Black Spirituality Religion : Considering Metaphysics...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by willa, Jul 18, 2015.

1. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +300
    It is interesting to me to read the exploration and conclusions of those who want to to add gods and goddesses or maybe the universe of chaos or power, any manner of zeroing in on physical or conscious explanations to answer or blame the manner of man's life upon the earth. Still, I see such inconsistencies with this line of thought. Why do people chase after it? No burdensome rules equal to Christianity like ten commandments?!

Question # 1: Where do I find the power to protect and improve my life since Christianity requires too much from me?

Find a volcano, better; worship the earth. Wait! Worship and understand the stars - no ... the universe! No. People might say, "My thoughts into the mysteries of the unseen have the power. I know this because I've tried it and there are no particular pre expectations on me. It is a gift that other people don't tap into. If beliefs don't really add up everywhere it doesn't matter to me, because it's too deep into the mysterious for a mere human to understand anyway." This is how many types of belief begin.

Answer to question # 1: There is only two sources of power on the earth, one is evil presided over by a convicted and cast out spirt to the earth, The Adversary to good. The other is that of GOD who holds the keys to this power steeped in the light of Righteousness.

Let me give you three examples of those looking for and finding the power of deception distributed to mankind through the Adversary.

I met a woman who claims she is a source of magic. I know how these things go, not well, so I wanted to watch and see how she fared. She had been funny and likable. Maybe a year went by. The next time I saw her at an event she showed up with makeup over her face she had painted black. My daughter and I greeted her. She was no longer funny, only obsessed with telling my daughter, "I've got power. You know that don't you?" No. That wasn't known at all. Power that she claimed to have gave her no beauty, only a bazaar face and whacked hair.

Second example as told me by a ticket teller in a station. The woman had been reading her Bible between customers. A man who looked sort of like a hippie type, standing around came over and began to ask questions about Jesus. The woman said with a certain fear to mention it, that the man was picked up and got thrown around the room when there was nobody there but him, even lifted into the air. Evidently there IS a requirement from the Adversary. Don't ask about the Lord. He was evidently into things that the Adversary thought he had the man sealed up to him.

Next was a woman who told me she had been playing on the Ouja board with a glass because the pointer had been lost. The question was if Christ's church was true. Amazingly the answer was "Yes" then the glass rose three feet into the air and shattered. That ol' don't ask about the Lord thing, especially when your playing with evil spirits on their game.

With GOD as you keep each of his commandments comes special blessings that are customized for each one. "Honor your mother and father -- live long upon the earth." Don't forget this earth has a place in the blessing of Eternity so that promise may also be realized on the other side of the vail. Forgive - so that you may be forgiven, just for a couple of examples. There are no short cuts to glory. Why? Because you are demonstrating your worthiness for a crown. Doesn't that make sense?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  2. willa

United States
    Ratings:
    +300
    Here is thought for those who like to consider man's place in the universe. There are many uncivilized planets. There are totally hostile places, uninhabitable with unbreathable gases, fiery orbs, explosive science, but; it is all elements found in this planet in friendly proportions. Nothing is new from the way the universe works from always. These things are part of the universe reality as it always has been part of existence: intelligence. It has always been. It is neither born or dies. It is. Good vs. evil. This too is part of existence that neither is born or dies. It is. Spirit which is born in intelligence. Intelligence rests on the foundation that loves, is considerate, chooses good as the protecting and nurturing path to follow in all cases. God is the most intelligent than we all. He presides as Father organizing worlds. Humanity are the jewels of the universe. There are no little green Martians.

Evil, left to itself will destroy because it is a downward spiral. It destroys it's own. Is that intelligent? No.

There are things to identify as evil and think about.

3. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    I don't know what you're considering but it ain't metaphysics.

We (man) are the universe. Like all things. See why things are confusing? We are looking for our place, when we are the universe itself lol.

Really lol. Keep looking for separation you will find it.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
  5. willa

United States
    Ratings:
    +300
    Metaphysics 1. A branch of philosophy that investigates principles of reality.

Sorry MS234, I can't go with your concept of reality. For instance, in what way do you control anything about the universe? People are not intelligent enough to harness more than dams, traffic lights, a trip to the moon and space probes. Certainly not the paths of galaxies. However the Eternal GOD does have control and holds in reserve the use of matter for purposes to bring to pass the elevation of life, even exaltation of his children, mankind. He builds the galaxies that protect and nurture his offspring through his endless knowledge and power, while unused galaxies spin off to destruction or are kept for further development as he has use for. God is not the universe he is the builder of the universe.

