as other controversial pieces by others. Maybe this site would be more in the liking of others who may write pieces such as this. However, I am not condoning going off the hook either.
I use words as a painter uses a brush. Just as there is visual art that offends others, therefore there will be written pieces that will offend others as well. Please accept any apologies and I will continue to push this site to others.

Thank you.