Police : COPS DEHUMANIZING BLACKS FOR FUN

I still stand by my statement. The images as far as the badges are concerned does not sway me one way or the other. The term sergeant is of course also in the army. Just because it's on their sleeve does not add to their mentality. I am not condoning the actions of law enforcement I simply don't contribute it to being military. Just because they wear badge does not signify in my mind that they have a military/combative persona no more than a person wearing a huge cross around their neck is Christian. I can't make that leep.

Cop Fired, Charged With Murder Two Years After Shooting Unarmed Man Whose Hands Were Up

Geer’s father spoke about the indictment, stating, “Justice is prevailing. I figured it was going to eventually happen. It’s unfortunate we had to wait so long for it to take place. But our judicial system is going through its process, and we will see justice served.”
Geer’s death in August 2013 spurred protests as well as a broad department wide review of officer’s use of force and a reformatting of the way the department communicates with the public about shootings that involve police officers. The shooting was part of a string of officer involved shootings in the county in recent years.
The indictment was returned by a special grand jury in Fairfax County after they heard six days of testimony that included 20 witnesses. Torres did not testify on his own behalf. Following the indictment, Fairfax Commonwealth’s Attorney Raymond F. Morrogh requested a bench warrant, prompting Torres to turn himself in. He is being held at the county jail without bond.

Torres is expected to be arraigned in Circuit Court later this week, according to Morrogh. Morrogh declined a request to comment on the significance of Torres indictment being the first time an officer faced an indictment for an on-duty shooting, stating, “I’m not permitted to characterize the case under the rules governing me as a prosecutor. I’m grateful to the grand jury for their attention and taking time out of their personal lives to do this.”

Torres was one of several officers who responded to a domestic disturbance between Geer and his partner. Upon their arrival, Geer showed officers a holstered gun he had on him and placed it on the ground. A trained negotiator spoke with Geer as he refused to come out of the house. Geer directly asked Torres to lower his weapon multiple times, with Torres complying but then raising his weapon when Geer periodically requested to scratch his nose.
The negotiator notified officers that Geer “might do a suicide-by-cop type of situation.” At 3:34 pm, while negotiators were still speaking with Geer, Torres fired a single shot, to the surprise of other officers. Officers waiting 70 minutes before entering the house, where Geer was found dead just inside the front door. Torres claimed to have shot Geer because “he brought both his hands down really quick near his waist.”
Torres has been adamant about the shooting not being an accident, telling investigators, “It was not accidental. No, it was justified. I have no doubt about that at all. I don’t feel sorry for shooting the guy at all.”
Prior to being fired July 31 following an internal investigation and appeal process, Torres had been an officer for nine years. According to the Washington Post, indictments of police officers for on-duty shootings are extremely rare, with only 54 officers facing charges out thousands of shootings that have occurred in the last decade. Convictions are also difficult to obtain.

SOURCE

When I click the SOURCE you provided below:

SOURCE
http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/article_a0dc29d1-e990-5872-8142-5cf18e5b02fa.html

it goes to a different article.

Cop Fired, Charged With Murder Two Years After Shooting Unarmed Man Whose Hands Were Up

Geer’s father spoke about the indictment, stating, “Justice is prevailing. I figured it was going to eventually happen. It’s unfortunate we had to wait so long for it to take place. But our judicial system is going through its process, and we will see justice served.”
Geer’s death in August 2013 spurred protests as well as a broad department wide review of officer’s use of force and a reformatting of the way the department communicates with the public about shootings that involve police officers. The shooting was part of a string of officer involved shootings in the county in recent years.
The indictment was returned by a special grand jury in Fairfax County after they heard six days of testimony that included 20 witnesses. Torres did not testify on his own behalf. Following the indictment, Fairfax Commonwealth’s Attorney Raymond F. Morrogh requested a bench warrant, prompting Torres to turn himself in. He is being held at the county jail without bond.

Torres is expected to be arraigned in Circuit Court later this week, according to Morrogh. Morrogh declined a request to comment on the significance of Torres indictment being the first time an officer faced an indictment for an on-duty shooting, stating, “I’m not permitted to characterize the case under the rules governing me as a prosecutor. I’m grateful to the grand jury for their attention and taking time out of their personal lives to do this.”

Torres was one of several officers who responded to a domestic disturbance between Geer and his partner. Upon their arrival, Geer showed officers a holstered gun he had on him and placed it on the ground. A trained negotiator spoke with Geer as he refused to come out of the house. Geer directly asked Torres to lower his weapon multiple times, with Torres complying but then raising his weapon when Geer periodically requested to scratch his nose.
The negotiator notified officers that Geer “might do a suicide-by-cop type of situation.” At 3:34 pm, while negotiators were still speaking with Geer, Torres fired a single shot, to the surprise of other officers. Officers waiting 70 minutes before entering the house, where Geer was found dead just inside the front door. Torres claimed to have shot Geer because “he brought both his hands down really quick near his waist.”
Torres has been adamant about the shooting not being an accident, telling investigators, “It was not accidental. No, it was justified. I have no doubt about that at all. I don’t feel sorry for shooting the guy at all.”
Prior to being fired July 31 following an internal investigation and appeal process, Torres had been an officer for nine years. According to the Washington Post, indictments of police officers for on-duty shootings are extremely rare, with only 54 officers facing charges out thousands of shootings that have occurred in the last decade. Convictions are also difficult to obtain.

SOURCE

Apparently the article expired. This is what you guys asked for

Correction, Destee asks for a snippet and a link to the article being posted, so that the site cannot be cited for stealing other folks work.

And no,
the article didn't expire, here's the link you got the article from, which could have been posted, instead of relying on SOURCE:

http://kulturekritic.com/2015/08/ne...ter-shooting-unarmed-man-whose-hands-were-up/

Again, the link above goes to the article you posted and thought had expired, click it and see.

Within the article you posted towards the bottom is this:

SOURCE

So now its apparent how you got "SOURCE" by copying and pasting it to the portion you decided to copy and paste for posting here.

The problem is, its the source used by the folk where you got the article, initially:

kulturekritic-gradient-logo-copy11.png

So when SOURCE is clicked, it goes to the article I indicated was different from the article you posted. It also has a different title:

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/article_a0dc29d1-e990-5872-8142-5cf18e5b02fa.html

If I can secure the link to an article you posted, and I did, the question is ... Why can't you, Kemetsty?

All I did was left clicked the address information in my browser at the top, then right clicked it, and left clicked copy option, after goggling the subject of the article you posted:

That brought me to KultureKritic, the actual source where you got the information from and posted here.

Again, this is the link you should have posted, below, and not relied upon SOURCE at the bottom of the article:

http://kulturekritic.com/2015/08/ne...ter-shooting-unarmed-man-whose-hands-were-up/

So the article hadn't expired, its in cyberspace until its removed, if ever.

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back