Black People : Could Year-round School solve Chicago's Crime problem?

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
Check this out:

20zu43b.png

source : http://crime.chicagotribune.com/

If you go to the live source.. you can see that these spikes in crime all occur in July.. during summer vacation. I've heard the theories that say it's because it's hot.. but I'm wondering if it's just because folks are idle.

I attended summer-school every single year from 7th-grade through 11th grade.. it kept me busy, gave me an advantage in school and if you add it up.. I got 10 months more education than the kids that did not go to summer school. I know it's a logistic challenge to run the schools all year round.. but why not? The kids that need the extra education the most are the same kids at risk for becoming involved with the violence in the streets. 3 more months of school would also equal more jobs.

Of course the self-interested-Teacher's unions would probably have a fit though.

But.. if, as Khasm13 says, education is the answer, the question then becomes:

What role does the present organization of the education system in Chicago play in the ongoing violence on the streets of Chicago?

just noticed also.. that violent crime is at it's lowest in February.. presumably because of either black history month (ha ha..) or the extreme cold.. leading me to the question: would a new ice-age solve Chicago's violence problem?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back