destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
CURE - Caucasians United For Reparations and Emancipation

CURE Statement of Belief

We, an organization of white Americans, express our deep remorse for the ongoing wrongs committed by our people against Black men, women and children in the U.S. and throughout the Diaspora who are descendants of enslaved Africans.

We see the United States of America as immoral from its very foundation because of the lie of white superiority and the commission of the crime of slavery, and we dedicate our lives to fundamental change within ourselves, and in our society.

We dedicate our time, energy, talent and resources to support and advocate, without reservation, the movement for full and complete reparations to the descendants of enslaved Africans in the U.S. and throughout the Diaspora.

We support and advocate reparations proposals put forward by Black leaders, recognizing that white Americans have no part in deciding what is required to repair and restore the descendants of enslaved Africans individually and collectively, and that these decisions belong to Black people alone.

We state that full and complete reparations must be paid not only for slavery and the atrocities that flowed from slavery, but for the ongoing effects of slavery that exist today.

We mourn the fact that many things can never be restored to the descendants of enslaved Africans: the lives of countless people, the connection to family lineage and home, and the mother tongue and original identity.

We appreciate the efforts of white abolitionists toward emancipation, while realizing that true emancipation of the enslaved Africans will not be achieved until their descendants enjoy the freedoms that reparations will provide.

We state that the U.S. Government is obligated to provide financial and other support for citizenship choices of the descendants of enslaved Africans, whether they choose full and equal U.S. citizenship, semi-autonomous or autonomous self-government, dual citizenship or migration/repatriation.

We express our intent to call upon the families of the white American aristocracy that directly benefited from slavery, to voluntarily pay their fair share of the reparations debt with wealth gained from slavery, the slave trade, and slavery related enterprises.

We are truly grateful to the Black community for allowing us an opportunity through the reparations movement to make amends, however inadequate, for the crimes of chattel slavery and slavery's ongoing effects - crimes most unconscionable, most damaging, and most burdensome to the human spirit.

We express remorse for all crimes committed in the name of white supremacy and we pray for justice to be done in the United States of America and around the earth.

CURE - Caucasians United For Reparations and Emancipation

:heart:

Destee

As I read the blog, one of the constituents stated that their organization supports Blacks supporting themselves; yet, here they are, some liberal whites in favor of reparations. Is dealing with whites the ONLY vehicle in which our voice can be heard? I'm not mad at them, but, seems a bit "iffy".

I wonder: is this a grass-roots movement, or does its affiliates have ties to other higher political places?

Peace

"...The only thing a Black Man can do for me is shine my shoes." Elvis Presley 1957

Just for verification, such is exactly the way OUR People ought to view the 'compassionate intervention' of caucasians towards OUR Dignity. If whites suddenly presented US with their complete resume' to sign on to a new social system, would WE consider them with seriousness?

Should WE?
I wouldn.

MY peace.

ROARIN.....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back