Black People : Crime in low income neighborhoods

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ManicRaider, Jul 20, 2011.

1. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    I've been trying to find a way to make this topic as unoffensive as I can but it's too much. This is something that's been on my mind for days so if you're sensitive or don't like hearing the truth, just hit the Back button.

Here's what's been bothering me. The low income neighborhoods in my city are black neighborhoods and they are also very dangerous. These are places that my more street-wise siblings say that they won't even want to live there. So someone like me would get eaten alive.

But why? If it's not a black thing, what is it? I've heard some people say it's because they're in poverty. Really? Those guys don't seem depressed to me. They seem happy and they seem to love the neighborhood they're in. So I ask again, why?

Also if they don't want crime in their neighborhood why don't they just come together to get rid of it. All of the crime can't be from outside so most of it comes from inside. This shatters the earlier theory of being sad about being in poverty. They don't want to get rid of it.

What I'm angry about is that these are supposed to be people that I can relate to more but they would more likely harm me than help me. It's this kind of crap that makes it difficult to want to help other blacks. While simultaneously hearing and seeing negativity from other races. It gives you a very lonely feeling. You can't trust your own because they're dangerous and you can't trust anyone else because they don't like you.

So is there any hope for people in these types of neighborhoods or should I just write them off?

2. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    Nobody whos from the hood wants to stay there...its a negative place to be.....growing up in a low income environment n seeing poverty i grew to love n hate it....its made me who i am...its home...for 20 years its all i saw....the broken down homes, homeless people, the projects, the violence....its home....when i came home from school in va i was even more fond of it.

& yet i hated it.....i hated living lower middle class. i hated being there in the same breath, i hate tht it limited me, i hated all things negative abt the hood as much as i love them. with all the shootings that have happened this summer it only reminds me why i am not so fond of this place.

But there is hope for these people. If u can get them to see it in themselves

3. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I'm somewhat in the same boat. My circumstances are solidly middle class, but others that I relate to are poor or hood.

I simply make sure to take care of myself first. Give advice and knowledge when the others are ready to receive it.
    Most of all, avoid giving money :).

I wouldn't write them off. It may take far longer for them to get the picture, but seeds can be planted. In time, they shall germinate.

When they are ready, they will do and act as necessary.

4. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Though I don't have to, I live in the dead middle of it all. And you know what, I love it. I do so because it's my home and I refuse to abandon it. This is where my roots are, where I was raised, it's home, even though it has gone from very good to very bad in my lifetime, I will not leave. That's the problem now. Too many leave, forgetting that they not only take their financial base with them, but any moral & virtue beliefs with them.
    For the most part, we were thrown into these situations by a society that didn't want us in their midst. They made these areas for us to survive in (notice I didn't say "live") and made sure that we had little to nothing in them. They trucked in the drugs & alcohol to keep us complacent, then turned many of us into snitches to instigate trouble and to put most of us behind bars. And for good measures, they threw in welfare to make sure that it all would be a continuous evil cycle.
    So why is it so crime-ridden & dangerous? Why is it so dangerous in jail/prison? It's because you can't lash out at anyone except those immediately around you. And there, like in my area, there are only blacks.
    Any changes made to the outside are only cosmetic & superficial. True and lasting changes have to start from the inside, be it on a personal level or to a community.

And did he say "these people"? Wow.

5. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I concur on the point that ghettos are "containment units".

6. nixprophet

nixprophet Psalms 82:6 MEMBER

Young Black Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +357
    I firmly believe that "The Powers That Be" have instituted "Sophisticated Silent Weapons of Mass Destruction", with the sole intent on "Dividing" the Black Man, Woman and Child....

By making the Black Family Incomplete, they make the minds of the Black Populace vulnerable to Mental "Submission" aka Mental *Slavery*... They placed mental shackles upon The Black Family under the illusion of hiding the PHYSICAL / LITERAL shackles upon The Black Family...

The only way to DIVIDE something is to SEPARATE it and therefore make it Incomplete...

Weapons were developed for this purpose...

"The Silent Weapons of Mass Destruction" that I speak of are our Education System, Legal System, Government, Economic System, Welfare System, Religious Systems, Social Caste System, European Culture, Social Life, Entertainment down to our Mannerisms and Self Awareness....

We have been taught to turn against one another by each and every one of these institutions and many countless more with the "tactical" implementation of "Drugs, Alcohol, Unnatural Food and Hygiene Products, Exposure to Hazardous Materials and MISS-education / Indoctrination and the list goes on....

We live in and promote crime within our communities because many of us have been Indoctrinated into being that which we are not NATURALLY... We have taken the LIKE-NESS of those that are UN LIKE us.... Those that are "AWARE" of this are Responsible for the Power(Knowledge) which they posess... The key to breaking this SPELL that has fallen upon us is SELF AWARENESS....

The Black Family needs to become "AWARE" of their "TRUE" Nature / Self... How to go about that is the question????

THATS PEACE BLACK MAN!!!!

Peace... Peace...

7. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    I always felt that I had to leave the inner city, the Projects, the poor foam of Miss-Education. I felt penned, I felt like I could not breath, and that my life would be very limited, by the place and some of the people around me. It was not easy to leave those I loved so much. But I did have to break away from the misery and the limited perspectives some had for me.

I was drafted and survived combat in Viet-Nam. When I returned to the world, I was a very changed Man. I felt it was my chance to go some where else, to start anew. Go to school, I became a technician of computers. It lead to a different life. Not one I was comfortable with, but I felt I could improve on. I started to do all the wild adventures I dreamt of. Rock climbing, sailing, flying lessons, My own scuba diving gear. Even ran away with a Jamaican stewardess to the Island of Kauai …….

I don’t know if we will over come all the stuff we’ve come through. I give back in the best way I can. But some can’t see, or choose not to see, a different way to live by………

I too get angry at the not so wise things we do, even though I know how we got there.
    All we can do is to stay at teaching our brothers and sisters that there are other ways to look at ourselves.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    As long as Black Men are disproportionately unemployed, under-employed, and under educated ... our communities will be negatively impacted by this. Crime will rise, it will become more dangerous, they will be more desperate, less value of their own lives, and those around them.

Black Men that escape the above, will always be fewer than those that remain entangled in the trap.

If you're one of the lucky ones, God Bless You, for i don't believe they want to see any of you escape.

Black Men are going to have to solve this one. Figure out a way for all of their Brothers and Sons to experience a portion of their true potential, their true earning power, because no other man really cares, and no woman can do it.

Black Men must first respect each other, and teach that to the youth, which is more than a notion.

Everything is out of order. It is a very daunting task, not for the weak or faint of heart.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    In fact, the above scenario is much like the one being pushed on Single Black Women.

Black Men are disproportionately economically disenfranchised, not making for good life partners.

So they're being told to date outside of their race, just write those Brothers off.

Both cases have the people most affected by the systemic racism, abandoning each other.

This over solving the root of the problem, which requires responding to racism in a different way.

Another aspect, while deciding if we abandon those on the bottom, we attack those at the top.

It has us imploding, turning on our own selves, or running from our own selves.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee