Police : COPS DEHUMANIZING BLACKS FOR FUN

Florida’s First Black State Attorney ‘Violated No Laws’ When Cops Pulled Her Over
Yet another instance of #DrivingWhileBlack

By Lilly Workneh

Florida’s first black elected state attorney, Aramis Ayala, was pulled over by police last month in a moment that was recorded on video, showing her visibly confused over the officer’s reasons for stopping her.
The video, which was recorded on the officer’s body camera on June 19, has been shared widely on social media, with users pointing to it as yet another example of racial bias in policing. It shows Ayala, who was returning from teaching a class at Florida A&M University College of Law, in her car and speaking to at least two cops ― who approached the vehicle from both sides.
“What agency are you with?” the officer nearest Ayala asks her as he reviews her license.
“I’m the state attorney” she responds.
“Thank you, your tag didn’t come back. Never seen that before,” the officer quickly responds, explaining that her tag did not come back registered to a vehicle.

later told CNN in a statement that the practice of running tags is completed “for official business only” and is “done routinely on patrol.”
“That’s how we figure out if cars are stolen and that sort of thing,” the officer tells Ayala. “Also the windows are really dark, I don’t have a tint measure, but that’s another reason for the stop.”
Ayala gives a quick smile before asking the officer for his business card. The officer says he doesn’t have any on him but opts to write his name on a piece of paper and leave without issuing her a citation. In a follow-up statement, Ayala said she did not break any laws and that she intends to meet with the city’s police chief in coming weeks to discuss their procedures around policing.
“To be clear, I violated no laws,” Ayala said in a statement,
according to CNN. “The license plate, while confidential, was and remains properly registered. The tint was in no way a violation of Florida law.”
“Although the traffic stop appears to be consistent with Florida law [my] goal is to have a constructive and mutually respectful relationship between law enforcement and the community,” she added. “I look forward to sitting down to have an open dialogue with the chief of Orlando Police Department regarding how this incident impacts that goal.”

Ex-police officer charged with murder for killing black teen in Texas 19 / 66

Lisa Maria Garza6 hrs ago

BBANCpT.img
© Leveres av

DALLAS — A former Dallas suburb policeman was indicted on Monday by a grand jury for murder for using a rifle to kill a black teenager in a car moving away from the officer, in a case fueling a national debate over possible racial bias in U.S. policing.
Roy Oliver, 37, a white officer who was fired by the Balch Springs Police Department for policy violations a few days after the shooting, was also charged with four counts of aggravated assault relating to the death of Jordan Edwards, 15, in late April, Dallas County prosecutors said.
The U.S. Department of Justice has opened an investigation into the shooting, which stoked simmering tensions over perceived racial bias in U.S. policing.
"It is important to let our community know that justice is proceeding effectively and thoroughly at the Dallas County District Attorney's office," Faith Johnson, the district attorney, told a news conference, adding that her department will prosecute the case vigorously.

Lawyers for Oliver and the Edwards family were not immediately available for comment. Oliver has not made a public statement about the shooting.
Oliver, along with another officer, had responded to reports of underage drinking at a house party in the predominantly black and Hispanic city of Balch Springs, about 15 miles (25 km) southeast of Dallas.
The arrest warrant for Oliver said he and another officer tried to stop a car at an intersection near the party. The other officer broke a passenger window with the butt of his gun. Oliver then shot multiple rounds into the sedan with a rifle, as it drove away from him, according to the warrant.

Two of Edwards' brothers were in the car with him and watched him die, a family lawyer said.
Police originally stated that the car with the teens was moving toward the officer at the time of the shooting, but said later that a police body camera showed the car was moving away from Oliver when he shot at it.
Edwards, who was described by family and friends as a standout high school student and athlete, was struck in the head by a bullet and died.
Edwards' father has sued Oliver and Balch Springs, alleging his son was the victim of excessive force.
In a separate case, Oliver was indicted in June on charges of threatening a woman with a firearm after a traffic accident on April 16, court documents showed.

Well, I think there should be a concern for cop shootings. I just wish Negroes were equally passionate about the ongoing black fratricide that is claiming the lives of thousands of black people ever year. More black people killed in Chicago in one year than all police killings combined last year. How do you defend such grisly facts?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back