Black History : Could Reparations Help Close the American Racial Divide?

White man ain't got nothing to fear from you.......
you too busy fighting your own Brothers.
Every brother ain't a brother! Least of all the unconscious ones who think that they are conscious, and are offended by questions that show their lack of consciousness!!! Smile

Initially, I didnt support reparations because of how they could be quantified as well as the fact throughout History peoplehave conquered each other so how do we decide who gets compensated.

The Historical chain of exploitation is endless.

However, after really understanding the nature of Slavery, I think its necessary.

Question is how do we go about determining whats owed?
Understanding the nature of slavery is a good start! I hope yours is an intellectual understanding based on research, and not an emotional one based on heresy!!!

No, any descendant of slaves having a net worth of 250,000 or more should not receive a pay out

Dream of reparations for slavery full of thorny problems

James S. Robbins
USA TODAY Opinion

Question is how do we go about determining whats owed?
Initially, I didnt support reparations because of how they could be quantified as well as the fact throughout History peoplehave conquered each other so how do we decide who gets compensated.

The Historical chain of exploitation is endless.

However, after really understanding the nature of Slavery, I think its necessary.

To determined what is owed, the calculation consists of the number of slaves (3,950,528), times a rate of pay or the value of 20 acres and a mule, times 400 yrs, which equals roughly 900 billion dollars...

Of course all numbers above are based on existing figures of or in 1865.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back