Black Spirituality Religion : Create Your Own Religion / Spiritual Life

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Peace and Blessings Family,

If you could create your own religion / way of spiritual life ... what would be some of the "rules" that all would have to abide by?

Right now i only have one in mind, and it would be to honor and respect all of our Ancestors. No matter how they lived their lives, if they have passed on, they should be respected and never spoken ill of.

I'll add more as i think of them.

Please share your thoughts.

:heart:

Destee

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,742
    everybody have to put 5% into a pot to be used for the betterment of the community.

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    one rule would be, nobody gets left behind. If one person is struggling(no food, no shelter, no clothing, wayward children etc.) the family will step up to assist in their needs.

Another one would be, no trash talking about a family member. If we must discuss a members ill behaviors, it would be totally for finding a solution for the dilema. Anyone caught violating this rule, will be subjected to living outside of the family borders for a month or two.

There would be no such thing as individual families. We would operate as one family.

4. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    "We" would not be allowed to rob, beat up, sell drugs to or kill another black.

5. High Priest

High Priest Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I believe, the way of spiritual life, is not a religion. Religion and civilization are new words. I may come back to it later.
    Now, you can create your own religion with your own "rules". But the way of spiritual life, cannot be created. But,it can be revealed by the Most High the creator of everything.For exemple, a man or woman trainned for 40 years and applying those trainning during those 40 years ; not to lie , not to steal, in fact not to harm any living thing and are always in conctat with water, either by drinking or bathing or just touching the water , can receive a spiritual message from the Highest Spirit the Most High. Message for the way of life . It can be a personal message or to be communicated to all living and existing things.
    Bless you all

6. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    Spirituality is all the Hue-Man needs*

Hotep

There is no need for any other...man made, concocted, fabricated, distorted "New Religion" to ruine our lives any further...ever! What ever any "One" thinks they can come up with is at best a very, very, very limited "Ideology" that can not be any better than the rest...no matter how well meaning and sincere.
    Religions are all made by men over the ages to only control the masses. Think...how colud you be controled by the "Religion" that you already follow, worship and believe is real and from G-d and no one has the "Right" way but you unless you were made ignorant first? The same thing will happen with what ever new "Concoction" you can come up with...because thats all it will be...a caoncoction that "You" made up. Then how are you going to get the masses of prople to "Quit" what they have to follow you? And it must be the case...if you think to concoct a different ideology like soo meny otheres have done before your...looking for followers to control within your idea of what you think people should be doing...when in reality even at your best as others before you...you don't know enought about yourself to even think about what others should be doing unless you are just like the others before you...Crazy!!
    Every one is born with-in the same universal fabric of Spirituality Created by the Creator! Then why in this world, earth or the known universe would any man or woman think they can create something better than the (G-d) Creator...that "Created All things including you in Spirituality and you want more man made religion"?? Any person would have to be absolutely Crazy, insane, a lunitic and other words out of their ever loving Mind to even think such a thought...that is only a "Off-Shoot" of what we already have...and that is Religion as aposed to the Natural...we have chosen to be and stay in the Un-Natural...any and all "Religions" are man made and there fore UN-NATURAL.
    Spirituality is not Religion. Spirituality is ware the so-called African man and woman are G-ds and G-ddises!!! When we speak of our african ancestors in the state of Kings and Queens...we must understand that that was during the time of "Knowing all there is to know about Self in Spiritualiy...long, long, long before there was any such thing as a Religion. Religions will and has always only allowed you (Africans) to be Slaves...not or ever any Kings or Queens let alone any thing of your former selves as G-ds and G-ddises. You will only be limited to what some white, indoeuropian thinks and wishes as we are today at this very hour...Lost in false europian Biblical Myths and think we are following what the Creator wants...when in reality we don't know any thing except what the Slave Masters of the system of White Superimacy wants us (you) to know and that is Religion...so why in the would don't we just wake up and Know Our Selves? Spirituality is...Who...You...Are!!!!!!!!

Ase`

Note: The answers sometime can be given to us and be put right in front of our faces...but most will still choose to remain lost in ignorance because they love very much the ignorance they are in.

7. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    I would agreed with what some have said here. We tend to get in trouble when our worship is corporate. Therefore religion is not only unnecessary but counterproductive in the development of our spiritual selves. Individual spirituality is sufficent. No one has a patent on God nor can anyone tell someone anything about who God is to them or what specifically God has instore for them. However if I have a choice I would rather use the term standard of living rather than religion. The Creator I would worship would have to serve myself, my families and my people's best interest. I would relate to my Creator like a child does to a parent rather than a slave to a master. My spiritual growth would be for the purposes of joining the other spirits when fully matured.

Peace....

8. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    High Priest, Moorfius and Redical Faith said it best.

We already know in our hearts not to steal, kill or do drugs. What religion does is allow people to work around the letter, ignoring the spirit so they can do what they want anyway. Ive heard people say well, the bible says don't kill but what it really means is don't murder. Surely our slavemasters did not condider it murder to kill those who were only three fifths human. I've also heard a young man demand to know where in the bible does it say we can't smoke pot.

This kind of silliness does not come up when you are following your spirit. It only comes up when you are trying to follow a book or a list of rules made up by men. Like brotha Moorf said scripture is nothing more than a script for us to follow. When a script doesn't cover every aspect of life we are left lost where those areas are concerned. When a script does try to cover every aspect of life the spirit is stifled in the grip of legalism.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Hmmmm ... this is an interesting thread ... :D

Please Share.

:heart:

Destee

10. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings: