Black Events : Crotchet Workshop

Discussion in 'Black Events' started by sacredwoman, Nov 3, 2011.

1. sacredwoman

sacredwoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Entrepreneur, Publisher, Writer, Healing Artist
    Ratings:
    +73
    [​IMG]

Crotchet Workshop
    November, 15th – December, 8th (Tuesday & Thursday nights from 6-8PM).

According to runway shows and the streets, crotchet has become a fashion trend. Ever wondered what it took to make those crotchet hats, scarves and bags you observe people adorning these days? Ever wondered how to maneuver a hook and how to create a piece of accessory and/or clothing from scratch? If this is you then you don’t want to miss this one month crotchet workshop. Yes, I said it. One month. In one month you will learn basic crotchet including:

· The different hook sizes and which ones to use.
    · The different types of yarn and which ones are best used for what you wish to create.
    · How to make a table mat, a scarf, a hat, a purse and much more!

Acquiring additional skills is crucial especially in this economy. For example, wouldn’t you rather make a hat or scarf for that loved one instead of having to buy all the time (not always knowing where your money is going)? Wouldn’t you like the option to sell your craft and earn a little extra income? And how about making holiday gifts this season for your loved ones?

The learning experience will begin with a powerful base chakra meditation to stimulate your creativity and tranquil background music to ease your mind as you unleash your creative potential. If interested, don’t delay. Join us now as there is no better time to learn this craft than now. See you there!

Two classes per week, each 2 hours long. Tranquil space. Tranquil meditative music. Feel the energies of the Muses as they inspire your creativity. Supplies will be provided for a fee of $20 for three balls of acrylic or cotton yarn and a hook. To request prior to the workshop, please contact me at 814-218-2995. Participants are also free to bring their own supplies.

Cost: $100 (Only $12.50 per class!).
    8 Revere Place -top floor
    (Between Dean & Bergen)
    (718) 773-3338
    Directions: C train to Kingston.

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Awww It's so far away though :(

Anyways, I always wanted to take a crocheting class...I was in the fabric store a couple days ago to see if they offered classes but sadly they didn't :cry:

3. sacredwoman

sacredwoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Entrepreneur, Publisher, Writer, Healing Artist
    Ratings:
    +73
    Awww ... maybe next time you make your way to New York you can stop by :) Yea, crotchet is a fun craft. It has blessed my life in many ways.