When understanding the universe Eternity also has to be part of the equation, and GOD is that part. Ezekiel 1: 15 "Now as I beheld the living creatures, (life of all flesh to be brought forth upon worlds) behold one wheel (one eternal round the purpose of worlds to be perfected with us forever was) upon the earth. 1: 18 As for their rings (reach with power) they were so high (extensive) that they were dreadful (who in humanity can equal it) and their rings were full of eyes (individual lives on worlds) around about them four." This is the inhabiting of the Universe by the children and creatures of God for their sanctification through the atonement -- life forever.

6. willa

United States
    Ratings:
    +300
    Let's talk more about the universe. We would diiiie there if not for the intelligence who organized a solar system that actually protects us from bombardment of space things being hurled at us, that burn up in our atmosphere. How convenient is that? It is said a meteor hit the earth which killed the dino's making some oil for our furnaces and cars. How convenient was that? Coincidence? What are the odds?

There is nothing welcoming about the universe unless we live within a still scary galaxy that has a well behaved, sleepy black hole compared to most other galaxies swirling with deafening roar, raging to swallow and cannibalize it's own planets. How intelligent is that? The universe is like a pin machine where everything goes bouncing off each other, but not making any points. We write songs about Venus, a beautiful star that burns entirely over every few days. Meanwhile there is stellar dust that is bullets against any of our space craft.

The universe all by itself is mindless. Even our sun is dying going through an evolution to destruction. So....what makes the difference? Why is there intelligent phenomenon that we see on this organized planet, and even to our very own placement in our cooperating solar system? It is because there is an intelligence that is organizing and has purpose. We call him GOD. Somebody will say, "Prove it."

We have the right hand and the left hand. On one hand we see that the Universe except for us is hostile and unlivable, even destroying itself. On the other hand we see that we are. We are evidence of intelligence. We can add that the universe hasn't got the tendency to organize livable worlds; but we organize many things all the time. So where does intelligence ly? Not with orbits. Intelligence is a characteristic of Man. GOD says we are created in his image, male and female and we are his offspring. So we have the ability to make wise decisions for ourselves, families, communities, a free agency. We can put together governments, many great and wonderful things. We are also in embryo of time not yet reaching a fulness of education for Eternity. So who is greater the pot or the pot maker? The colliding universe or it's infinite organizer and creator, our Heavenly Father, GOD.

7. cosmicmom

cosmicmom Mind is the Creator and Substance of everything. MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +120

The practice of metaphysical principles does not require one to make a separation between ourselves and the Creative Source of the universe. Even if the connection is not being made of how all creation is cyclical, how birth, death and rebirth are the natural order of the universe in which we live, that is where the intelligence of the universe lies. We as human beings partake in this power of creation since we are indeed children of the Creator as microcosms of the macrocosm.

What evidence is there that God is a "He"? What we refer to as God is beyond gender. It is important to be careful to recognize that we are made in the image and likeness of God, not the other way around.

One need not embrace any religion or religious thought to have a personal experience of the Divine. Just look within. That's where God can be found.

Peace :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  8. cosmicmom

cosmicmom Mind is the Creator and Substance of everything. MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +120
    While it is true that there is a formal branch of philosophy called metaphysics which poses questions of the nature of reality, in modern times the word is more often associated with what has been called “new thought” or “new age.” As science and spirituality converge, it becomes more and more clear that there is only one thing, one invisible thing, that makes up reality. Some call it God, some call it the Universe, some call it the Creator, some call it Goodness, some call it Love, some call it the Divine Feminine, some call it Universal Intelligence, and on and on. The bottom line though, is that the formal philosophical definition of the word metaphysics is not the area of metaphysics I speak of when I address the subject in these posts.

My interest in metaphysics is more from the spiritual aspect than the philosophical one. Spiritually speaking, metaphysics deals with the manner in which we are made in the image and likeness of God, and that is our inheritance as mental creators. I disagree that the Universe is mindless. Just the opposite. Universal Intelligence operates on every level of existence. Recognizing that this Intelligence operates in us and understanding the natural laws by which this Intelligence expresses itself in our space-time continuum gives us power to consciously be that expression of God in our world.

