Black Short Stories : CORNER STORE (Deli 2)

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by $$RICH$$, Feb 16, 2009.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    It wasn't long after before i was notice to be the runner or mover , I yet to taste the ham and cheese.
    Only the turkey like a nickle and dime to the candyman , I wanted to be the butcher boy who cut the
    prime meat slice and dice it , mostly everyone comes to the store from the hood ! But the package was so small Josh and Capri ran the store basicly; so here i am as one of the pack
    even though i had not much money and my shoes run over some i still took my job proudly.

Not aware how shameful i should be, i grew into a value of worthy hood and was given a title as the
    smack man , not sure what it all mean at 17 i just wanted the fine art and bread even some sandwich spread
    to go on my meat, a soda and some candy to bring out the taste, but at what price i had to pay.
    In too deep! they say: but it was the greatest day watching the candyman cast his lure into the deep blue
    only to catch the baby long shark which brought in a royality of grands by the loads packages was moving in and out the deli.
    I was no longer the boy up the street with a fifty cent but a man of mega!
    after a two year venture , I wanted inside a more role to feed my family back home with two little brothers a sister
    and a mom who been struggling to pay rent month after month.
    How foolish of me as my baby bruh called me kingpin hearing it from folkz around town.
    Capri was ready to bandish his place and with Josh now into hiding like underground, he (candyman) called upon me to take the helm of the store i finally made it inside to the top
    and within two days i was striped to nothing, caged in a box facing 10 for my sin what a price to pay
    The meat had spoiled and all i could do is wonder if the store was closed.
    Who turn on me like a theif in the night . Here i am alone at 19 with a number
    and class x on my back
    my wealth can only last a short time and all i hear is Mom cry and taste the tears of her sadness
    what about the children !

I am sure my stay will be short and i'll be back on the bricks to help my mom over come her pain, my shame had
    put me to rest and now i'm learning facts
    of reality of street life and the myth of the corner store , it's owner as BOSS (Candyman) and the Josh / Capri notion
    only my statement could set me free
    but do i dare speak a word for not my life in danger but my family , what hell did i walk into and how will i become
    whole again at the gender of my shame and sins. Paying the price a tag too high for me
    leaves me confused and unsure to extreme measures ahead do i dare say a word !?
    can i be gotten to inside these walls of hell, or will i just take a bite of bad food and just be sick to my guts
    double crossing can cost a life .

2. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    Sir Richness...

You have me hooked. I need to know what’s up with the Deli, that meat, the Candyman, Josh and Capri?:)

MaddSistahlyLove!
    Coco:heart:

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    yeah sis the breakdown is next in pt.3 coming soon ! thankz for the visit sis.