Black People : CURE - Caucasians United for Reparations and Emancipation

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    CURE - Caucasians United For Reparations and Emancipation

CURE Statement of Belief

We, an organization of white Americans, express our deep remorse for the ongoing wrongs committed by our people against Black men, women and children in the U.S. and throughout the Diaspora who are descendants of enslaved Africans.

We see the United States of America as immoral from its very foundation because of the lie of white superiority and the commission of the crime of slavery, and we dedicate our lives to fundamental change within ourselves, and in our society.

We dedicate our time, energy, talent and resources to support and advocate, without reservation, the movement for full and complete reparations to the descendants of enslaved Africans in the U.S. and throughout the Diaspora.

We support and advocate reparations proposals put forward by Black leaders, recognizing that white Americans have no part in deciding what is required to repair and restore the descendants of enslaved Africans individually and collectively, and that these decisions belong to Black people alone.

We state that full and complete reparations must be paid not only for slavery and the atrocities that flowed from slavery, but for the ongoing effects of slavery that exist today.

We mourn the fact that many things can never be restored to the descendants of enslaved Africans: the lives of countless people, the connection to family lineage and home, and the mother tongue and original identity.

We appreciate the efforts of white abolitionists toward emancipation, while realizing that true emancipation of the enslaved Africans will not be achieved until their descendants enjoy the freedoms that reparations will provide.

We state that the U.S. Government is obligated to provide financial and other support for citizenship choices of the descendants of enslaved Africans, whether they choose full and equal U.S. citizenship, semi-autonomous or autonomous self-government, dual citizenship or migration/repatriation.

We express our intent to call upon the families of the white American aristocracy that directly benefited from slavery, to voluntarily pay their fair share of the reparations debt with wealth gained from slavery, the slave trade, and slavery related enterprises.

We are truly grateful to the Black community for allowing us an opportunity through the reparations movement to make amends, however inadequate, for the crimes of chattel slavery and slavery's ongoing effects - crimes most unconscionable, most damaging, and most burdensome to the human spirit.

We express remorse for all crimes committed in the name of white supremacy and we pray for justice to be done in the United States of America and around the earth.

CURE - Caucasians United For Reparations and Emancipation

:heart:

Destee

2. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    As I read the blog, one of the constituents stated that their organization supports Blacks supporting themselves; yet, here they are, some liberal whites in favor of reparations. Is dealing with whites the ONLY vehicle in which our voice can be heard? I'm not mad at them, but, seems a bit "iffy".

I wonder: is this a grass-roots movement, or does its affiliates have ties to other higher political places?

Peace

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    i also wonder about their motivations behind this movement...cause in my 34 yearz on this earth...not one single white person has ever given me dime one for being black....

one love
    khasm

4. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Things that make you go hmmm.

5. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    "...The only thing a Black Man can do for me is shine my shoes." Elvis Presley 1957

Just for verification, such is exactly the way OUR People ought to view the 'compassionate intervention' of caucasians towards OUR Dignity. If whites suddenly presented US with their complete resume' to sign on to a new social system, would WE consider them with seriousness?

Should WE?
    I wouldn.

MY peace.

ROARIN.....

6. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    um

CRACKA PLEASE

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I agree that all such folk should be viewed cautiously, but it seems they have the endorsement of some heavy-hitt'n Black Folk, including Deadria Farmer Paellmann.

For whatever it is worth, the following quotes were taken from CURE's site:

Black leaders respond to the book and to the CURE organization:

How much courage it takes for white Americans to organize themselves and pursue the issue of reparations for Black people. How dangerous is the undertaking and how noble are the participants.
    —Silis Muhammad, CEO of the UN consultative NGO, All For Reparations and Emancipation (AFRE)

This is a profound effort to restore long overdue justice. CURE's vision and dedication will open hearts and change minds.
    —Deadria Farmer Paellmann, Activist and Litigator for Corporate Reparations

The Debtors: Whites Respond to the Call for Black Reparations should be read by all white racial justice workers who see reparations as a peripheral issue in the struggle for racial justice. CURE's book shows how `forgiveness' without `atonement' (reparations) is simply empty rhetoric and hollow justice. The book is simply a must read for those who claim they understand the history of white supremacy and reparations.
    —Ray Winbush, editor of Should America Pay: Slavery and the Raging Debate on Reparations

The call for Reparations has long fallen on deaf ears, but it must be answered. When we are called to do what is right, we must heed. The White response to this call should be focused on creating an environment conducive to the Black community's efforts to repair itself.
    —Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, Georgia's 4th District

The contributing authors of this book express a passionate and profound understanding of the relevance and importance of Black reparations. Their advocacy informs and inspires readers in ways that will enliven the debate over this timely issue. It also offers Whites, in particular, ways of finding a place in supporting Black reparations.
    —Thaddeus H. Spratlen, Ph.D., former Co-Chair, African American Jewish Coalition for Justice

White Americans must go beyond liberal guilt and conservative denial and launch into progressive action in support of Black reparations. This compilation of white writers in support of reparations is a move in the right direction and a must-read for all white Americans in particular, but all Americans in general.
    —Charles Barron, New York City Councilmember, 42nd District in Brooklyn

:heart:

Destee

8. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    The way I see it, in a country where white supremacy rein, Black people can fight this battle alone, but what are the odds of us over-turning a whole country for the amendments of reparations? Especially when everything we do and achieve is first okay'd by whites. We have little resources, we have little support from our own, we barely have a fair shot at capitol gain without some caucasian signing a document saying so.

There is this saying, and it goes, "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Now this quote doesn't mean we should trust anyone to do the job for us, but if we are fighting the most vicious enemy of all, the enemy of my enemy, is still my friend.

We seem to ignore that only 10% of people in this countries holds the greatest wealth. (10% out of a 100:confused:) Thats a whole lot of other people being skrewed, with Black People being at the top of the list. Besides, we seem to think our enslaved Ancestors didn't have any help from whites during that evil, horendous, immoral time of enslavement. Although the support was very limited, it still was there and it helped.

If whites want to spread the word to their fellow whites about the unjust treatment and reparation due unto us, let them go right ahead. It's not like we can stop them anyway. This is a country designed for them by them, but we have an engagement with debtors for unpaid resources. Let the Movement move forward!

9. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    My doctor who is a white man told me a few weeks ago that every black person in this country should be allowed to retire from work at age sixty or sooner because of the stress of having to live under the circumstances we have to endure. A very close friend of mine who happens to also be white, told me that he believes that there are subversive forces behind some of the maladies that affect black people. Frank Sinatra once said that he would do anything for black people because we gave him the gift of music, Mic Jagger and Elton John echoed those same sentiments. So that makes this gesture from CURE believable to me. Ray Winbush wrote an astounding book on the case for reparations, so his endorsement is also very meaningful. Now let's see if this hits the six o'clock news and Sixty-minutes, that would indicate to me that the proposal has momentum.

10. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I was thinking the same: "Shouldn't an organization of this magnitude get SOME media exposure?"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Caucasians United for Reparations and Emancipation