There is no separation in our Universe. Everything is a part of a coherent Whole. So while connotations of the word “metaphysics” can include philosophy, psychology, self help, meditation practices, positive thinking, and yes, even religion and more, the semantics are not as important as the understanding that we possess the ability to create--to bring into the world that which does not yet exist in physical form, and to purposefully use that ability to better the conditions for ourselves, our families, our communities and for Black people throughout the diaspora.

Peace :heart:

• Thank You Thank You x 2
    • List
  9. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    You are terribly confused.

You have all the answers but not to the right questions.

I don't expect you to get that.

Sorry I'm not into "concepts". I don't need to conceive what already is.

You again are putting the cart before the horse.

The key is not to control the universe as a whole of course that would be

ridiculous.

But for you to pose this comment to me shows me that you don't

understand your own powers. Yes you can influence chain of event or happenings
    without even lifting a finger.

Think of the universe like a lump of clay. Are you powerless over the clay?

Can you create and destroy?

Even scientific tests have shown human presence and affect matter.

You ever wanted to show someone something and couldn't get it to work?

Something you done a thousand times now somebody showed up and now it

won't cooperate.

Or vice versa you went somewhere and somebody was trying to show........

etc etc.

Your path of metaphysics is a misdirect intent on confusion.

10. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    This was alot to consume, and the points made are understandable.

Yet, somewhat interesting based on the concept of meta physics.
    Meta physics itself is by de facto a belief system, which holds all of the other so called belief systems.

A man walking on water (raging stormy wave-filled water at that) is one of the more prominent belief system stories that is under the umbrella of "meta physics".

"She was no longer funny, only obsessed with telling my daughter, "I've got power. You know that don't you?" No. That wasn't known at all. Power that she claimed to have gave her no beauty, only a bazaar face and whacked hair."

And the face paint and the different appearance was because they were into "magic"?

Well, Musa (Moses) came down a mountain for the second time after he was missing for a long time the first time (in which he ending up commanding the smiting of over 2,000 Israelites/non-Levites), his face had many afraid because of the way it looked.

Exo 34:29
    And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

Exo 34:30
    And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.

Exo 34:31
    And Moses called unto them; and Aaron and all the rulers of the congregation returned unto him: and Moses talked with them.

Exo 34:32
    And afterward all the children of Israel came nigh: and he gave them in commandment all that the LORD had spoken with him in mount Sinai.

Exo 34:33
    And till Moses had done speaking with them, he put a vail on his face.

Exo 34:34
    But when Moses went in before the LORD to speak with him, he took the vail off, until he came out. And he came out, and spake unto the children of Israel that which he was commanded.

Exo 34:35
    And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone: and Moses put the vail upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him.​

Even had to cover his face while talking to them.

Moses had a rod that was able to part a sea and crack a rock to produce water, would this be considered "magic"?
    I mean Moses went up against "magicians" as the story goes.

Some thought Moses to be crazy and whacked out, and if not for the signs they probably would have rejected his leadership.

It's all a matter of belief and faith.
    Was Peter standing upon the water (temporarily) because of "Jesus", or was he doing so because he was inspired to do so by his own faith and belief?

Meta Physics is that which is beyond the realm of the laws of mankind understood physics
    At a point in time imprinting sound onto a platter would have been considered "meta physics", merely because it may have been beyond our physical understanding and knowledge.

Creating life or the genome for life is far beyond our understanding, even if the mortal scientists think they can clone it... which is completely different from creating it.

When these puny "scientists" begin to understand how to create an egg and spermatozoa, then I might have to relocate to one of those other planets to cohabitate on... that's how the "beast" was create in previous domes.

But as far as true metaphysics, much of it is base in theoretical analysis and the art of deduction.
    In simple terms, the "known unknowns", which is laughable because it's a redundant process of attempting to conclude something that is ultimately inconclusive by its very classification.

1. Does a crucifix ward off evil?
    2. Does salt create a barrier that no ether being can cross?
    3. How does one use God's name in vain, if one does not know it?
    4. If a Jinn is sent to possess you, did you deserve it?
    5. Can a Shaman invoke spirits that are good, or evil... and if so, are Shaman good, or evil?
    6. If one eats unleavened bread and drinks red/purple drink on each 1st Sunday, are they protected?
    7. If one does not eat unleavened bread and drink red/purple drink on each 1st Sunder, are they not protected?
    8. Protected or not protected from what? Evil, Ill-will, heeby jeebies, ju ju, voodoo?
    9. Can good become evil, or can evil become good?
    10. Can a killer become a saint, and can a saint become a killer? (Moses and Saul; better known as Paul)
    11. Is a saint a man of God, or can a saint be a magician and a man of God?
    12. When the livestock of the Egyptians were destroyed, why didn't they just take the Israelites? This seemed to be very kind of them

Why did human sacrifice occur as a sign of worship and obedience?
    Even the sacrificing of own children, was this the characteristic of a mentally stable person?

