Chief Elder Osiris : Cosby, You Can't Blame White People?

Chief Elder Osiris said:
My Beloved of course you should always speak your mind and no I am not up set because you see, I understand why you say the things that you do, even when you do not.

I remain firm on what I have said in this regard and I most certainly know the reason why I have said the thing I have in this regard.

I only ask that you really think about the things you have said and the reason you have said them as you have.

Much Love

My Dear Beloved Chief Elder Osiris,

Thank you for bringing the very elevated way you think and live to this community. You give me much to strive for.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

I'm half and half on this issue.

Although some of what Bill Cosby said last year was true about our black youth, I feel in many ways he's displaying hypocrisy at its best. He claims (almost verbatim) that black kids today use too much vulgarity, negatively depicts themselves in music and motion pictures, and their is a reduction in positive representations of black parenting in the inner-city. This to me, is a prime example of what happens when select blacks who used to be deprived growing up, allow money and power to navigate them and their castigating thoughts. Many may be too young to remember, but there was a time (far before the "Cosby Show" aired) when Bill Cosby himself had to accept bafoonish, less than desirable roles that had extremely negative connotations. To take it a step further, one might even add that in his youth, he was somewhat of a PIONEER in regards to young black actors accepting negative, fool-hardy television/movie roles.
Although we as African-Americans contribute to our demise in many ways, these attacks on poor blacks are completely unjustified, given the fact that Bill Cosby is intentionally withholding personal facts relative to their situations. Bill Cosby exemplifies what NOT to become when endowed with opulence and limited power.​
[/INDENT]

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back