Black People Politics : Cornel West on Obama

yeah I listened to this entire blog yesterday on Bro. Chinelo's thread and what I got from Dr. Umar was that to not discount the uneducated brothers as being fit and able to be leaders. But at the same time he did not knock against education because in that blog he stated that he had 5 degrees, this would obviously place Dr. Umar in the bourgieous category and therefore, he is not kicking against education but that we need to not get tricked into not recognizing others of whom do not have the 'westernized formal education' of whom could be awesome leaders in our Black Awareness causes. So in that, I certainly don't knock against Cornell West because if he is combating some issues on a high governmental level and he is a minority in this fight, it will certainly help our cause, that's what I think.

**** This is a side note and certainly not intended towards you but I just want to reference this record because it is on this very same point:

Jesus set the very foundation of his movement, the Church system, on one of his friends and disciples, Peter, and the Bible clearly states that Peter was totally 'uneducated' and 'unlearned' from a formal basis. i think at one point he was even defined as being 'ignorant'[?], and the reason why Jesus chose him to continue this movement and head it up was because, Peter proved to be the most affective and rock solid as fa as carrying on the mission. And the other critical point in this regards is that he was chosen to lead because it was to prove that even though the Romans did much work to block the Original Hebrews from getting a formal education, it still did not stop the truth from getting out. The bourgieous Pharisees were shocked to find out that Jesus knew his letters because they knew they were the class that was created to block the original Jews from getting benefits 30 years prior. The bourgieous Pharisees were and extension from the Helenistic Movement and were the Romans created this class to block the original Hebrews but yet and still, some of the educated Hebrews were also selected from that bourgieous sector, like Matthew, of whom became vital in assisting Peter and supporting him and backing him up. Because eventually Peter had to learn some skills involving mastering script and scholarship in order to combat the deceptions of Big Government. Peter later learned to write as he authored two books. So it is importaint to understand how the government works to divide and conquer so that we don't play into those kinds of traps, in my opinion. This is why i would never knock any body like Cornell West who steps forward and speaks out in the way that he has done.

Im not knocking Dr. West, I respect the man I simply ask the question of what is his intent and agenda? Neither am I knocking education as I went to college too, but its what you do with the knowledge you've acquired that matters. I think that both Chancellor Williams and Carter G Woodson made valid points when they said that we should use this education to our advantage and advancement using it to point out the fallacies of white historical framework of African history. I agree with Woodson in his assessment of the negro who has been educated in the white fashion and folks need to be aware of this kind of negro simply put, not to dismiss or that he is not useful, but know exactly what his angle is and where he is coming from.

Im not knocking Dr. West, I respect the man I simply ask the question of what is his intent and agenda? Neither am I knocking education as I went to college too, but its what you do with the knowledge you've acquired that matters. I think that both Chancellor Williams and Carter G Woodson made valid points when they said that we should use this education to our advantage and advancement using it to point out the fallacies of white historical framework of African history. I agree with Woodson in his assessment of the negro who has been educated in the white fashion and folks need to be aware of this kind of negro simply put, not to dismiss or that he is not useful, but know exactly what his angle is and where he is coming from.
nd what do you think West's "angle" is? And where do you feel he is coming from?

I dont know who would consider those people a part of the Bourgeoisie, I certainly dont. When I speak of the Bourgeoisie I am talking about those who are part of the talented 10th who DO NOT share the goals and ideals of the common people. So the people youve listed certainly do not fall into that category. Yes they were educated and they used that education to fuel their own people, I would not call that bourgeoisie. I dont have to focus on it its already present .
I agree because certainly the folks mentioned do not posess a bourgeois class consciousness. As far as the two principals are concerned, for those who remember in 2008, Dr. West was critical of Obama's decision not to attend the Black State of the Union forum and it's been downhill since. Rather than a white divide and rule conspiracy this is a divide between two black men who have clearly choen different life paths. One believes race matters while the other is exploiting the myth of a post racial society.

As I stated he believes that race matters and his angle is to speak out and hold the us president accountable for his actions and this he and Tavis have been saying long before Obama was elected. At least he has been consistent through some of his own waffling on issues. West also has come out in support of the occupy movement doing teach ins targeting one of Obama's main financial benefactors Goldman Sachs.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back