• Abraham (Isaac; replaced by a goat at the last moment before his attempted sacrifice)
    • and Jepthah (Judges 11)

Could we see anyone today pulling out a knife and telling their child "God told me I had to sacrifice you today"?

SAN FRANCISCO / Lawyer says Mom thought God told her to throw kids in bay / Attorney says defendant was mentally ill

An Oakland woman who allegedly threw her three young sons to their deaths in the San Francisco Bay last October thought she heard the "voice of God" telling her to sacrifice her children, the woman's attorney said Tuesday at a preliminary hearing.

Attorney: Woman thought God told her to kill sons

Laney's court-appointed attorney, F.R. "Buck" Files, presented his case for an insanity defense during his opening statement.

"You will hear that she was a sick person on a quest to be closer to her Lord," Files said. "The only explanation which any of the witnesses can offer for her conduct ... is that Deanna Laney was legally insane."

Files said Laney believed that God had told her the world was going to end and "she had to get her house in order," which included killing her children.

"The dilemma she faced is a terrible one for a mother," Files said. "Does she follow what she believes to be God's will, or does she turn her back on God?"

Files said he would present witnesses who would corroborate Laney's love of her children as well as her belief "that the word of God was infallible."

And of course...

Andrea Yates

Drowned all 5 of her children

She didn't come out and say she was told to do it, but something tells me she probably heard voices too

Names of her children
    Noah Jacob, John Samuel, Paul Abraham, Luke David, Mary Deborah

I mean, how you going to drown "Noah" though??
    That's blasphemous!

But the question is, were these people really "crazy" or "delusional", or were they just simply following orders and honoring a contract like Abraham and Jepthah?

Did I mention that Moses talked God out of killing the children of Israel for making too much noise and merry making while Moses was getting the first tablets... only to come down from the mountain, break both tablets with the laws on them (one of which would have been, "Thou Shalt Not Kill") ... only to kill, or order the killing of the Israelites which Moses had just pleaded for?

Exo 32:10
    Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

Exo 32:11

And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?

Exo 32:12

Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.

Exo 32:13
    Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

Exo 32:14
    And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Yes, Moses had the "LORD" repenting of evil thoughts

Exo 32:19
    And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.

Exo 32:22
    And Aaron said, Let not the anger of my lord wax hot: thou knowest the people, that they are set on mischief.

Exo 32:26
    Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD'S side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.

Exo 32:27
    And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

Exo 32:28
    And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

No? Well, yea there's that

The "LORD" had to repent of the evil, or evil thoughts...
    But to whom did the "LORD" repent to? Ponder this for a moment

The stories and tales that are within any practice or sect of thought patterns that equate to a connection with an element that is beyond ones' self, are driving forces to create the meta physic parameters in which some think they understand something they cannot see.

This can also be equated to something similar in relation.

Take for instance the people that donate a "seed offering" to some of these tv evangelists.
    They will have you believe that because they offered $58, that they miraculously received a check for $5,800.

Or some special handkerchief or water that is supposed to heal people.

Are these of good or of evil, and how can one decipher which is which, if the end result is the one the person giving the money desires?

1. But from the "Magic Woman" in blackface
    2. To the Bible Reading Ticket Seller that witnessed a hippy being tossed (dude was probably drunk)
    3. To the Makeshift Ouija playing glass shattering tales...

Chuckling at the idea that the "entity" had the courtesy to answer the question, not lie, and then broke the makeshift planchette.

So they are forced to answer the questions, truthfully, but are allowed to throw a hissy fit afterwards?
    Why not just lie and have some fun with the feeble minded humanoids?

These are some interesting tales, and how they offer these stories to others would probably be even more interesting.
    I wonder how the conversations start, or is there a meeting around a camp fire at night?

For some reason I have an urge to read Goosebumps now... naaa

And yea, little green men don't exist, because of what reason?
    The little gray (translucent) creatures or the tall black (and white; rare) creatures are the ones that are mentioned, not sure about the green ones.

The tall black ones are typically the ones people see at night when they wake up and claim to see a shadow over them.
    But shhhh, you didn't hear that from me... that's just what I have heard others say.