Black People Politics : Controversial group ADOS divides black Americans in fight for economic equality

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
At least we are talking about Reparations :facepalm: but they aren't disruptors... just confused.

Controversial group ADOS divides black Americans in fight for economic equality

These disruptors are creating conversations online using the hashtag #ADOS -- ADOS stands for "American Descendants of Slavery" -- a movement which some critics fear could drive a wedge between voters in the black community just months ahead of the 2020 election.

SAMARA LYNN
Good Morning America

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
What's all the fuss about, when it comes time to issue the checks, immigrants would automatically be separated out.

When it comes to reparations, differences in black lineage matter

What we are now witnessing with reparations has been 400 years in the making. And while some will say there have been attempts to trigger a reparations discussion, it is undeniable that the latest push has a significantly different feel and energy.

USA TODAY
USA TODAY Opinion

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

Slavery: new digital tools show how important slave trade was to Liverpool's development

Liverpool council’s decision in January 2020 to contextualise streets named after slave traders shed important light on the town’s infamous history as one of the world’s largest slave trading ports. Between 1696 and 1807 – when Britain abolished its slave trade – Liverpool merchants forcibly transported a phenomenal 1.3 million enslaved Africans across the Atlantic. Of these men, women, and children, 180,000 perished on the deadly Middle Passage – the crossing from Africa to the Americas.

David Eltis, Professor Emeritus of History, Emory University and Nicholas Radburn, Lecturer in Atlantic World History, 1500-1800, Lancaster University

The ConversationMarch 4, 2020

<span class=caption>Digital reconstruction of French slaver L'Aurore.</span> <span class=attribution><span class=source>www.slavevoyages.org/</span>, <span class=license>Author provided</span></span>

Digital reconstruction of French slaver L'Aurore. www.slavevoyages.org/, Author provided

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: