Black Sports : Corey Spinks vs. Zab Judah!

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by panafrica, Feb 5, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Not to be lost in this superbowl weekend. Tonight undisputed welterweight champion Corey Spinks (the son of Leon Spinks) fights a rematch with former jr. welterweight champ Zab Judah. The 1st fight was razor close, with Spinks pulling out a controversial decision. The 2nd time around should be interesting. It will start at 9pm eastern standard time on Showtime. Check it out!

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    to me they both match up well i can call this one but will tune in for the out come
    thankz i do remember the first fight they had .

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Zab Judah upset Spinks in his hometown with a 9th round TKO! This was a very interesting matchup, and I don't know what to make up Spinks. He withstood Ricardo Mayorga's power, but couldn't stand up to Judah's? Zab is a hard puncher, but no where in Mayorga's league. Mayorga is wild though, whereas Judah is a boxer with fast hands. Maybe Spinks had a easier time avoiding Mayorga's wild swings, but couldn't avoid Judah's accurate left hands. Either way....Spinks is Undisputed Welterweight Champ no more!

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    [email protected], I missed it. Was it a good fight? I wanted to see it too. Are there any fights worth watching in the near future?

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Yes it was a good fight, and unfortunately Showtime doesn't do replays. As far as good fights in the future, Bernard Hopkins is going for the 20th defense of his middleweight title, but I will make a separate thread about that soon.