Violaters / Violations : Council Members Must ... (Add Your Must Haves For Council Members)

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I think Council Members Must be respected by the majority here.

I believe it will be very difficult to get folk to honor your decisions, if they do not respect you. Folk may not always agree with you. They may not always like you ... but they gotta be able to respect you ... this is a must that problee has to be there ... but it's yall's to do ... and maybe respect isn't a big thing to yall ... and maybe the respect can be gained with the decisions made as a Council Member ... that's certainly possible ... i don't know ... but i think for this to actually work ... problems are resolved ... decisions honored ... then respect for the Council Members will be necessary ... i think.

I think Council Members Must be familiar with Our Higher Standards.

Everything we do here, including this effort, must be within the confines of Our Higher Standards. I am honored to even have this official effort being tried. It may not work this time, may take 2 or 3 or more times before we're able to pull it off, but i don't care ... i'm honored right now ... for we have to be at a certain place, a good place, to even consider such a thing. Thank You! But anyway ... yeah ... you gotta kinda know the rules because your decisions will have to consider them and act according to them.

Knowing the rules isn't real easy ... i suppose the easiest way to know if someone is qualified enough regarding them, for this council ... is to see which Members have never had to talk to me about a rule.That would be a good measure. Those who have never broke a rule, is another good measure. For to be in either of these places, means you understand our rules ... which are considerably different than anyone else's rules ... and we'll always be applying ours ... so ... knowing our rules (on a basic level) is a must. Another easy way to know if someone knows the rules, is if they are helping others know the rules, that's a real good sign too ... and you see it often, if you're looking. All of these examples can be found in the community discussions, because we do everything out in the open ... :)

Those are my only two ... Council Members Must ... right now.

You got any?

I say they are "my musts" ... but they don't gotta be a part of the end result ... yall get to do this how you want ... i just thot i'd share my ideas ... if'n you find 'em helpful ... :nails:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Council Members Must Demonstrate the Ability to Resolve Their Own Differences Positively

I don't see how someone who can't work out their own issues, interactions, etc., to positive ends ... will be able to do it for others. Evidence of one able to resolve their own differences positively, is the Member that is rarely in a disruption with another Member.

Just my thots ... yall can take 'em or leave 'em alone ... :nails:

Destee

And my candidacy was eliminated . . .. :)

As I understand it, we are waiting for skuderjaymes' input.

However, I would think regular elections, perhaps monthly, would make Council Membership all the more meaningful and up to date.

Naturally cliques may arise ergo rigging elections; or for instance, one can encourage multiple accounts strictly for elections which can be a problem too. Yet if nothing else, inactive Council Members will less likely be a problem if the Membership is constantly updated.

And my candidacy was eliminated . . .. :)

As I understand it, we are waiting for skuderjaymes' input.

However, I would think regular elections, perhaps monthly, would make Council Membership all the more meaningful and up to date.

Naturally cliques may arise ergo rigging elections; or for instance, one can encourage multiple accounts strictly for elections which can be a problem too. Yet if nothing else, inactive Council Members will less likely be a problem if the Membership is constantly updated.

These are just my thots ... you guys don't have to employ them ... there may be other ways to achieve the same, or even better ways, as you've described above ... considering more things ... i'm just throwing thots out here ... :)

As far as skuderjaymes is concerned, he's put a great idea on the table, but the success of it can't and won't depend on just him ... this is a collective effort ... and well ... the show must go on ... he'll probably be proud of our progress during his absence ... and just get right on in where he fits in ... it's all good in da hood ... :)

Also ... don't underestimate the respect Members here have for you ... :love:

We may have to come up with some voting process or something ... however we do it ... i have no doubt you'll be in the "Respected Members Group" ... no matter what.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDD ... for the record ...

I am so AGAINST CLIQUES ... it's official ... years old ... i aint that clique chick ... :uzi: ... :)

So don't worry about that ... this effort has to live up to the standards ... and yes ... maybe keeping the council rotating is the thing to do ... i don't know ... howsuneva yall wanna do it ... is fine with me.

Love You!

Destee

I believe it will be very difficult to get folk to honor your decisions, if they do not respect you. Folk may not always agree with you. They may not always like you ... but they gotta be able to respect you ... this is a must that problee has to be there ... but it's yall's to do ... and maybe respect isn't a big thing to yall ... and maybe the respect can be gained with the decisions made as a Council Member ... that's certainly possible ... i don't know ... but i think for this to actually work ... problems are resolved ... decisions honored ... then respect for the Council Members will be necessary ... i think.

I think Council Members Must be familiar with Our Higher Standards.

Everything we do here, including this effort, must be within the confines of Our Higher Standards. I am honored to even have this official effort being tried. It may not work this time, may take 2 or 3 or more times before we're able to pull it off, but i don't care ... i'm honored right now ... for we have to be at a certain place, a good place, to even consider such a thing. Thank You! But anyway ... yeah ... you gotta kinda know the rules because your decisions will have to consider them and act according to them.

Knowing the rules isn't real easy ... i suppose the easiest way to know if someone is qualified enough regarding them, for this council ... is to see which Members have never had to talk to me about a rule.That would be a good measure. Those who have never broke a rule, is another good measure. For to be in either of these places, means you understand our rules ... which are considerably different than anyone else's rules ... and we'll always be applying ours ... so ... knowing our rules (on a basic level) is a must. Another easy way to know if someone knows the rules, is if they are helping others know the rules, that's a real good sign too ... and you see it often, if you're looking. All of these examples can be found in the community discussions, because we do everything out in the open ... :)

Those are my only two ... Council Members Must ... right now.

You got any?

I say they are "my musts" ... but they don't gotta be a part of the end result ... yall get to do this how you want ... i just thot i'd share my ideas ... if'n you find 'em helpful ... :nails:

Love You!

Destee

I agree 100%. I feel that if we are fair, and consistent, and conduct ourselves correctly, that respect will come. I was reading over these standards in order to use them as our foundation. They are sound, rational, and fair, so there is no need to reinvent the wheel. I want to see the work, I agree with you when you said that this will expand who, and what we are. I love being second to none...:D

This is also a challenge for me, as i told Brutha Clyde, I have to change some of the ways I have that might not be favorable in the eyes of some. I'll use that debate with Rapchild as the perfect object lesson. Even though I had some legitimate gripes, what you were saying was true, and right. I should have thought back to how I was and had understanding. And thank you for the lesson sista..

I also agree that transparency is a must,...a big must. That way all will know who said what. IMO, nothing erodes cohesion faster that backtalk, backstabbin, and being two faced. Below are some of my thoughts, please comment to see if this is close to what may work. The sole purpose is to act as a proxy for you, minus the final say'so.

My image is a body of members, that will actively work together to rectify board issues, such as the one that we just went through. All in involved will have they say, and based on that we suggest a course of action, and consequences if the behavior continues. If it does, we will pass it along to sista Destee with our recommendation and why. then she will have the final say.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back