Black People : CORPORATE AMERICA

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Hiclass_female, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Hiclass_female

Hiclass_female Well-Known Member MEMBER

computer operator
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am 21 yrs old. I've been working in the Corporate American world since I was 19. They judged me before my first day of work. And I feel I had it bad every since. Im the youngest person in the entire office, the only female in my group and the only african american. Majority of the personnel is old, white, ex-military men. They are old enough to be my mom/dad and grandparents. I constantly get into "debates" with my supervisor, which is an older white lady. I've been told that she doesnt like the fact that I may know more than her. I've been 2nd guessed by the men here; sometimes they would ask me a question regarding work...then turn around and ask a male employee the same thing and get the same answer.
    I've been wrongly scolded in front of other co-workers, then they would wait til no ones' around and apologize.
    My question is how to deal with situations like this, when you are the youngest and looked upon like a child, the only female and only african american? ANY advice is greatly appreciated.

2. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Do your job; ten thousand times better than them.
    If you are berated in front of anyone; immediately write down what happed... your views, and when/if they apologize record exactly what is said, the time, etc...
    Or;
    wait, I have a question, What are you doing, or have done that gives them the impression that they can DISRESPECT YOU?

This is what I have to know, before I go on; because I work in the Corporate World too, and have worked blue-collar, unskilled labor too; and I know that when you do certain things, certain things happed... and it can be our own faults.

3. Hiclass_female

computer operator
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do my job. And sometimes we run into each other...working on the same thing...and no one knows it(thats once incedent). And my supervisor and I have been bickering just because somedays when she comes in she dont feel good and Im the first person she sees. And that has actually came out of her mouth. They dont need a reason or an impression to dissrespect anyone. They feel its there God-given right or something. And like I was telling you.....they are alot older than me. Some have been cool though. They let me know when I've done something wrong...(being that I am somewhat still kinda new here) And give praise when the job is done.

Thank you for your response.

4. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I definately agree that Whites and sometimes others think that they have the "Supreme Right" to humiliate, disrespect, use and abuse us."

I asked the question because I have seen so much. In many instances it is those of US who are sychophants and self-haters who really get it from them.

Not that there are instances when self-respecting Blacks don't, because WE surely do; and sometimes it is the sychophants and self-haters who join the fray to destroy US- because that is the only way for them to survive; but inevitably, as if GOD is truly watching... well, let's just say, TRUE COLORS APPEAR.

From what you have said, these people have problems; and I applaud your resilience to stand such as you say that you are-- especially being so young. When asked my opinion by younger women, or men, especially if they are just starting... I tell them to weigh their options... is the job worth your self-respect, can you hold on so that you can pay your rent or mortgage, do you have someone who can help you financially for a while, while you look for a new job; and sometimes when it is just rediculous I tell them to start looking for work earnestly, and leave....

If you stay, get your armor shined, pray, and work hard, and stay away from those people who abuse you--- and for GODsake; don't forget what they do to you... don't let them kick you in the *** today, and tomorrow you are doing lunch with them (as so many of US do)... they are not saying to themselves that you are a loving, forgiving person,... they are thinking that you are just another N- that they can do anything they want to, all they got to do is pat you on your head and smile at you--- after they kick your ***.

GoodLuck.

5. uzoka

uzoka Well-Known Member MEMBER

writer
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi-Class yes, do your job well, very well...be one step ahead of and watch your colleagues [some of whom may be enemies or not, that is for you to determine] closely, and as soon as have in your possession, the evidence, report them to the relevant authorities, let them learn they should not and cannot mess with you :nono:

For all their yap in the future, they will know not to try it on again, and you'll be able to go about your business in peace.

Peace

6. Hiclass_female

computer operator
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you happy69 and uzoka....you both were alot of help. Dealing with them is a job in itself everyday, but....Im doing my job and they cant ignore that. Thank you again.
    Stay blessed!

7. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    www.dol.gov/esa

http://www.dol.gov/esa/ofccp/

Has a fillable form. They are located in Washington D.C. I can say many companys doing business in the United States do government business and get's contracts. Even if they don't they are bound by the business associates, vendors and they must comply, so everybody dealing with them must comply also.

==================
    Individuals who are protected by the contract compliance programs may file a complaint if they believe they have been discriminated against by federal contractors or subcontractors. A complaint may also be filed by organizations or other individuals on behalf of the person or persons affected.

If a complaint filed under Executive Order 11246, as amended, involves discrimination against only one person, the OFCCP will normally refer it to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Such referrals are made under a Memorandum of Understanding between the two federal agencies.

Complaints that involve groups of people or indicate patterns of discrimination are generally investigated by the OFCCP. The program also investigates individual or group complaints filed under the disability and veterans laws.

Executive Order 11246, as amended, complaints must be filed within 180 days from the date of the alleged discrimination unless the time for filing is extended for good cause shown. Complaints alleging violations of Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of l973, as amended, and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended (38 U.S.C. 4212), must be filed within 300 days unless the time for filing is extended for good cause shown. Extensions require approval by OFCCP's Deputy Assistant Secretary.

Persons filing complaints should include a description of the discrimination involved and any other related information which would assist in an investigation of the complaint.
    ===================

You don't want to work for someone like this. look for other employment if you can find the same line of work. This is the same GAME they pulled on me when I was 22. They pulled it in Missouri, and I even had some fools pull it in Cali. But you know I learned, and burned them with thier processes. Since they were not follwing the law. I figured somebody had to.

These guys will swoop in like SWAT!.. Everybody in the plant will respect you then. They may even become better people. Right now they are showing you ritual techniques. Only pulled off in a crowd. They are cowards. [peopel like this are cowards. Thats why the apologize when they leave. To redeem their soul.. In case they are struck down that day. Only to SIN again in a fewe hours, and the next day.

It is based on Jealousy. Show them you have control. Take control of all situations. it is technique not easy to learn. One way is the silent approach. Don't say naything. Never debate.. cause they are feeling you out. Before the attack. Oh they don't want you there. IAll jobs are determined by being aN " AT WILL CONTRACT " They have the right to let you go, for and with reason. Just by saying there was imcompatiable differences. You argue back. Just continue to do your job, follow through on the complaint.. if you your ready to move on, and are able to support yourself. if the worst happen. They fire you. Then that is a suit for firing you for standing up for your rights. EEOC is a another commission they broke the law with. Look up on the board in the cafateria. Read the equal opportunity poster. Learn your rights. Are you being sexually harrassed..... THESE ARE SERIOUS CHARGES. A DIRTY JOKE CROSSES THE LINE. POSTERS HANGING AROUND IN VIEW. A CALENDER OF HIS FAVORITE GIRL, A BOOK LEFT LAYING AROUND ALL THE TIME.. OPEN UP ON THE POSSIBILITIES.

I NEVER WANT TO WORK FOR SOMEONE, THAT DO NOT WANT ME AROUND. IF YOU BREAK THE LAW AND SHOULD BE FOLLOWING IT. I BRING IT TO YOUR ATTENTION. IN A SHOCKING, INVESTIGATION KIND OF WAY. SO I MAY QUIT. I NEVER DO. I DID NOTHING. MY CRIME IS BEING BLACK. TOO YOU ARE IN THE AREA OF THE COUNTRY WHERE THEY WILL NEVER DO THE RIGHT THING....

BECOME AN ATTORNEY, AND CHANGE THE LAW. ONLY THEY CAN STAND BEFORE THE COURT. YOU KNOW WE GOTS NO REPRESENTATION.. THE COURT POLICE DON'T LIKE US EITHER.