Black People Politics : Cornel West on Obama

Uhm the man is an intellectual and as intellectuals in past Black history, that is what intellectuals do;
C L R James,
Leon Hansberry,
James Baldwin,
Maulana Ron Kaenga,
H Rap Brown,
Angela Davis ,
Chinue' Achebe,
Franz Fanon;(other then doing psychiatry),
Dr John Henrik Clarke,
Dr Francis Cress Welsing,
Dr Neely Fuller,
Dr Marimba Ani,
Sonia Sanchez,
Harry Belafonte
Dr Naiim Akbar

all of these folks had/have personal lives we may not agree with or follow ourselves but the intellectual analysis they present, in reference to the hell Black folks were/are catching at the time ;
that promotes folks to actual community,
political and economic action cannot be discounted.

i believe this too but will also say that depending on some personal issues in the lives of activist, it will eventually be tested along with the movements that they do represent and if they are true to their convictions, it will all work out for the best.

While I agree with Wests assesment of Obama...here the pot is calling the kettle black (see my avatar lol) For all his time spent in the Ivory towers of Princeton and Harvard and pushing his books, what has he ever done for the people, besides talk? Ask him why he has never taught at an HBCU and more over why he is married to a white woman? I would love to hear his response. I think he has great potential but where is it directed? What is he really motivated by?

Like the other sister, said, I am not against him for teaching at the Ivy League schools, but do hope that he does something for the HBCU's. i wonder too, what are his motivations. And I thank you so much for sharing the information about his wife because based upon his present stance on Black African American plight of which involves issues with regards to Black women and serious issues that face our existence and survival, many single Black women leading homes without husbands, not having fathers, and support from Black men in the position as husbands and bread winners, yeah, there are certain details we should know about black activist of whom are suppose to be fiighting for our causes. yeah! i got you on this one! Thanks.

well.. whats new? Many people have a problem with the President. The only reason this story is being played up is because they are both black.. and the Divide and conquer machine never misses an opportunity to sensationalize any disagreement between black folks.. WEB Dubois versus Booker T. Washington.. Spike Lee versus Tyler Perry... Obama versus Cornel West.. Biggie versus Tupac.. Ali verus Frazier.. Junebug versus Pookie.. where are the white equivalents of these conflicts? And why are they never played-up to the same degree..? please please.. recognize game where game is being played.. Cornel's views on Obama are not out of sync with the philosophies present in his books.. He is an excellent framer of issues.. Race Matters had a tremendous impact on the way I see and articulate these things that confront us.. And I would argue that Cornel has done more for us through his writing than Obama has done through his Presidency.. but I wouldn't want that unneccesary comparison to take away from the fact that both of these African men have done what they could do for black people.. neither has the power to undo what has been done to us through white racism and all its brutality, murder and oppression.. but both of them have operated within the channel they believed could do some good.. and while neither of them have my blind faith or agreement.. they both have my respect..

Great Response! ... :toast:

Every Black Man could find fault in every other Black Man ... it's not difficult to do, nor would one have to search long for evidence.

It's absolutely time for Black Men to stop doing this to each other ... killing each other ... in word or deed.

Black Men should be helping each other live, believing that each are doing the best they can for their circumstance.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

I agree with you all to a certain extent but you must realize that the people who have made the most impact, had the most to offer and were most effective are those who were uneducated and unpoisoned by white education. These brothers are smart and they have done well and they cant undo anything but at the same time there is a game being played through them, knowingly or unknowingly that really has no benefit to us. Theres no need to conquer and divide, they've already done that when they created the black bourgeoisie of which both of these men are part of. Listen to what Dr. Johnson says about the black bourgeoise.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back