Black People : COULD BLACKS EVER STOP KILLING EACH OTHER?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by DA BROTHER LOVE, Jul 12, 2006.

1. DA BROTHER LOVE

DA BROTHER LOVE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    During my younger years with my father we really never got along, but now that I am older and have put things aside, me and him talk about different things from time to time... I was having a conversation with my father last week, about Africans and how they are always at war with each other.... and he brought up a good point...

Basically he was saying how some races are blessed with certain resources... Like the Arabs have the oil, that makes them rich....

We have the biggest source of diamonds in the world... Africa as a continent, could possibly be the biggest power in the world with the money that comes from that resource... The potential for money would be astounding... and could quite possibly end all hunger.... Just think if Africa developed a network that created a way for every country in the continent to prosper we would be unstoppable... but because of our lack of unity, we have been easily divided and conquer by the Europeans.

That then got me to thinking about all the tribal wars that have been going on between us since the beginnings of time... and how we used to trade and sell our own people... Then I take a look at how we are killing each other and pimping our women here in the US literally everyday... Especially here in DC, brothers get killed like its nothing.... its seems like not much have changed... Like are we natural killers or something? Could it be that it is in our programming to be violent toward each other?

Thinking about it makes me sad for us for real... its like we have been this way since the beginning of time... and it possibly may never change...

I like to think of myself as a person who stays open to all possibilities... Im wondering does anybody feel differently?

Do you think its possible that blacks could ever find better ways to solve their problems with each other? Could we ever be a peaceful people?

2. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    The only way we will ever change that pattern is if we finally wake up and realize who the culprits are. Black people have unfortunately adopted a criminal is fine culture. Black people have accepted loser prison inmates and criminals as equal (or greater) to the hard working law abiding black people in america. What reason does a black man have to live on the straight and narrow and not victimize anyone if the only reward he has is that he is viewed as lesser than a violent drug dealer by other people in his race that destroys the community? Black people view violence in a very casual way unfortunately, "***** got shot" so what? The rap industry is our biggest problem and we really need to check that world, but we won't because it's more important to black people to have great violent "kill a *****" lyrics and a bumpin beat then it is to rid ourselve of anything that is harmful to us. I remember going to the fireworks show in Detroit on july 4th. It was crowded, quite packed. You could not move through the crowd without some contact with someone. I bumped into a black boy (boy because he acted like one)accidently, not even hard I might add. He turned and pushed me and said "don't bump into me *****" I ignored the dummy and kept walking. If I were someone like him with a gun he'd probably be dead right now because he "disrespected" me. Black people need to wake up and realize that in order to get things right, we need to accept that some black people are useless to us as a group, period. We need to learn that we have to respect and love other black people and stop looking to other non-black races to love us. Do I believe the violence will change? Probably not. Black people have to admit that there is a "crime is ok as long as it's profitable" culture that exists among us, then we have to destroy that culture.

"BIG"

3. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    could blacks ever...

not in this lifetime,the self hatred is like a aphodesiac that we can't seem to shake free from so for many more years we're gonna be killin each other over nothing.

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    turn the question around and ask if this is what "i" believe.

"crime is ok as long as it is profitable" is the mantra of them quasi-human white people that has been forced down the throat of the entire planet. this ain't something that "we" have any sort of monopoly on.

continuing to ask this question, when "i know better", is what keeps this "perception" alive. ok, true; there is more than a "perception" of that "yellow taping" - but it is the perception that chasing the "big bucks" and the "bling bling" is the "way of life" that keeps it rolling.

lots of "interesting" posts up this morning. if there were energy directed at dissecting why/how this stuff happens, and getting a move on toward addressing/discussing/brainstorming ways out of the mess (instead of continuously reporting that which we have been seeing/living for hundreds of years), we might could get out of this stuff.

<sigh> guess i'm as pessimistic as oldiesman: "not in this lifetime". total shame, that ...

5. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31

6. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Let's look at who is commiting the violence in black on black crimes. Go to the prisons and talk to the convicts. They are mostly unloved (a form of violence), uneducated (a form of violence), unemployed (a form of violence) and unwanted (a form of violence). Basically we are talking about people who are underdeveloped and definitely unsocialized. That is why they do what they do, because that is what they are. It doesn't matter who brings in the dope and the guns, they will find a way to express their anger regardless. We now have a sixty percent dropout rate amoung black males, eighty percent of them will end up in jail eventually. We already know about fatherless children and teenaged mothers. These kids are angry because we have failed them, and a white, brown or yellow kid would act the same way under the same circumstances. It is not in our blood anymore than it is in anyone elses. If it were, wouldn't we have made slavery and Jim Crow impossible? The rest of the world is rather appalling also, but we need to start kicking some butt about these kids growing up under the circumstances mentioned above.

7. conflict

conflict Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    It all starts with us, The men in the black community. I am tired of white people being blamed for our problems. Yeah you could make an argument about their involvement in our mental conditioning but real men dont point fingers. Over in Africa it's a different story. The diamond industry is controlled by europeans. There is no way we can ever profit from that natural resource though it is a wonderful thought.
    I believe there will be a time when Black people will prosper in america. I see a lot of men trying to step up and be responsible fathers. Theat is the only way the killing will stop.
    We need to go back to the days when if your neighbor saw your child acting up he/she would smack the child on the butt then send the child home to you for the real punishment. Now days you cant even raise your voice to tell someones child to get out of the street when a car is coming without the parent taking offense. That is when the killing will stop when the community starts caring about eachother again. START SNITCHING!!!

8. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    :bullseye: , any ideas on how to do so?

9. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    Are we just programmed (natural) to be combative?

10. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21

Fool mode...

These conversation is NOT what black people especially young impressionable folks should be engaging.

This simply reduces us. It even SADDENS some of our YOUNG people who NEED ENCOURAGEMENT.

What I highlighted is important. Oil was in the Middle East for ages. Those Arabs were not rich before a CERTAIN GROUP A MINORITY of MINORITY (ELITE GLOBAL) bestowed and invited (selected) them to BECOME rich. They allowed ARAB to make PURCHASES in a MARKET DOMINATED by THEM.

We must stop COMPARING AFRICAN STRUGGLES with OTHERS.

It is NOT the SAME.

I already POSTED how these same ELITE and their MEN of DESTRUCTION remove US from land within the UNITED STATES here with help from ALL LEVELS of GOVERNMENT and BUSINESS.

Stop THINKING every TRIBE in Africa is AT WAR. It's silly at BEST. There were skirmishes in different locales at DIFFERENT TIMES for DIFFERENT REASONS but not WAR on a continental scale like WORLD WARS that happen on EUROPE from ICELAND to RUSSIA.

We have to change our thinking and STOP COMPARING.

If you do this you will see us in A BETTER LIGHT.

Finished...