African American History Culture : Could Reparations Help Close the American Racial Divide?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Reparations is a pipe dream that will never come to fruition in our lifetime if ever. Even if we had leadership with a backbone it would take the UN to convince our esteemed Executive Branch that since our existence in America was not voluntary and instead of cutting millions of checks for $1.37 just enact a non-revocable decree that all Black students graduating high school shall have the benefit of attending any State University system free of charge provided they pass the qualifying entrance exams and upon graduation they receive a 5 point qualifier (Like our military veterans) on any Federal, State or local civil service exam. That's just my take on this.

No, it may happen. It just wont be as much as we think we deserve. Plus, it will let them off the hook

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
No, it may happen. It just wont be as much as we think we deserve. Plus, it will let them off the hook

Reparations a pipe dream? Obviously you are not a true believer! Consider this, Afrikans and Europeans have irreconcilable differences in this country, and separation in this country is the only intelligent, rational solution. Rather you believe it or not this country is headed towards war!!! Race war, class war, or civil war, call it what you want. It's coming. That racist, fascist in the white house is speeding up the process. Whites brought millions of assault style, rapid fire guns each time Obama got elected president! Connect the dots. Reparations will be a major issue, perhaps the issue, at the negotiations to stop the fighting. So will our SOVEREIGNTY!!! The right to govern ourselves. Apparently you are having difficulty envisioning an end to European domination and control over our people. What say you? Btw, a 'State University' education won't change anything for most of us. The current black leadership was educated in those universities, and now run interference for their masters!!!

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Some quick addition on the back of a napkin shows why it ain't gonna happen. What's the rough figures? The low I've heard is about 18 trillion $'s and the highs run somewhere over 30 trillion $'s and close in towards the 40's. So if we take something around a medium of 25 trillion owed.....That would mean between us and the American Indian we'd own this place lock stock and barrel.
America can't even begin to pay what it owes if it were to start repaying reparations.

Personally I think the idea of separate but equal is a perfectly fine idea as we made a pretty good go of it through the Jim Crow eras, ahem, that is when they wasn't burning us out when we became prosperous, perhaps this time around they'd let us live in peace and prosperity.
If they are so high on the idea of integration.....let them integrate to us.

sekou kasimu

PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Some quick addition on the back of a napkin shows why it ain't gonna happen. What's the rough figures? The low I've heard is about 18 trillion $'s and the highs run somewhere over 30 trillion $'s and close in towards the 40's. So if we take something around a medium of 25 trillion owed.....That would mean between us and the American Indian we'd own this place lock stock and barrel.
America can't even begin to pay what it owes if it were to start repaying reparations.

Personally I think the idea of separate but equal is a perfectly fine idea as we made a pretty good go of it through the Jim Crow eras, ahem, that is when they wasn't burning us out when we became prosperous, perhaps this time around they'd let us live in peace and prosperity.
If they are so high on the idea of integration.....let them integrate to us.
You obviously don't understand the real world that we live in! I advise you to read the great separatist scholars like Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, John Henrik Clarke, Amos N. Wilson, Bobbie G. Wright, and Yosef Ben-Jochannon!!!You have a lot to learn!!!

sekou kasimu

PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Reparations is a pipe dream that will never come to fruition in our lifetime if ever. Even if we had leadership with a backbone it would take the UN to convince our esteemed Executive Branch that since our existence in America was not voluntary and instead of cutting millions of checks for $1.37 just enact a non-revocable decree that all Black students graduating high school shall have the benefit of attending any State University system free of charge provided they pass the qualifying entrance exams and upon graduation they receive a 5 point qualifier (Like our military veterans) on any Federal, State or local civil service exam. That's just my take on this.
Btw, do you know that Ogun is the Afrikan God of War?! Why were you given that name?

Vhedza1

Jul 4, 2019
Initially, I didnt support reparations because of how they could be quantified as well as the fact throughout History peoplehave conquered each other so how do we decide who gets compensated.

The Historical chain of exploitation is endless.

However, after really understanding the nature of Slavery, I think its necessary.

Question is how do we go about determining whats owed?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.