Black People : Continetal Drift/Human Migration

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by anAfrican, Aug 25, 2008.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    this planet is a layer of rock floating on a ball of liquified rock. from the spin imparted on that ball of liquid by it's formation, this layer of rock is also in motion. as that ball spins, this layer of floating rock will also move. this is "continental drift". it has been "accepted" that these "tectonic plates" (pieces of this "layer of rock") has been in motion for 250 million years. it has been conjectured that in another 250 million years or so, this motion will result in this layer of rock coming back together again. in the 4.5 billion years that this earth has been spinning here, how many times would this approximately 500 million year cycle have been repeated.

mankind, in it's infinitismal "wisdom" seems to want to skim over anything that has occurred outside of it's few hundred thousand years of "civilised"/recorded existence.

during what we believe to have been it's last "joining" that land mass has been called a couple of things; one of which, i believe, is/was "pangaea" or some such.

now, aside from the links, this has been mostly my interpretation of stuff i have read over the years. so if stuff i said doesn't exactly jibe with stuff written in those links (i do not recall where i read the conjectured ~250 million years until the next "joining"), as dustyelbow would put it "oh well". (human migration links to follow.)

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    these are some links i'd collected once when i was doing something for some reason. <shrug> what can i say; my parents were packrats and i've always been a packrat and sometimes i remember that something of relevance to something is buried somewhere. as they say "stuff is junk you keep, and junk is stuff you throw away". additional definition of junk is "stuff that you realize you need three days after you throw it away". <grin>

zinken: [06] human migration

google search: "human migration"

the genographic project (not real sure about this one; it may not be as much informational as it might be "infomercial".)

the idea is that maybe ang-EL and whomever may be part of that "discussion" can do that "asiatic origin" bit over here.

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA