Black Short Stories : CRIME PAYS

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by AACOOLDRE, Jul 20, 2010.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    CRIME PAYS: Four pages of reflection
    By Andre Austin

Cast of Characters:

Ritchie The barber
    Stumpy Jones ex-crime figure
    Shabaka young militant

The Scene begins with some small talk in Ritchie’s Barbershop.

Ritchie: So what will it me Stumpy?

Stumpy Jones: Just fade the sides

A teenager starts up a conversation with Stumpy Jones.

Teen: Whats up my man stumpy. I hear you’re a local legend around here in Detroit. Back in the 70’s no criminal activity went down unless you approved of it?

Stumpy: What is your name son?

Teen: Well my mom named me after some dude in Egypt named Shabaka who found some black stone in the ground.

Stumpy: Your mom’s knows her history

Shabaka: well its cool and everything. I’m running my own gang after it called The Black stone gangsters. And we all about money, cars, clothes and of course the house. We bringing in ten G’s a week.

Stumpy: Its clear now that your mom just using **** as slogans and mottos. She touched the surface and didn’t dig deep and lay the real to the real with you.

Ritchie: yes sir. Just like the movie on Malcolm X. They were just walking around with an X on a baseball cap and didn’t even know Malcolm lived an hour and half from here up in Lansing.

Shabaka: Stumpy I want to be just like up when I get bigger

Stumpy: that’s if you live long enough to grow you little…

Shabaka: I’m really into nostalgia I want to walk around in 400 dollar suits and have all the connections like you did.

Stumpy: Crime pays and crimes slays. Your like is a gamble in crime and you must know how to play. Since 2001 I’ve been retired from the game.

Ritchie: Your not yet fifty. What made you want to get out of the life?

Stumpy: 9-11 got me out of the game. The Arabs ****** it up for everybody. Congress gave the police and secret agents billions to spy on all of us gangsters and link up gangsterism with terrorism just for the purpose of spying. We couldn’t even fart without the man knowing about it. I converted my cash into a legitimate garbage business.

Shabaka: And now you went from sugar to ****. And you had to name your company. “******s in a truck” then with the business motto: “You call, We haul”

Everybody in the barbershop bust out laughing.

Stumpy: Well I’m making big dollars and I’m free. They don’t got me locked up in a cage looking like no God **** monkey now do they son?

Shabaka: Now I do recall my mom telling me about Farrakhan who cut a song back in the 1960’s. “White man’s Heaven is a black man’s hell”. And your hell goes right to the dump everyday. You in the god **** junk yard and the Whiteman is digging up all the Blackman’s gold and diamonds in Africa.

Ritchie: Well the Chinese will be taking that over pretty soon.

Stumpy: Yes I recall the song especially the chorus:

Lets get together (unity)
    Heed the final Call for you all
    Its easy to tell
    I Whiteman’s heaven is a Blackman’s hell

You ***** *** ****** never did could understand a song, poem or a lecture. When Lincoln ran for president he told the white folks not to be alarmed at the Republican party advocating the non extension of slavery. Lincoln told them the blacks could never replicate Tossaasant in Haiti because they would snitch on each other and had no mass form of communication.

Ritchie: that’s right: Go back to Farrakhan’s song where he said:

Its easy to tell
    Our unity will give the white man hell

Stumpy: The mass of black peoples are left in poverty and we resort to criminal activity to keep from sinking in this cess pool called the Ghetto. Shabaka is young dumb and full of come. Why don’t you take your monkey *** down to the library and learn about the real Shabaka with whom you were named after. And while your down there look up the notorious drag *** queen Hoover. Hoover didn’t want the black community to produce a Messiah who could bring on another “Mau, Mau” revolution like Jomo Kenyatta did in Kenya.
    Shabaka: Speaking of Queens. When you were a teenager didn’t you work for Queen Ester originally from Jamaica who ran the numbers racket in Detroit. Tell me about her.

Stumpy: later for the queen. School is still in court. Unity comes through mass form of communication through the process of reading and writing and oral commands. We have that right now with the internets. Black people have individual power but no collective power. You can be a lawyer, architect, doctor, scientist, journalist and what ever your individual skill has to be sold to a white individual or corporation. They have the power to turn it on or off, hire or fire. They basically can tell you when you can eat or not. We can’t reach our full potential with one race of people controlling the mind , body and soul of another group of people.

Ritchie: What about Obama

Stumpy: What about Obama. He didn’t bring black unity. All he did was herd black folks like sheep as a group with 4 or 5 other groups to win a political seat to be a lobbyist for white special interest groups and white corporations.

Ritchie: They should have brought him in during the good times and not the hard times we face now. Obama is at risk of looking like.. I said looking like a failure. If it comes to pan out and might be harder for another black or bi-racial to take the office again.

Stumpy: The Jews failed in reaching a reconciliation with Farrakhan to their own damage. The Jewish community looked like they couldn’t find peace with a man who never ordered a car bomb or assassination against their people. The international world looking at the Children of Israel now see the Jewish people incapable of making peace with anybody. How can you make peace with a man with a bullet when you can’t make peace with a man who doesn’t even carry a gun?

Ritchie: That’s well and good but what did Farrakhan short comings? Martin L King became the apostle of peace and Farrakhan became an apostle of hate. He didn’t free himself from hate, free himself from self-pity and pride. Self esteem is cool but pride leads to a superiority complex.

Shabaka: The Jews didn’t want to make peace because the wanted to use Farrakhan as a big black boogeyman to scare black people away from him. The million man March shot down that dream.

Stumpy: You have to be wise as serpents. Its foolish to attack a man who is free. Never attack an independent man who has his own access to publish print material and broadcast on the radio and television at will. A man who can access foreign money. You see you left out another freedom to extend help or assistance to somebody that benefits them more than yourself. Lincoln knew blacks couldn’t be free because they had no means of mass communication and they would snitch each other out. Hoover was vigilant and seeking out any “Black Messiah” who could bring unity among black people especially the youth.

Shabaka: Racial strife in America is more from an economic epidemic than religious. It’s unhealthy on all levels for one group to depend on another. T he Jews tried to silence Farrakhan and turn him into a black Hitler without any killing. A non violent Black Hitler. King was no Angel and Farrakhan is no Lucifer but both wanted freedom for black people. Freedom isn’t picking what white person you gonna work for. Freedom is a Blackman who has the ability to employ a white person at his own firm or business. That is a good table of brotherhood.

Ritchie: You see taking people out of context and miss representations can sometimes backfire. Now everything the Jewish people done wrong from the bible times to 2010Ad is being aired on the public airways for consumption. Nobody wants peace because the racial strife pays dividends. Book deals, TV appearances, lectures and so on.

Shabaka: And it will keep going on because CRIME PAYS

CURTAINS

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    whewwww at a cost too when it pay this was awesome can't wait for the next part !

3. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    I forgot the prologue:

In many parts of Africa I saw white students helping black people…I did many things as a Black Muslim that I’m sorry for now. I was a zombie then-like all Muslims-I was hypnotized, pointed in a certain direction and told to march. Well, I guess a man’s entitled to make a fool of himself if he is ready to pay the cost. It cost me 12 years”
    -Malcolm X

4. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    tru dat....we are humans and mistakes happen , but the best part is redeem self as Malcolm did

The price we pay can be costly moreso then others this story open my eyez thankz

5. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    thanks for the compliment. You might find my book review of Farrakhan's secret relationship worth the time.

6. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I'll be checking it out as well thankz