Honoring Black Ancestors : Could All These Hurricanes Be The Breath of Our Ancestors?

When I heard about all the hurricanes, I thought about your piece Brother 7thPoet. An when NY get a real taste of the affects of a hurricane I won't be afraid. Even if my life is lost in the process. We are in the last days and nothing surprizes me any more as for as nature is concern.

This is nothing compared to whats instored to come.

I have to say it really is worth listening to because the path these Hurricanes
taking and which many are started from is a sign and like Pan said what's yet
to come beware of what many feel is a myth just maybe a reality something
to follow now as i watch them closer .

I can't say that I believe this to be true but it certainly makes you stop and think twice about the possibility. I certainly do understand why African people would think this way though. Regardless of whether it's true or not, I really enjoyed reading the poem. Very talented artist.

Queenie :spinstar:

MANASIAC said:
I understand the African Myths about hurricanes being curses and etc. I just do not believe in any of that stuff, thats all.

I must say that I respect your position here. I'm a very practical person myself. I don't believe in myths and mumbo jumbo. Which makes me have to explain how peculiar this is for me.

I had never thought of the possibility of anything like this before. As a writer I always try to be as pragmatic as possible because I want to be perceived as credible. I've written literally hundreds of poems, essays and two books to date. I have always had to craft, shape, mold and sculpt my poetry. It usually takes me days, sometimes weeks or months to complete a poem. But this "Breath of My Ancestors" was different.

A brother sent me an email with the suggestion that these hurricanes might be more than just weather phenomenon. It peaked my interest to the point where I researched and verified the specifics. After I found that all these things were true. I was absolutely flabbergasted! I could not get the idea out of my mind.

The next morning I woke up at 5:AM and the poem came out of me word for word as if I was possessed. I have not changed a syllable.

It was the weirdest experience that I can ever recall. I guess the whole point I want to impress upon you here is that of all the poems I've ever written, this is the only one that was "channeled." Yes, I said channeled cause that's the only explanation I have. I did not consciously write this piece. It just came through me.

Again, I'm not a nut...but that is just how it happened.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back