Black People : Constructive Sharing and Dialog

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by UBNaturally, Aug 8, 2014.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Have often seen on various different sites and communities, threads that simply post a video without much to any content or context to add or go along with it.

Also, a few threads with post after post of images and pictures
    (basically spamming)

I presume if there was an image gallery present, this would be the best place for albums and images that were personal affects to keep down forum spamming and allow the forums to be more for the written materials.

When it comes to a community dealing with constructive elements and articulation of how we come to ideas and thoughts of experiences, how many different images of the same manner does one need to make a point already established as a personal view?

Do images really speak a thousand words, and if so just curious as to how posting 1,000 photos, memes, videos allows for the continuity of sharing to occur.

1. Constructive dialog
    2. Non-constructive dialog
    3. Doesn't matter it's an open forum to post anything one desires as much as they desire?
    4. Kids will be kids
    Thoughts?

2. Dreya

Dreya Well-Known Member MEMBER

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    of course people may post what they want within the rules - some pics can indeed say a 1000 words - others say but a few and postin multiple photos all with the same message does seem a poor alternative to a reasoned dialog in which we seek to understand why people believ the things they do - without dialog the whole process is pretty pointless - its just two groups of people standin on either side of a divide shoutin "im right your dumb" "im right your dumb" over and over again

3. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Something like this?

[​IMG]

Well, maybe in time humanity will "evolve" to not have to use archaic forms of communication and just one look can transfer information.

More like how the ETs that some speak of and claims of their ways of communication

4. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Some people have no conversation so they post images.
    Some people can't articulate their thoughts, so they post images.
    Some people have said the same thing a thousand times, so for the 1001 - 1100th time, they post an image.... that says the same thing.
    Some people can articulate a thought but are too lazy, so they post an image.
    Some people want to be relevant, but have no conversation so they get in where they can fit in.... with an image.

5. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Interesting summation.

Sure you covered all of the possibilities?
    Seems reasonably articulated without having to be too articulate

Short and simple

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Trust, UB, I share your.... irritations.... not just with the images, but the 2 hour videos with no commentary. 2 hour videos featuring people most have never heard of and most in a LECTURE format, yet are expected(?) to stop their lives for 2 hours to watch. Or perhaps they're just an "in-thing" for a few to (IMHO) 'pretend' to watch and make "I'm with it and you're NOT!" comments. And I'm sincere about my disbelief that any are watching because I almost NEVER see any commentary on what the speaker in the video is saying! Just a bunch of "if only the fools would see," etc. kind of I'm 'light years' ahead of others-type posts. The longest video I've watched on this forum was the one SJ posted, "Wattstak" in his "man man we were beautiful" thread. I find it hard to believe ANYONE would read my posts in that thread and NOT conclude I watched the video.... in its entirety! Sadly, I can't say that about the posts of any others who purport to comment on videos.... they know, I know, anyone who can read between the lines knows that neither they NOR the video poster who makes no commentary on what he wants us to look at, have sat back and watched the vid. There should be a RULE that you must make at least a one-sentence comment about what's in any video that you post.

7. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Considering your comments, I visualized a lawyer giving a photo or video evidence to the clerks without prefacing it was some sort of categorization of their own in order to create the point of view for the exhibit(s) on display.

Some often express what they think about material they share later, but it's more for sitting back and watching the reactions rather than sharing information at times.

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Interesting analysis (the lawyer analogy was spot on! :thumbsup: ), but I'm more of the opinion they're frontin. If what you postulate is true, however, there's no sharing going on at all. It's manipulation, treating the members of the forum like lab rats. Verrrrr disrespectful.