Law Forum : Corrupt-Tulsa-Sheriff-Stanley-Glanz-indicted-resigns

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by jamesfrmphilly, Oct 1, 2015.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/...mmediately-to-avoid-termination?detail=email#

It was Sheriff Stanley Glanz who appointed his booster and friend, senior citizen Bob Bates, as a Deputy Sheriff. Bob Bates then shot and killed an unarmed father, Eric Harris, during a rather routine arrest.

On its face, the police murder of Eric Harris, a 44-year-old father in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was wrong. Surrounded by police, Harris had surrendered and was on the ground when Bob Bates, a deputy, claims to have accidentally shot him with a handgun instead of his Taser. For what he claimed was a mistake, Bates was charged with second-degree manslaughter.

“Bob Bates came on board because he had all this money,” one former reserve deputy said, adding that the sheriff and other higher-ups would “go on these cruises in the Bahamas and in Mexico all the time.”

“[Bates] foots the bill,” the deputy added. “The sheriff just gave him free rein because he was treating him right. He bought his way into this position.”

Another former full-time deputy said Bates was “getting glad-handed” around the office because of his wealth.

“This is your typical Southern good ol’ boys system,” he said, adding that before the shooting Bates planned to take Glanz on a fishing trip to Florida.

2. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,246
    Harris is saying, "He shot me. He shot me, man. Oh my God, I'm losing my breath."

Harris' face was slammed to the ground with a knee on his head from another officer, and what followed may be the most heinous words an officer, or anyone at all for that matter, could ever utter to a dying man:
    "F*** your breath."

The video can be viewed below the fold.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/...lice-officer-tells-dying-man-****-Your-Breath

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :11100:kinda hard to have law and order when the law is out of order........