OldSoul : Conversation with Bern Nadette Stanis Thelma of "Good Times"

I am illiterate. :rolleyes:

I know what the thread is about, but "Good Times" is referenced. In addition, the audio touches upon "Good Times." Nevertheless "Good Times" was a Minstrel Show and this woman's call to fame is as an unashamed Minstrel.

I could understand someone claiming that "JJ" or even maybe Wilona being a minstrel but, what exactly did Thelma do to earn that handle???

I could understand someone claiming that "JJ" or even maybe Wilona being a minstrel but, what exactly did Thelma do to earn that handle???

She's a black woman who had the nerve to do something positive and write a book geared towards black people that brother oldsoul just happened to have had the nerve to interview.

The white guy is a little salty about that because he's only here to try and ish on black people, though he gives the appearance that he want's to lift them up.

She's a black woman who had the nerve to do something positive and write a book geared towards black people that brother oldsoul just happened to have had the nerve to interview.

The white guy is a little salty about that because he's only here to try and ish on black people, though he gives the appearance that he want's to lift them up.

Ahhh, I see now! Thanks for the clarification.

I am illiterate. :rolleyes:

I know what the thread is about, but "Good Times" is referenced. In addition, the audio touches upon "Good Times." Nevertheless "Good Times" was a Minstrel Show and this woman's call to fame is as an unashamed Minstrel.
You're not real. Amazing how you know good times, yet you've never heard someone mention people "are acting crazy because of a full moon".

I believe Bernadette is from Brooklyn, I believe her people had something to do with a meat market on nostrand and st johns pl, back in the day. But I was pre-adoloscent then, but I remember her being one of the finest black women on TV.

Good Times appeared at time when there weren't black shows on TV, let alone with with a full family unit.
For you to refer to this as "minstrel" is IMO disgraceful.

When are you going to stop with this act that you perform online daily?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back