Black People Politics : crabs in a barrel mentality ( stop hating Obama- he's our brother)

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by j'hiah, Feb 26, 2008.

1. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    i've noticed how systemic and spiritual the negative critique has become towards our very own native- yes, African native son, Barack Obama. The labeling of "The anti-christ/ beast, the sci-fi satanic "icon" one brother has chosen to depict him.... unbelievably the religious covering of a whitewashed, crab-driven mind.
    it's amazing to me that if a slave could see this day, he wouldn't believe it.... not b/c it would not be real... but because of the impossibility that one of his descendants could one day be president over this nation.... This is how most of brothers here are thinking. Sure we have ways to go and we have come long long ways. I emphasize "we" b/c nothing was given to us... Blood and Death earned our right to vote... to education... to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness...
    l see here, that many of our black men here have this crab's complex. At the moment, the slave says " you go on and get.... i'sa gon' stay right 'chea- so conditioned and branded with the fear of white supremacy- so limited and marginalized in his thinking that if any black man assumed elected power and responsibility, he would be a servicing in the confines of massa Jim's great scheme. l can't believe how Wise and Infinite and All powerful black people here say God is... with reference to whoever your God is, and then you pucker up your lips and kiss the muscles of "white supremacy"- almost forgetting that God is the one who sets down kings and sets up others...
    brings down kingdoms and rears others so that we understand that only He is all- source, all- time, all- space, matter, etc...
    A few brothers here, not only Keita thinks that white supremacy is so formidable that Barack is simply a puppet on the string of white government and that no way is it possible that a white man would let black people be presidents... Sad. Decades, perhaps centuries from now, Barack Obama will be your children's children's hero with a great great grandfather who couldn't see and appreciate, even missed how great the moment and the effect was b/c he believed so much in white supremacy. He thought it was a conspiracy when it was a revolution.

let's go deeper -How can sisters believe in us when we don't believe in ourselves? Our daughters? Sons? How can we enforce God, revolution, education( Especially with this crab in a barrel mentality) ?

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    No need to mention names and single anyone out.

3. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    This is America

And the American so called democracy means freedom of speech and skepticism of all politicians!!!!!!!!!!

If he was an economic leader,
    leading Black folks,
    instead of trying to lead a nation, that has a history of detriment to Africa and Africans,
    you mite find different responses!:em0200:

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    What are you babbling about?

My post was in reference to statements made against a brother who is a respected member of this site!

5. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    sorry brother

I meant to qoute his thread instead, my apologies

6. j'hiah

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    you do it all the time ... refutably, everyday and second you get a chance to post... i c u singling every one under the cybersun out :rolleyes:
    i didn't disrespect him... i disagree with his view and yours too if you share it.
    But it's with peace... all peace

you'll get to know me that way. :toasts:

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I don't know what you have been reading but very seldom will you find a thread where I mention anyone here by name.

That is why I said there is no reason to mention names.

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    One more thing...

As afar as me "singling out everyone under the cybersun" this is totally false.
    If you check many of the polls I have voted in it's evident that I share similar opinion with a majority of folks here. There are a few I have problems with but I have no need to single them out. Some have a tendency to bring more negative attention to themselves that what is projected.

Furthermore, I created a thread recently on a similar topic) entitled Crabs in a Barrel) and in that post I did not single anyone out or "name names", so in that I share a similar sentiment as you do, but a tactical and strategic difference in approach.

9. j'hiah

United States
    Ratings:
    +70

10. j'hiah

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    i missplaced the quotes above... here they are in proper form.

skepticism has more to do with how your mind is conditioned by American history and the white supremacy structure to feel and think negative about your own brother's God given, racially transcending prowess and less to with the first amendment, which is irrevelant to how negative you are at attacking and undermining your own brother.

you didn't read his book, did you? He was a community organizer.... helping to give jobs and structure to the black community during times when Nafta was taking them overseas. He specifically says he wanted to help benefit the black community. Don't be ignorant to note that then, and even now, Africa is some parts of her continent, are a lawless detriment to their women (rape), and castration of her men. And even in the prior past,,, selling many of her very own to European control and interests.
    l myself, and you may be a leader of our people without the title of "governor" or "mayor" or "president". Black folks don't need a black president to lead them, we need our men to lead their own homes.
    Min. Farrakhan gave us the grassroots " Without strong family, you don't have a strong community and w/o strong community, you don't have a strong nation " He even believes that Barack Obama would change the whole international outlook of things. I believe him.
    How do feel about Frederick Douglass, in 1872, becoming the first black nominee for Vice president of the U.S? He was all for his people.
    Do you know who John Menard was? He was the first black man elected to U.S congress in 1868 in Louisiana, defeating his white counterpart.
    He didn't compromise his blackness b/c he was leading a Louisiana congressional district. They were for the causes of their people. Edward Brooke, etc....
    You sound silly believing that leading this nation is a compromise or an automatic negligence of economically leading the black people of this nation, of whom he has clearly led in the streets of Chi and everywhere else.