African American History Culture : Could Reparations Help Close the American Racial Divide?

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Some quick addition on the back of a napkin shows why it ain't gonna happen. What's the rough figures? The low I've heard is about 18 trillion $'s and the highs run somewhere over 30 trillion $'s and close in towards the 40's. So if we take something around a medium of 25 trillion owed.....That would mean between us and the American Indian we'd own this place lock stock and barrel.
America can't even begin to pay what it owes if it were to start repaying reparations.

Personally I think the idea of separate but equal is a perfectly fine idea as we made a pretty good go of it through the Jim Crow eras, ahem, that is when they wasn't burning us out when we became prosperous, perhaps this time around they'd let us live in peace and prosperity.
If they are so high on the idea of integration.....let them integrate to us.

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Some quick addition on the back of a napkin shows why it ain't gonna happen. What's the rough figures? The low I've heard is about 18 trillion $'s and the highs run somewhere over 30 trillion $'s and close in towards the 40's. So if we take something around a medium of 25 trillion owed.....That would mean between us and the American Indian we'd own this place lock stock and barrel.
America can't even begin to pay what it owes if it were to start repaying reparations.

Personally I think the idea of separate but equal is a perfectly fine idea as we made a pretty good go of it through the Jim Crow eras, ahem, that is when they wasn't burning us out when we became prosperous, perhaps this time around they'd let us live in peace and prosperity.
If they are so high on the idea of integration.....let them integrate to us.
You obviously don't understand the real world that we live in! I advise you to read the great separatist scholars like Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, John Henrik Clarke, Amos N. Wilson, Bobbie G. Wright, and Yosef Ben-Jochannon!!!You have a lot to learn!!!

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Reparations is a pipe dream that will never come to fruition in our lifetime if ever. Even if we had leadership with a backbone it would take the UN to convince our esteemed Executive Branch that since our existence in America was not voluntary and instead of cutting millions of checks for $1.37 just enact a non-revocable decree that all Black students graduating high school shall have the benefit of attending any State University system free of charge provided they pass the qualifying entrance exams and upon graduation they receive a 5 point qualifier (Like our military veterans) on any Federal, State or local civil service exam. That's just my take on this.
Btw, do you know that Ogun is the Afrikan God of War?! Why were you given that name?

Vhedza1

Jul 4, 2019
Initially, I didnt support reparations because of how they could be quantified as well as the fact throughout History peoplehave conquered each other so how do we decide who gets compensated.

The Historical chain of exploitation is endless.

However, after really understanding the nature of Slavery, I think its necessary.

Question is how do we go about determining whats owed?

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: