Black Men : Cryin / whinning /complainting Men

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by $$RICH$$, Oct 2, 2008.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    They say when we do this it's our Feminine side coming out !
    How much truth or water do this hold that we as men have a feminine side .

Exploring the Richness of Authentic Femininity ... Men's sexuality has been robbed of its creative essence. It is now viewed as something that imposes a burden on women (when conception happens to occur), ...
    In the last 25-30 years women have been coming into balance and taking their power. This is a good thing. All of the societal rules for gender action and interaction have been thrown in the air. Many men are still scratching their heads because they haven't figured out new ways of being in the world. As women take their power, becoming prominent in the workplace and more independent, men should stay at home to share the household duties and the caretaking of the children and learn the opposite gender role. At this time in history, both genders are being called upon to learn their opposite, developing the full potential of their lives, and balancing their masculine and feminine energies.
    I find that the men I work with tend to be towards one end of the scale or the other. For example, there are some men who are the high pressure masculine types who can manifest anything and will do whatever is necessary to get it, but that is basically all they do. They have an undeveloped feminine side. It's not yet part of their repertoire. With the gender role changes, this type of man does not know what to do with a woman like himself.
    The opposite side of the story are men who have gone a long way into exploring their feminine side and have decided to stay there as a refuge. This is the man who has a great deal of difficulty manifesting in his life. He may find a niche and stay there. He is often someone who has dreams but cannot manifest them. What I am seeing is many "nice guys" who don't have a strong male identity. A man used to be the sole provider and protector which was a strong and definite role. The old masculine models no longer apply in our society, and new ones have not yet been created. The result is often men don't know who their role models should be. In this case the masculine has been lost or at least buried deeply.

So when they say we as men whin / cry / complaint, it's no more then our Feminine side of our hormones coming out and i've had debates and discussion about it , Do we really have a feminine side and not so masculine as we pretend to have, if so what really is our feminine side / i even been told when we break down to women be caring/ show tenderness we are embracing our feminine side as the hormones take over , do all this hold any truth ?

I said it's not a feminine thing but us as men speaking out on whatever matter / problem or action at the time where we are insearch for results answers and something done with action.
    Do we have a feminine side of us that is hidden ??? brothers help me out or better understand this.
    sisters please do join in and help clear this up for me ......Or better help me understand this feminine thing , because in my eyes i'm all MAN with no feminine actions.
    :qqb013::qqb022::yesno::qqb010:

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128

*Waiting to see if anyone will say this a hatefilled, negative thread*

:em2300::SuN049::nuts::)

3. AAlicia25

AAlicia25 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Administrative Assistant
    Ratings:
    +2
    I agree with you... when a man expresses his emotions, it’s not his feminine side emerging; it’s just him relating to another human being. I do not like this gender role assignment nonsense that a lot of people follow; it causes confusion and prevents many people from presenting their true selves out of fear of being mocked. So by all means, if any man would like to express any care, compassion and tenderness in my direction please it will be happily welcomed…

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    it's a joke; laugh

unh-uh, not me, you won't see that mushy stuff coming out of this direction!!!

unless you happen to be Life (any Life) in need! ... which, while i sometimes wish it were otherwise, doesn't rule out even "mrlegend" or khem or james. <grin>

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    mere propaganda.

as long as "we" are convinced that this is "feminine" we ain't gonna touch it and stay "hard". which is good for those that don't want to see/help us grow/change or liberate ourselves.

it ain't "feminine" to care, to have compassion, to be able, and/or want, to reach out to help someone for no other reason that you are there, you can be supportive and that you could sure use the same helping hand once in a while yourself.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    i'll give you some care and tenderness baby.....:10900:

7. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    MmmmHmmmm

Well said sistah :) :read: :)

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

AAlicia25,
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

And I agree with triniti24, well said, AAlicia25, well said!

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    lol......just as i thought.....

it's not so much of the caring but the fact that when we complaint / whin and stuff

do we carry a side as such is what i'm asking because i said we don't .

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

$$RICH$$,

In my view Rich, not necessarily a side. A creationist view is that woman was made from man, which in no way justifies homosexuality, or the gender combination. So, depending on your world view, the answer changes.