Black People : Conspiracy2: Gandhi

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ConspiracyDog, Jun 15, 2003.

1. ConspiracyDog

ConspiracyDog Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I am shore that some of you know of Gandhi and what he did for his people and how MK was inspired by his non-violence approach to the problems his people faced, but did you know that Gandhi hated blacks and the lower class of his own people? So how is it that he is so vilified today?

How did history miss this one? Gandhi spoke out agents Blacks and tulk part in war agenst blacks. This is just some food for your mind, something to think about.

2. Indra

Indra Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Gandhi didn't come from india but from south africa, what i recent the most if him besides the points you already made; he didn't like his daugthers, he treated them as they where nothing and he helped the seperation of pakistan from india. And you know what problems they have now, back then the many different groups where living reasonably peacefull together. In those times and still now there are many people who disagree with the things that gandhi did.

Greetings from one of those disagreeing people

3. Indra

Indra Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    But i'm glad you brought up this subject!

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Very true Indra! Ghandi developed his non-violent protest methods in South Africa in the early 1900s. He fought for the rights of Indians; however, and did not address Black South Africans at all. Indians and Blacks in Africa have had several problems over the years. So Ghandi's attitude towards blacks isn't that surprising. I don't know if Dr. King liked Ghandi the man, or he just appreciated his methods (which were very effective)? Also Ghandi was quite the womanizer, by his own admission. He was not an angel by any stretch of the imagination!

5. ConspiracyDog

ConspiracyDog Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    liviti : I don’t know why there's an expectation that he would be, since he's not African, so why should he care really?) ...
    Conspiracy Dog: I understand what you are saying and that’s true why should he care? What got me thinking is; that all of these years many have held the view that he did. Indra I was not aware of his relationship with his daughter’s thx its intrusting that the same thing that.

Now how many of you know that India is originally Black and that the great Buddha was not Indian but black?
    It’s interesting that Gandhi’s fight for his own people never opened the eyes of his people to what they were doing to the original inhabitance of India.