Violaters / Violations : Council Members Must ... (Add Your Must Haves For Council Members)

I agree 100%. I feel that if we are fair, and consistent, and conduct ourselves correctly, that respect will come. I was reading over these standards in order to use them as our foundation. They are sound, rational, and fair, so there is no need to reinvent the wheel. I want to see the work, I agree with you when you said that this will expand who, and what we are. I love being second to none...:D

This is also a challenge for me, as i told Brutha Clyde, I have to change some of the ways I have that might not be favorable in the eyes of some. I'll use that debate with Rapchild as the perfect object lesson. Even though I had some legitimate gripes, what you were saying was true, and right. I should have thought back to how I was and had understanding. And thank you for the lesson sista..

I also agree that transparency is a must,...a big must. That way all will know who said what. IMO, nothing erodes cohesion faster that backtalk, backstabbin, and being two faced. Below are some of my thoughts, please comment to see if this is close to what may work. The sole purpose is to act as a proxy for you, minus the final say'so.

Thank You Brother Enki !!!! ... I Love It All !!! ... Very Thoughtful !!!!

I'm not really in the decision making process of this, so it's more about what others think, so you all can come to a consensus ... and the chances are great that i'll have no problem with any of it! Thanks so much for the love!

:heart:

Destee

As far as skuderjaymes is concerned, he's put a great idea on the table, but the success of it can't and won't depend on just him ... this is a collective effort ... and well ... the show must go on ... he'll probably be proud of our progress during his absence ... and just get right on in where he fits in ... it's all good in da hood ... :)

I agree, though it's possible, possible that he's concocting something at the moment. And, well, if he's taking this long to concoct something, I don't mind waiting to see it. :)

Also ... don't underestimate the respect Members here have for you ... :love:

I don't underestimate it--I overestimate it. :p

We may have to come up with some voting process or something ... however we do it ... i have no doubt you'll be in the "Respected Members Group" ... no matter what.

That's a great vote of confidence. :)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDD ... for the record ...

I am so AGAINST CLIQUES ... it's official ... years old ... i aint that clique chick ... :uzi: ... :)

I must admit that cliques are very easy. It's said that people need images. I think that in the midst of discussions, people give off an image of themselves that, for what it's worth, we need as Africans. For instance, an African like myself may think Destee's impartiality or NNQueen's calmness are great aspects of African Womanhood and Clyde Coger's resolve for our people or Perfection's praise of womankind are great aspects of African mankind; but another African may disagree or even see something different. So naturally, those who see good images of some people and not so good images of others, also make images of themselves and sometimes, especially in this diversity, what appears to be "cliques" forms.

I don't like cliques either. Though the diversity, to me, just brings it out.

Edit: Especially as the most overlooked violation, from my perspective, is personalizing the discussion. And sometimes seeing a Man or Woman's image attacked, those who like their image may speak up in their defense--or some other 'cliquish' behavior. Though I would hope this isn't an ironic violation . . ..

So don't worry about that ... this effort has to live up to the standards ... and yes ... maybe keeping the council rotating is the thing to do ... i don't know ... howsuneva yall wanna do it ... is fine with me.

Love You!

Destee

We'll see. In a sense we are waiting for a member; but that wait may be productive yet. :)

I agree, though it's possible, possible that he's concocting something at the moment. And, well, if he's taking this long to concoct something, I don't mind waiting to see it. :)

I don't underestimate it--I overestimate it. :p

That's a great vote of confidence. :)

I must admit that cliques are very easy. It's said that people need images. I think that in the midst of discussions, people give off an image of themselves that, for what it's worth, we need as Africans. For instance, an African like myself may think Destee's impartiality or NNQueen's calmness are great aspects of African Womanhood and Clyde Coger's resolve for our people or Perfection's praise of womankind are great aspects of African mankind; but another African may disagree or even see something different. So naturally, those who see good images of some people and not so good images of others, also make images of themselves and sometimes, especially in this diversity, what appears to be "cliques" forms.

I don't like cliques either. Though the diversity, to me, just brings it out.

We'll see. In a sense we are waiting for a member; but that wait may be productive yet. :)

I think there's room for it all ... us moving forward now, without Brother Skuder, and incorporating any great ideas he may bring upon his return ... yep ... there's room and time for it all. This will absolutely have to be a work in progress, continually evolving, for we'll be learning as we go. What we think might work at the outset, may be proven ineffective, requiring a change ... that's probably how it's gonna work ... leaving room for ideas to be welcome at every juncture of the process.

In addition ... no matter what one may conjure up on their own, the collective must still have a say on if it is actually implemented or not ... so ... whether he's here now or later sharing with us ... it'll all be good in the hood.

I disagree with you on the clique stuff ... we've always been diverse and i think we've successfully avoided sanctioned cliques here at destee ... sure a Member may like another Member, they may form a pact, or email away from the site, or talk on the phone amongst themselves with a few others ... i don't consider that a clique ... but ... i hear you .... and i'd attend that debate, front and center, if someone wanted to claim that this community is full of cliques ... that actually influences outcomes. I don't believe it.

We're blessed beyond compare! :yaay:

Love You!

Destee

Asomfwaa ... plus ... as far as Brother skuderjaymes goes ... we really can't wait for one person, before any of us get to work ... that's not leadership ... and we're talking about building a leadership team ... so ... waiting on him, before we attempt to make any substantive progress would probably be disappointing to him and the effort.

You can't wait on someone else, when you want to see / get something done ... i don't think.

A collective effort is just that, not dependent on one, and i think that's what he meant this to be.

Love You!

Destee

Asomfwaa ... plus ... as far as Brother skuderjaymes goes ... we really can't wait for one person, before any of us get to work ... that's not leadership ... and we're talking about building a leadership team ... so ... waiting on him, before we attempt to make any substantive progress would probably be disappointing to him and the effort.

You can't wait on someone else, when you want to see / get something done ... i don't think.

A collective effort is just that, not dependent on one, and i think that's what he meant this to be.

Love You!

Destee

Well, it wasn't my idea. I was just following leadership. As we say in Malawi, “He who thinks he is leading and has no one following him is only taking a walk.”

Enki and I were discussing some sort of format, I can reformat it and bring it up again (at a better hour):

http://www.destee.com/index.php?thr...stice-system-council.76873/page-6#post-813615

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back