destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I've heard folk reference this, when they see others crying, but no tears are coming down.

They seem to be of the opinion, that if there are no tears, then the crying is fake.

I've never cried without tears, can't really imagine doing it, but it intrigues me nonetheless.

When folk cry, I think they're crying, and I don't normally check for tears ... but I probably will from now on.

If a person doesn't have tears when they cry, does it automatically mean the crying is fake?

I think that's a big stretch, as we're all different, expressing our pain in different ways.

A person could be crying inside, never shedding a tear or any expected manifestation of crying ... yet they are crying inside.

What do you think?

:heart:

Destee

I've heard folk reference this, when they see others crying, but no tears are coming down.

They seem to be of the opinion, that if there are no tears, then the crying is fake.

Folks will determine what they will.

Dacryostenosis (dah-crow-steh-no-siss) is a blocked tear duct. This means that the tube that carries tears from the eye to the nose is blocked. A blocked tear duct is not a serious problem. But the eye by the blocked tear duct may get infected. This is because the tears are blocked and cannot flow to clean out the tear duct. It is common that almost 1/3 of all babies are born with one or both tear ducts blocked.

Babies cry for about a year with no tears.

Some adults when they are sad can't bring themselves to tears.
Reason why? varies.

There are reported cases of people not crying after someone close to them or a parent passes.

They are sad, ( crying emotionally inside, feeling sad ) but there are no tears.
Later they may cry, but not when expected.
Not everyone cries when expected. If a person is expressing a sad moment. It may or may not be accompanied with tears.

Tears are a natural indication to many that sadness is occuring.

===============

http://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/Blockedtearduct_causes.htm

Blocked Tear Duct / Dacryostenosis

What are the causes of Blocked Tear Duct ?

The tears normally move towards the nose where they drain into the tear duct system through an opening (lacrimal punctum). The tears eventually drain into the nose through the naso-lacrimal duct. In infants, there may be a partial or complete blockage of the tear duct system, which can be seen by continual overflow of tears from the eye. Gradually this condition changes on its own or with massage of the lacrimal duct. In adults, the tear duct system may become obstructed from nasal infection or severe conjunctivitis.

===============

http://www.mdguidelines.com/dacryostenosis

Medical Disability Advisor > Dacryostenosis ... In adults, tear duct blockages are usually caused by chronic nasal infection or severe or chronic inflammation of the mucous membrane covering the eyeball and lining of the eyelid (conjunctivitis). Inherited structural abnormality resulting in blockage usually appears...

I've never cried without tears, can't really imagine doing it, but it intrigues me nonetheless.

When folk cry, I think they're crying, and I don't normally check for tears ... but I probably will from now on.

If a person doesn't have tears when they cry, does it automatically mean the crying is fake?

I think that's a big stretch, as we're all different, expressing our pain in different ways.

A person could be crying inside, never shedding a tear or any expected manifestation of crying ... yet they are crying inside.

What do you think?

Destee

pysically if u cry with no tears could be dehydrated...

emotionally, mother's have been crying tearless for eons...

regardless if i shed a tear or not doesn't determine how my heart aches...

the tear is expression of emotion...

emotions determine expression... an expression can have multiple meanings..... meaning something different to the observor....

its the heartfelt intent that determines the meaning of a teardrop.... or the energy behind it

and the observor that learns to read the intent as opposed to becoming the intent knows what tears to share in, and what to save a tear for....

u control ur tears, u control ur emotions

What do you think?

Destee

This term has been used for as long as I've been around, to me it's just a 'figure of speech' ...used for a number of

reasons, such as:
That man/woman will cry with a loaf of bread in their mouth.
(about a complaining person) you cry more than my baby.
I gave you more than half, and you still crying.
I don' have a job, they just cut your hours, and you crying?
I was crying cause I have no money, but some don't even have a roof over their heads.

This is the only time I've heard the term 'crying with no tears.
Except for of course people that have a hurting heart, they cry insde sometimes. There are, 'silent cries that many of us go through.

What do you think?

Destee
i wake up cying and go to bed crying and cry all through the day worrying about folks in Haiti, Port of Spain, Compton, Soweto, Bahia, and Newark.

But I shed the internal tears of the clown, and make sure folks only see me laughing, smiling, dropping science, and cutting the fool.

IMHO it is uncool to burden others with our internal griefs

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back