Black Money Business Jobs : Critical thinking

OK...let's look at what you are now proposing. You say that truth is subjective, right? We see it in the quotes there above. My position to contrary. I maintain that what you are stating sounds good but in actuality, it is fallacious--- meaning there are some 'things' in life (for the lack of a better word right now) which are simply incontrovertible.

Now let's you and I test your theory.

If you're home, I want you to go get me a hammer and a big 6 inch steel nail. Once you get these two items I am directing you to roll your pants or shorts' left leg up so that your left knee is exposed. Then I want you to take the 6 inch steel nail and place the tip of the sharp edge in the middle of your left knee cap. Then, with your right hand, I want you to pick up the hammer and with a powerful might I want you to strike the 6 inch steel nail three times through your left kneecap.

Before you do this, I would like to announce my position. My position is that if you do that it will hurt like unholy helll. That's the truth.

Now if truth is subjective, as you have proposed, then for proofs sake maybe you can have a video cam sitting on the shelf or something filming this so we all can witness the subjectivity of truth in this particular scenario.

if someone legs were paralyzed they would not feel this pain of which you speak....
look at it this way...any truth involving man is subjective since hue-mans think and believe differently...

things like mathematics and geometry are universal truths....at least the more basic principles...

one love
khasm

Nope. There is no again nor did I misstate. That's your judgement.

Let me say it again: truth is subjective.
Few... if any truths are incontrovertible.

You missed the word 'may' by the way ...

Don't forget the rest of my post ....

Do you have a proof that computers are easy or hard and is it incontrovertible? Universal?

Either you just don't get it or you're being intellectually dishonest. Either way, after my explanation to you, I'm out because I think you do get it but you don't have the courage to admit your logic is faulty and you sometimes say what you don't mean. So here's the situation:

Also for the record, I continue to maintain truth is subjective.
Now you have modified your initial proposition to this:

Not all truths are incontrovertible. Some may be. Most will not.

What you have done is came back with a qualifier. You see at first you just said "truth is subjective." You did not qualify it like you did when I confronted you with your logical inconsistency, which now says:

Not all truths are incontrovertible. Some may be. Most will not.

It's basically like you saying "Black Women are born from the sea." Notice that proposition is NOT qualified. You threw a blanket over all Black Women. You didn't say for instance,"Black Women from the midwest were born from the sea."

Continuing with the sea hypothetical. Then someone says to you "But I know some Black Women who are not."

Then you say, because you got trapped in your own illogical expressions, "Not all Black Women are born from the sea. Some may be. Most will not."

In the same manner you did with truth. You wrote "truth is sibjective." You didn't say "certain truths are subjective," or "truths from the Ancient World are subjective." You just said "truth is subjective."

This goes to the other situation we were discussing when I pointed out that you may have a challenge with writing things you don't mean. You need to look into that.

if someone legs were paralyzed they would not feel this pain of which you speak....
look at it this way...any truth involving man is subjective since hue-mans think and believe differently...

things like mathematics and geometry are universal truths....at least the more basic principles...

one love
khasm

absolutely...good point. but i was getting to the idea that there exists some truths which cannot be contested. i never stated that there are not varying degrees of truths. what my Brotha was doing was saying with his expression that all truths were subjective. i disagreed with that and used the legs scenario but you came back with a whammy and i concede that my example would not serve me well then.

good one Bro!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back