Black People : Cornel West responds to Michael Eric Dyson

People over look the fact that the election of Obama has made he haters, and fan a lot of money. Hating Obama became big business and they know it. Now like I said, wait until Yt get back into office, lets see how much access they get to the White House then.

Peace!
There are those who will take issue with obama for reasons
I and others do not: For merely being black. Don't align 'them'
with 'us'. See 'them' where they are, if you choose, but see
'us' where we are: policies and his two-faced diatribes on
social issues.

Interesting comparison.

Will have to look deeper into what connections West has with Walmart, from my understanding it is a civilian by the name of Tavis Smiley that has a show on PBS that funds it... show used to be decent to watch, but redundant and bland.

But to compare that to the "Leader of the Free World" that has the ability to go to war with another country, even you if you were to make sedition, kind of a reach to assimilate Tavis Smiley with pResident Barack Obama... don't you think?

West probably should have just left the "fan boys and girls" out of his comments when mentioning the pResident, but considering they were once parrot the same messages, West had no choice but to ask "Why the he... happened"?

True, many companies were started for anti-Obama and pro-Obama t-shirts and memorabilia... but not sure this is any different than other selections. Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan...

What did West do that Obama did?
What did I miss... drone strikes, faltering on claims made during his campaigns?

Trying to think of what West accused Obama of doing that West was doing as well.
If this goes back to the Walmart thing, what funding does West get from Walmart, because that would be an interesting revelation if it's not public.

The so called "Poverty Tour" that Tavis put together that really didn't do much but seemed to be a smear attempt, rather than an effective vehicle to create a network for philanthropists to come together and help.

Tavis is somewhat narcissistic, and West isn't that far behind, but I think he (West) tried to support Tavis in some of these ventures because he may consider them to be genuine efforts to crack the egg.

Should a Poverty Tour be Supported by Walmart?

When I checked, it was sponsored by AARP, Feeding America, NEA, Huffpost, but Walmart was not listed.
Walmart is a major sponsor for Tavis Smiley's show, and if he used that money to create a "tour" that was said to be in the mission statement this...

Smiley & West are going on a road trip to highlight the plight of the poor people of all races, colors, and creeds so they will not be forgotten, ignored, or rendered invisible during this difficult and dangerous time of economic deprivation and political cowardice.

Using a corporation's money that some think are part of the problem of poverty, in order to expose the poverty is interesting. Maybe if they would have did an expose on Big Businesses effect on the smaller community business... now that would have been a story, just to see how Walmart would have reacted.

Again, Walmart is a company, like Apple, JCPenny, Best Buy, Sears, Target, etc... so not really sure what we may be referring to in the comparison if this is the comparison.

Forgot what platform he ran on in 2008 and 2012

Oh, it was the okey doke about getting "OUR TROOPS" out of Iraq... Hip Hip, Hooray!
See, he was a man of his word.

Video Link:
Chicago Resident: Obama Will Go Down as Worst President Ever

What's the point of electing a "black pResident" then, because some who voted for him surely were all excited and crying with tears of joy like a family member just won the lottery and they just knew they were about to get a cut... otherwise, seems like fools gold and "black face" to me, which makes the denial of this even more sad to see.

Video Link:
Broke Party: Inner-City Blacks Abandoning Obama

Video Link:
African Americans worse off under Obama

Yea, "stupid black folks" (this is sarcasm; for the slow people reading this) thinking Obama is supposed to find ways to help them, he is too busy running the country to worry about that little petty stuff... need to take care of Libya, Syria, Iran... and have time for vacation.
Or perhaps he's too busy satisfying the "people" who 'selected" him to be president.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back