Black Poetry : Critical Analysis and Exegesis, by Eldred P. Walker, Night Shift Maintenance.

abstract219

...standing on the shoulders of giants
Sep 21, 2005
Philadelphia PA
Occupation
Behavioral Health
.....taken from a actual conversation.

Uncle, I have this poetry with you in mind..
I want to show you my metaphors
And fluidity of line....

"Boy, you aint said a **** thang....
Using them big words and weirdo slang...
Give me a poem that fights and bites..
Something like Mr. Leroi Jones would write."

"I need one that cant stop, dont stop, wont stop.
Something that scats and swings like bebop...
I need something that moves my soul,
Have me sweating at midnight going "Whoaaa"

But Uncle, I work within the bounds of
What is aliterative and formal....

"Yea, yea, yea, shaddup and give me something normal"

"Give me something I can understand,
Talk to me direct, cause Im a simple man.
Dont wanna hear bout the light of yo soul, right now.
It's time to party, boy..show me how"

Er..po me a drank..."

"Give me something that vibes and swings..
Give me royalty, like Duke or Prince, or 'Reatha the Queen
"Nature, Liberation of yo Soul....yea, yea, yea...all that's true...
But I want something spicy, like Tito Puente or Cecila Cruz"

"See, the problem with you poets today....
Cain't call the sky blue, gotta say "azure grey"...
And did'nt azure grey live down on Monroe Skreet?
****, forgot what I was talkin bout...oh yea, ya poetry."

"Now I'se got no problem with big words and edumacation, that' true,
But sometimes you gotta adjust to the crowds and who ya talkin to.

But Uncle, surely you dont mean I dilute my work?
"Boy, you aint made a **** dime...
And that's bout all it's worth."

"Now po me a drank."

(c)2005 dennis lee

nevar

Jun 19, 2005
I'm a Georgia Peach!!!!
Occupation
working to own my plus size empire.....
wow this is like ease dropping on a intimate conversation thanks for letting us enter your world. flow on poet.:kiss1:

watzinaname

Oct 4, 2003
Northeast
I enjoyed this, the realism of it. Sorta reminds me of conversations I would have with my grandmother years ago. She would tell you, I knew you when, in a second, lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : SBC wants to scrap resolution on critical race theory, Pastor Dwight McKissic says Christian Study Group 3
HODEE Black People Politics : Besides Executive Orders Trump Since October has been removing critical regulations and trying to pass so many controversial laws Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Computers - Software Hardware : A ‘Critical’ Unpatched Flaw Has Affected All Versions Of Windows: Microsoft Science and Technology 67
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : What are GMO's: 16 genetically modified foods that are critical to the US food supply Food Discussion and Recipes 2
Gorilla Science and Technology : Critical crypto bug leaves Linux, hundreds of apps open to eavesdropping Science and Technology 6
Alarm Clock Haiti : Report Critical of USAID in Haiti: No “Detailed Information on Funding and Sector Activities” Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 0
Keita Kenyatta South Africa : South Africa: Nelson Mandela in critical condition South Africa 3
Shikamaru Black Money Business Jobs : Critical thinking Black Money Business Jobs 22
R Black Poetry : Got a critical style like a political exile so it marinated Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : What Constitute Objective Critical Thinking , Concerning Black People Condition In Th Chief Elder Osiris 0
R Black Poetry : Critical Condition Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ├ѕтυdιeѕ in the 乙ulu┤Reevaluating Zulu Religion: An Afrocentric Analysis Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Statistical Analysis On The Racial Wealth Gap and Economic Inequality Black People Politics 0
CE Wogu Black People : 28 Causes of Failure: Accurate Self-analysis Black People Open Forum 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : DNA analysis traces African slaves back to their roots Science and Technology 15
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Homer's Odyssey - Epic Poem Summary & Analysis by Thug Notes Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
RAPTOR Black People : Amos Wilson: An analysis of black on black violence put in social context Black People Open Forum 1
S Black People : Originality vs Nationality: Afri-centic Analysis.. By Dr. Kwame Nantambu Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Infatuation and Political Analysis is like Oil and Water Black People Open Forum 9
Ankhur Black People : An Analysis of the State of Black America 2010 Black People Open Forum 0
Mikha'el Black Entertainment : Analysis Of Kanye West Runaway Film Black Entertainment 4
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Analysis: Listen to Colin Powell, Mr. President Black People Politics 4
Ankhur Black People : A Serious analysis of the 2009 state of Black folks in America. Black People Open Forum 2
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : God is absolutely unimaginable to the intelligence and analysis Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
S Black People : ANALYSIS OF THE FARRAKHAN SPEECH Black People Open Forum 2
A Black Spirituality Religion : after further analysis I can say that Sebai Maa ~ Ra Un Nefer Amen Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
P Destee Network : BLACK WATCH EUROCENTRIC ANALYSIS Destee Network : 2
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Analysis of the various statement of Jesus Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
I Black Money Business Jobs : Rich dad poor dad analysis....... Black Money Business Jobs 5
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Analysis of misery in life – the way to look at it Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : What Went Wrong In Our Analysis Black People Open Forum 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : President of The UNIA Ask For Osiris Analysis Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : A Black Nationalist Garveyite Objective Analysis Of Don Imus Statement Chief Elder Osiris 0
S Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Hey girl, am I more than my hair? (extended analysis) Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 10
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Analysis of the various statement of Jesus Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
kemetkind Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Chapter 6 - Analysis of the Cosmogonical System Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III Study Group 0
B Pan Africanism : UhuruRadio Sun 7/23 highlights: analysis on Mid-East crisis and the Liberty City 7 African American History Culture 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : A wonderful analysis of Astrology in the light of spirituality Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
M Black Spirituality Religion : Hebrew word for word analysis of Hosea 13:4. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
M Black Spirituality Religion : Isaiah 53:10 Hebrew word analysis: Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : A comprehensive analysis of all the religions to show their unity Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
MANASIAC Black Sports : The Historical Significance of the Winners in Boston (WS ANALYSIS) Black Sports 4
C Black People : Decapitation Video Analysis Black People Open Forum 1
Bishop Black Poetry : Analysis Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7