Black Spirituality Religion : Continuing My Discussion With Brotha Aqil

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Jan 14, 2006.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I wanted to respond to youru observations about the creation but did not want to go so far off the topic of brotha Dual's thread on the pronunctiation of YHWH. So here goes.

Almost, brotha Aqil, But the problem remains because the sun and moon and stars were not created until verse 14--after the creation of the plants!

What makes it so ill is in verse 17 they put the sun and moon inside the earth's firmament.
    This betrays a writer describing things as they appear to be from man's earthly view rather than an omniscient God who knows the true structure of the solar system.

Clearly the light of verses three and four was not the sun but I suspect this was just the energy with which the sun was later created.
    As the giver of life shouldn't the sun have been creatd before the plants?

2. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Yes, and it was. I suggest to you that the Universe was created in the first verse of Genesis:

"In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth."

This could have been written, "God created the Heavens," because Earth is part of the Heavens, which is the Sun, Moon, stars and planets...or God's kingdom. Thus the order (or disorder) in which the creation was accomplished becomes a moot point. I think the words, "and the Earth" were added to the verse in light of the fact that Earth is the planet of life...

The problem is that man does not consider this planet as part of the Heavens, which is ironic indeed!

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Brutha Aqil,

I could only wish that you had written the bible for you are absolutely right. Yet, even then it would only be written from the perception of a knowledgeable man, not an all knowing God.