Health and Wellness : Corona Virus: The Truth

asmith161718

Dec 31, 2009
faraday cages

Black people are being affected more than any other group with the coronavirus.

CORONAVIRUS DEATHS IN LOUISIANA ARE AFRICAN AMERICANS, DESPITE BEING 33 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION

I wonder if the shape of our nose is the reason why and not just because we have higher percentage of people with high blood pressure, diabetes etc..

I did a bit of research on the internet but so far I haven't been able to come across if ventilators that they used in hospitals are custom made for individual size and nose types or if they're just one size fits all. But I did came across articles about how african American/Black/African noses are shaped differently and in some aspects being more effiecient than white people.

"Because the nose acts as a filter to prevent penetra-tion of toxic particles and gases to the lower respiratory tract,the route of breathing, oral vs. nasal, may be an importantdeterminant of toxicant dose to the lungs.
dif- ference was greatest as exercise level increased. Whereas there was only a tendency for R nose to be less in the African-Americans compared with Caucasians (Table 1), there was a clear difference in the MIF nose , with African-Americans able to achieve 33% higher maximal nasal flows. This was true, despite their hav- ing significantly smaller vital capacities (Table 1) than Caucasians (18). Figure 4 shows that, after switching to oronasal breathing, most African-American subjects were maintaining higher levels of %nasal contribution than most of the Caucasians. ...
This difference islikely due to the African-Americans’ ability to achieve highermaximal inspiratory flows through their nose than the Cau-casians. Men also had a lesser nasal contribution to breath-ing during exercise compared with women. This is likely dueto greater minute ventilations at any given percentage ofmaximum workload in men vs. women.

Conclusion. Like others, we have shown that thecontribution of nasal breathing to V˙E diminishes withincreasing exercise effort. However, we have also foundthat nasal ventilation during exercise varies as a func-tion of both race and gender. African-Americans have agreater nasal contribution to breathing during exercisethan Caucasians. It may be that this interracial differ-ence is due to the former’s ability to achieve greatermaximal flow rates through their nose, although thisdependence requires further investigation. At relativeexercise efforts (i.e., as a %maximum work capacity),the women also had a greater nasal contribution tobreathing during exercise than men.

This gender dif-ference is explained by the fact that the womenachieved lower V˙E than men at a given percentage oftheir maximum work capacity. Because oral augmen-tation during exercise was shown to be a function of V˙E,the women did not need to augment their breathingorally until much later in their relative work effort.These racial and gender-related differences in route ofbreathing during exercise may be important for deter-mining relative risks of individuals to environmentalor occupational exposures of potentially toxic"

Maybe it's not because of the ventilators. Maybe it's because of the accumulation of particles within the African American nose and african Americans not going to the doctors like Whites to clear their nasal passages. The article also states that african American women are the least efficient with breathing through their noses. This article states that female african American noses are different from males. So I wonder what are the percentage of Black women that are dying with the coronavirus versus Black Men?

"The African American nose has been broadly classified as ethnic yet it differs significantly in morphology from that of other ethnic groups with which it is categorized. The objectives of this study were to (1) establish an objective protocol for analysis of the African American female nose using anthropometric measurements, and (2) determine whether subjective subcategorization schemes are a reliable replacement for anthropometry. African American women (n = 107) between the ages of 18 and 30 years consented to participate in this study. Photographs and 14 standard anthropometric measurements were taken of the face and nasal region, including nose length, nose width, special upper face height, intercanthal distance, mouth width, nasal bridge inclination, nasal tip protrusion, ala thickness, nasal root width, nasal bridge length, tangential length of ala, length of columella, nasofrontal angle, and nasolabial angle. Nasal indices including nose width-nose height index, nasal tip protrusion-nose height index, and nasal tip protrusion-nasal width index were calculated. In addition, photographic analysis was performed to evaluate nostril shape, nasal base shape, and nasal dorsal height. Proportional relationships and subcategorization schemes were evaluated. A new method of nasal analysis for the African American woman uses the proportional relationships of the anthropometric measurements. Proportional relationships included a columellar to lobule ratio of 1.5:1, a nasolabial angle of 86 degrees, and an alar width to intercanthal distance ratio of 5:4. The nasal dorsal height classification scheme was the most reliable for subjective analysis. The degree of variability found within this group of young African American women is illustrated by the following indices and their respective ranges: nose width-nose height index mean, 79.7 (range, 57 to 102); nasal tip protrusion-nose height index mean, 33.8 (range, 23 to 46); and nasal tip protrusion-nose width index mean, 42.8 (range, 32 to 61). The guidelines provided are a baseline from which to begin analysis and evaluation."

Analysis of the African American female nose.

Also would created custom fitted ventilators for African american noses with 3D printers make a difference?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
faraday cages

Black people are being affected more than any other group with the coronavirus.

