Black People : Could They Have Been Genetically Altered?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Jan 29, 2007.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Fambly,I

bought some tangerines from Krogers Sypermarket. They were kinda old when I bought them but not totally decrepit and to all appearance they look and feel like tangerines--loose skin and all. But they cannot be swallowed. All I can do is chew the juice out of them. Then I have the flesh in my mouth but it is not of a consistancy conducive to the process of swallowing. But at that point I don't want to chew them anymore because all the taste is gone. So I spit them out like old gum.

Now it's been a while since I had a tangerine so is this normal or does it sound fishy to you?

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    It sounds fishy to me sis. I've been noticing changes in alot of foods also. So much to the point I just thought my taste buds was changing. But being its so many things, foods are definately suspect for tampering. If my neighborhood wasn't so full of cats and dogs roaming around, I would grow my own veggies. Just the thought of 'em peeing and pooping near my stuff, is mind boggling. And don't even mention the squirrels, raccoons and skunks.:?: I can see me now, fighting with a raccoon for my food.

3. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    Think about it sister. Where do those tangerines come from? Is it tangerine season? **** near every fruit and veggie in texas is frozen so they come from elsewhere. But where and how are they grown?

4. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Hmm, Sister River that does seem fishy. That's why I go organic whenever I can afford to. I don't want to triple my grocery bill, so I eat healthier all around; lots of veggies:spinstar:

Peace

5. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    Organic! Organic! Organic!

I've been eating mostly organic fruits and vegetables over the past several years. Big difference in quality and my health.

It's not cheap to eat organic but it's worth the overall benefits.

Be careful of false organic claims. Some who claim their prouducts are organic truly aren't. Wal Mart just got busted (figures) for misleading organic claims on some of their products.

If you have a Trader Joe's, Farmers Market or any retailer who specializes in organic foods in your area try to check them out.

Btw, just read a story where the government claims there's no evidence of cloned animal products being harmful for human consumption. :censored: If there is no other reason to be a vegetarian I don't know what is. These mad scientist aren't concerned about our health. It's all about greed greed and more greed!

Source:http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/31/health/main581135.shtml

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Call me crazy Family, but-

The campus of the college I attend is on the North side. I travel about 30-45 minutes South to do my shopping in the wealthier neighborhoods (small wonder why wealthier neighborhoods have all the healthy stores). Why is that? I'll save the answer for another time.

Let me be brief...

I shop at either of 1 of 6 stores when Grocery Shopping:

---> Native Sun Natural Foods
    ---> Regency Health Food Store
    ---> The Fresh Market
    ---> The Earth Market
    ---> The World Market
    ---> The Farmer's Market

(I take that back - the Farmer's Market is around the corner from me)

All of these places sell fresh, wholesome foods. As far as Organic being expensive? I think it depends on the product. For instance, I find Organic Raisins at the Regency Health Food Store in a 6-pack for $1.79, whereas Wal-Mart sells non-Organic Raisins in 6-packs for $1.12. Now that is good, compared to [Organic] Rice Cakes at $3.57, compared to non-Organic in traditional Grocery Stores at $1.99.

Yes, very True, it is worth the benefits. I myself have noticed a change in my mentality since I have been eating Healthier foods. Much of my day involves consumption of Cantalope, Pecans (which are VERY expensive, especially at The Fresh Market), Honeydew(s), Mango, Plums, and Grapes (even know rumor has it that they are dyed w/ pesticide).

Not that this will work for everyone, but there is an Afrikan Proverb that says:

"HEALTH IS BETTER [OR MORE IMPORTANT] THAN WEALTH!"

KD

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey sista Purple

Maybe you need to get you one of those rabbit proof fences:D

8. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
  9. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

This is why I asked WHERE are they from.

If they should be ripe in January then you know you got a hold of a bad crop.