Black People : Creating jobs can be easy

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by guttertwain, Dec 22, 2011.

1. guttertwain

guttertwain New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I was wondering if this idea could be expounded upon. In an attempt to hire 10 felons and high school dropouts that can not find work I decided to make a calendar that could generate money in hopes to paying these people for writing 1500 word essays on African History and Black History. The aim is to not only enlighten their minds on the contributions of Blacks but also to create a publishing business behind studying history. I have yet to sell a calendar but I think the idea could be something big I f maybe I share it. It might not be my time to capitalize on it but maybe someone else who might have the resources could make the plan work. I would love to network with some of you and if you don't mind a little banter about action before rhetoric contact me lets move these blocks and create our kingdom.

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Good to see a brother with a caring heart, and focus on our people.
    I will contribute original art work and illustrations, gratis if it works out.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    This could work with likeminded networkers
    and i'm gonna move this to the open forum where more members could visit the
    idea and power it could have i like it andf something to brainstorm on !

4. blackisbeautiful

blackisbeautiful Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +77
    I think you have a good idea, but have you formulated a more detailed business plan? How do you plan on paying the felons/drop outs for their services? How will you print the calendars?

Here is what I would suggest based on my experience with ghostwriting and Internet marketing.

1. Set aside funds to pay your employees. Have enough to cover at least a year for your business. So, if you pay your employees $10 per essay, you should have $5,000 in the bank. This gives you enough money to pay for 500 essays. If you were to sell them at $25 a piece, your profit would be $7,500. Rinse and repeat the process, setting aside the $5,000 again to protect the welfare of your employees (in case business is slow in the future).

2. If you don't have the money right now, you could wait until tax time and use your refund, or you could ask from donations from the black community. Based on the stats mentioned above, I would suggest asking 5,000 black folk for $1. With Internet marketing, and a revolutionary idea this is not as hard as you might think.

3. Think about if you really want to sell calendars. People don't really look at calendars like that, plus the printing costs might supersede what you're able to afford. Instead, why not put the essays in an anthology? You could use Createspace (a free service) to publish them on Amazon. They would come in the form of a real book. You can also distribute the essays on Kindle if you want even more profit.

4. Get others in the community to promote your work. If you follow suggestion #3, you would be able to take advantage of a concept known as affiliate marketing. Amazon offers it to any of its customers. Basically, affiliates earn 4 to 8 percent commission on your work... funds that would never affect you because they're taken out of Amazon's pocket. However, you would have to let them know that the opportunity is out there.

With an army of affiliates, you get free promotion for your own business, while giving the other person their fair share. We would all grow together. And yes, affiliate marketing can be done for free.

5. Write a press release. Journalists use press releases to pitch human interest stories to the media. Your business is interesting enough that it could get coverage from a major media outlet.

6. Put up a separate website. Your website should use SEO (search engine optimization) to get listed in Google. To do SEO, you have to repeat non-competitive keywords in your content 1 to 2 percent of the time.

7. Think about cost. Calendars aren't very expensive, though you do have the human interest element going on. But if you charge a crazy amount, you're going to turn off the consumer.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I agree and love what you saying here , this was good advice have me thinking of ideas
    thank you sister blackisbeautiful

6. guttertwain

guttertwain New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you all for the reply In fact I have thought the same thing about the calendars and decided it would be better to do a complete body of work. In an attempt to raise money I designed the first calendar on magcloud for $11.99 under African an Black American calendars. I do graphic design and have hired some people through the felony job placement program forat the urban league to distribute door hangers and flyers but the life of a graphic designer ins't alway consistent. I really like the idea of collecting $1 from 5,000 people to help build a fund. When it comes to the local community theres a statement to many chiefs...However I am interested in creating a network my phone number is 330.573.2281
    I was even trying to figure a network marketing plan similar to the siper juic everyone sells.