CORONAVIRUS DEATHS IN LOUISIANA ARE AFRICAN AMERICANS, DESPITE BEING 33 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION

I wonder if the shape of our nose is the reason why and not just because we have higher percentage of people with high blood pressure, diabetes etc..

I did a bit of research on the internet but so far I haven't been able to come across if ventilators that they used in hospitals are custom made for individual size and nose types or if they're just one size fits all. But I did came across articles about how african American/Black/African noses are shaped differently and in some aspects being more effiecient than white people.

"Because the nose acts as a filter to prevent penetra-tion of toxic particles and gases to the lower respiratory tract,the route of breathing, oral vs. nasal, may be an importantdeterminant of toxicant dose to the lungs.
dif- ference was greatest as exercise level increased. Whereas there was only a tendency for R nose to be less in the African-Americans compared with Caucasians (Table 1), there was a clear difference in the MIF nose , with African-Americans able to achieve 33% higher maximal nasal flows. This was true, despite their hav- ing significantly smaller vital capacities (Table 1) than Caucasians (18). Figure 4 shows that, after switching to oronasal breathing, most African-American subjects were maintaining higher levels of %nasal contribution than most of the Caucasians. ...
This difference islikely due to the African-Americans’ ability to achieve highermaximal inspiratory flows through their nose than the Cau-casians. Men also had a lesser nasal contribution to breath-ing during exercise compared with women. This is likely dueto greater minute ventilations at any given percentage ofmaximum workload in men vs. women.

Conclusion. Like others, we have shown that thecontribution of nasal breathing to V˙E diminishes withincreasing exercise effort. However, we have also foundthat nasal ventilation during exercise varies as a func-tion of both race and gender. African-Americans have agreater nasal contribution to breathing during exercisethan Caucasians. It may be that this interracial differ-ence is due to the former’s ability to achieve greatermaximal flow rates through their nose, although thisdependence requires further investigation. At relativeexercise efforts (i.e., as a %maximum work capacity),the women also had a greater nasal contribution tobreathing during exercise than men.

This gender dif-ference is explained by the fact that the womenachieved lower V˙E than men at a given percentage oftheir maximum work capacity. Because oral augmen-tation during exercise was shown to be a function of V˙E,the women did not need to augment their breathingorally until much later in their relative work effort.These racial and gender-related differences in route ofbreathing during exercise may be important for deter-mining relative risks of individuals to environmentalor occupational exposures of potentially toxic"

Maybe it's not because of the ventilators. Maybe it's because of the accumulation of particles within the African American nose and african Americans not going to the doctors like Whites to clear their nasal passages. The article also states that african American women are the least efficient with breathing through their noses. This article states that female african American noses are different from males. So I wonder what are the percentage of Black women that are dying with the coronavirus versus Black Men?

"The African American nose has been broadly classified as ethnic yet it differs significantly in morphology from that of other ethnic groups with which it is categorized. The objectives of this study were to (1) establish an objective protocol for analysis of the African American female nose using anthropometric measurements, and (2) determine whether subjective subcategorization schemes are a reliable replacement for anthropometry. African American women (n = 107) between the ages of 18 and 30 years consented to participate in this study. Photographs and 14 standard anthropometric measurements were taken of the face and nasal region, including nose length, nose width, special upper face height, intercanthal distance, mouth width, nasal bridge inclination, nasal tip protrusion, ala thickness, nasal root width, nasal bridge length, tangential length of ala, length of columella, nasofrontal angle, and nasolabial angle. Nasal indices including nose width-nose height index, nasal tip protrusion-nose height index, and nasal tip protrusion-nasal width index were calculated. In addition, photographic analysis was performed to evaluate nostril shape, nasal base shape, and nasal dorsal height. Proportional relationships and subcategorization schemes were evaluated. A new method of nasal analysis for the African American woman uses the proportional relationships of the anthropometric measurements. Proportional relationships included a columellar to lobule ratio of 1.5:1, a nasolabial angle of 86 degrees, and an alar width to intercanthal distance ratio of 5:4. The nasal dorsal height classification scheme was the most reliable for subjective analysis. The degree of variability found within this group of young African American women is illustrated by the following indices and their respective ranges: nose width-nose height index mean, 79.7 (range, 57 to 102); nasal tip protrusion-nose height index mean, 33.8 (range, 23 to 46); and nasal tip protrusion-nose width index mean, 42.8 (range, 32 to 61). The guidelines provided are a baseline from which to begin analysis and evaluation."

Analysis of the African American female nose.

Also would created custom fitted ventilators for African american noses with 3D printers make a difference?

That is strait ahead Scientific Racism.

And what does a Faraday Cage have to do with any of the clap trap scientific racism you saw fit to post afterwards?

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: