CURSED!

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by UPTOWNE, Apr 28, 2006.

1. UPTOWNE

UPTOWNE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Electric Powerlineman
    Ratings:
    +11
    CURSED!
    I would like to begin by saying that a moderators job is difficult and one of great esteem. You must at times act as judge and jury, and yet still your actions will not totally be accepted by the modoratees. I too have sat in that high chair in this forum and had my judgment called into question. And I chose to leave the room altogether rather than be subjected to insulting comments about my character. I say all this so you all know I truly understand the position of a moderator and all the intricacies of the position.

Now that being said I would like to make a few comments on what has transpired and resulted in “CURSED HEART” being suspended. I was not present at the time of the insidious event where slurs and insults were hurled across this room but I did hear that they were repulsive, degrading and disgusting and furthermore had no place in this room of love understanding knowledge and upliftment. And the punishment for doing so is with out question fair. (That’s the moderator’s choice) I and some others may think that the punishment was harsh and heavy handed. But it is not our duty to hold order and decorum in this place we love and share. It is the MODERATORS! And they do what they feel is needed to maintain order!

However, in the case “CURSED HEART” and her banishment I would like to add these observations which may or may not have been overlooked. I was present the evening when “CLARK KINT” was on camera (I hold no ill will towards this brother in fact I think of him as a friend) However, I believe his behavior that night also deserved a suspension / banishment. His actions were just as much reprehensible as “CURSED” While on camera he smoked what appeared to pot, grass, weed, Marijuana and groped himself in the groin area while making lewd comments to ‘CURSED” he also used foul language and was cautioned by another member.

Nothing was said by our moderator and don’t tell me that I was the only that witnessed this!(I have been in the room many a time when I felt that the actions of a member or a guest was out of line, and I urged the Mod to take action only to be told that they were trying first to get the offender to reform rather than kick them out(again that’s the Moderators job to be judge and jury I guess as long as he didn't expose himself it was ok)
    Although I played along I felt that Clark’s behavior was a bit much! (Using drugs on camera is ok? I guess a lil bit of pot is alright? What if he were mainlining Heroin? What’s the cut off point? What about the lewd innuendo while grabbing his crotch) the fact that the moderator was either unaware or dormant during his actions is what led up to “CURSED“ actions whether she felt her actions were justified or not she was wrong for her part! But what about his part? Should that go unnoticed or challenged?

My point is that the modorator was sympathetic about one member’s pain but had total disregard for the other! They were both hurt who’s pain hurts more? I don’t know! But I have been in this room since 1998, I was the 1st Voice Chat guest and participant. I have seen this room evolve from a handful people into what it is today! It has always been a place of love and respect and in the early days we moderated each other. But that was then and this is now and there is need for a moderators. There was a time when cursing was allowed, then it was banned, now it’s allowed again. When in the form of prose or in what the moderators consider to be appropriate. A moderators job is to determine what is appropriate and what is not! There is no reason for a moderator to chastise a member or cajole them into making a concession, we are all adults here and that is insulting, demeaning and abuse of power! This is not a case of Apples to Oranges this is allowing one incident to exacerbate in to another and another. Destee your selection of moderators is excellent! But, “With Great Power There Is Great Responsibility” and those that are selected for moderator should act accordingly or this roomed will be cursed!

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    UPPIE ... are you looking for a response, or do you just want to go on record sharing your thoughts?

I'm going to move this to the Violations Forum.

Let me know what you want me to do with the above, if anything.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

3. UPTOWNE

UPTOWNE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Electric Powerlineman
    Ratings:
    +11
    DO with it as you will It applies to all forums it's an open letter to YOU and all members and all forums although it is specific about an incident it is general in nature. Other than you telling me you are moving it you have not commented are you going to? On 2nd thought I think it should be posted in the OPEN FORUM