Black People : Could 2010 be year of Black Republicans?

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Could 2010 be the year of the black Republican?

By Javier E. David

8:58 AM on 03/17/2010

It is a truism that the relationship between African-Americans and the modern-day Republican Party has been marked by hostility and contentiousness. This reality is often difficult to reconcile with the GOP's historical opposition to slavery and the Democrats' often whitewashed track record on race relations. Despite an impressive roster of prominent African-American Republicans, blacks and Republicans sometimes seem as compatible as oil and water.

But nearly two years removed from the election of President Barack Obama, a subtle but remarkable political revolution has been set in motion. A cadre of black political candidates is angling to assume its place in Washington - as registered Republicans. With some convincing, they may yet help re-orient the historically troubled dynamic between black voters and the Republican Party.

Read More

Could 2010 be the year of the black Republican?

By Javier E. David

8:58 AM on 03/17/2010

It is a truism that the relationship between African-Americans and the modern-day Republican Party has been marked by hostility and contentiousness. This reality is often difficult to reconcile with the GOP's historical opposition to slavery and the Democrats' often whitewashed track record on race relations. Despite an impressive roster of prominent African-American Republicans, blacks and Republicans sometimes seem as compatible as oil and water.

But nearly two years removed from the election of President Barack Obama, a subtle but remarkable political revolution has been set in motion. A cadre of black political candidates is angling to assume its place in Washington - as registered Republicans. With some convincing, they may yet help re-orient the historically troubled dynamic between black voters and the Republican Party.

Read More

Let's hope so.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your political leaning, MsInterpret?

Not at all Knowledge Seed....

I lean both to the left and the right LOL...

I was raised in a Black republican household...My mother has VERY strong republican views. So I lean more to the right, thanks to my mom's forceful Right-winged republican views.

When I was reading "I was raised in a Black republican household," 'black republican' jumped out at me like it was an oxymoron. lol

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back