Black People : criticism and the NAS* syndrome

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
there seem to be several individuals who are quite anxious to criticize the black community.
while professing love for us their views seem to actually be a closet form of NAS* syndrome.
they inform us that there is no gain without pain and then gleefully go about the business of inflicting as much pain as they can.
i sometimes wonder, "whose side are you on"?
is that just what the community needs right now, another source of pain?

i would ask each critic to give their self the NAS* test before they launch into their tirade.
is that what they are really feeling?, NAS*?
at the root of it is that what their criticism sums out as, NAS*?
is the "love" simply used as an excuse to give them unrestrained access to tear down?

for example, you could say that Negroes drink too much Cognac.
that is a true statement.
does that make the critic feel superior?
does the expression of the negative factoid do any good?
are there people who do not know that Negroes drink too much cognac?
what has been accomplished?

on the other hand you could go on to say that the US as a whole consumes an enormous amount of mind altering chemicals.
you coulds speculate as to the reason we so often feel the need to escape from the reality in which we reside.
you could propose some healthy alternatives to escape.
you could plan how this information can be disseminated into the community.
one could even listen to other points of view on the subject.

so, are we just trying to show how much better we are than those other Negroes or are we genuinely trying to improve on a situation?

* N#######Z ain't S######T

I like this thread....

We have to be fair in our approach.

If criticism of the behavior some of our people display shouldn't be tolerated in our community; then those who criticize THEM shouldn't be tolerated either!

Makes sense?

In other words....

There are some of black people who see the black American community spiraling downward on a path of destruction from racism, immorality, lack of ethics, improper family structure, poor diet, and degenerate music, ect.

Most of us are civilized about it and don't want to try and enforce these rules of ethics and morality on our people by the barrel of a gun. We don't want to start killing rap artists and executives who pump poison into the brains of our youth...or shoot at the black dope dealers and their white suppliers on the street in an effort to take back our communities. So we protest and speak out with our mouths as and give our opinions as it's the only option we have at this point.

Should we who have a problem with these negativities entrenching themselves in the black community and growing worse every year..be silent?

And if the crime is pointing out the ills of our community, then whoever is pointing the finger at those who criticize should be held just as liable for the crime because they are doing the very same thing they find distasteful.

*Ofcourse, I'm talking about black people who have a sincere desire for the upliftment of their people....not an enemy disguising himself.

Ralfa'il said:
Of course, I'm talking about black people who have a sincere desire for the uplifting of their people....not an enemy disguising himself...............
how do you tell the difference between the two?
every one says that they love us, who is telling the truth?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back