Black Spirituality Religion : Considering Metaphysics...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by willa, Jul 18, 2015.

1. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +454
    It is interesting to me to read the exploration and conclusions of those who want to to add gods and goddesses or maybe the universe of chaos or power, any manner of zeroing in on physical or conscious explanations to answer or blame the manner of man's life upon the earth. Still, I see such inconsistencies with this line of thought. Why do people chase after it? No burdensome rules equal to Christianity like ten commandments?!

Question # 1: Where do I find the power to protect and improve my life since Christianity requires too much from me?

Find a volcano, better; worship the earth. Wait! Worship and understand the stars - no ... the universe! No. People might say, "My thoughts into the mysteries of the unseen have the power. I know this because I've tried it and there are no particular pre expectations on me. It is a gift that other people don't tap into. If beliefs don't really add up everywhere it doesn't matter to me, because it's too deep into the mysterious for a mere human to understand anyway." This is how many types of belief begin.

Answer to question # 1: There is only two sources of power on the earth, one is evil presided over by a convicted and cast out spirt to the earth, The Adversary to good. The other is that of GOD who holds the keys to this power steeped in the light of Righteousness.

Let me give you three examples of those looking for and finding the power of deception distributed to mankind through the Adversary.

I met a woman who claims she is a source of magic. I know how these things go, not well, so I wanted to watch and see how she fared. She had been funny and likable. Maybe a year went by. The next time I saw her at an event she showed up with makeup over her face she had painted black. My daughter and I greeted her. She was no longer funny, only obsessed with telling my daughter, "I've got power. You know that don't you?" No. That wasn't known at all. Power that she claimed to have gave her no beauty, only a bazaar face and whacked hair.

Second example as told me by a ticket teller in a station. The woman had been reading her Bible between customers. A man who looked sort of like a hippie type, standing around came over and began to ask questions about Jesus. The woman said with a certain fear to mention it, that the man was picked up and got thrown around the room when there was nobody there but him, even lifted into the air. Evidently there IS a requirement from the Adversary. Don't ask about the Lord. He was evidently into things that the Adversary thought he had the man sealed up to him.

Next was a woman who told me she had been playing on the Ouja board with a glass because the pointer had been lost. The question was if Christ's church was true. Amazingly the answer was "Yes" then the glass rose three feet into the air and shattered. That ol' don't ask about the Lord thing, especially when your playing with evil spirits on their game.

With GOD as you keep each of his commandments comes special blessings that are customized for each one. "Honor your mother and father -- live long upon the earth." Don't forget this earth has a place in the blessing of Eternity so that promise may also be realized on the other side of the vail. Forgive - so that you may be forgiven, just for a couple of examples. There are no short cuts to glory. Why? Because you are demonstrating your worthiness for a crown. Doesn't that make sense?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  2. willa

United States
    Ratings:
    +454
    Here is thought for those who like to consider man's place in the universe. There are many uncivilized planets. There are totally hostile places, uninhabitable with unbreathable gases, fiery orbs, explosive science, but; it is all elements found in this planet in friendly proportions. Nothing is new from the way the universe works from always. These things are part of the universe reality as it always has been part of existence: intelligence. It has always been. It is neither born or dies. It is. Good vs. evil. This too is part of existence that neither is born or dies. It is. Spirit which is born in intelligence. Intelligence rests on the foundation that loves, is considerate, chooses good as the protecting and nurturing path to follow in all cases. God is the most intelligent than we all. He presides as Father organizing worlds. Humanity are the jewels of the universe. There are no little green Martians.

Evil, left to itself will destroy because it is a downward spiral. It destroys it's own. Is that intelligent? No.

There are things to identify as evil and think about.

3. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,038
    I don't know what you're considering but it ain't metaphysics.

We (man) are the universe. Like all things. See why things are confusing? We are looking for our place, when we are the universe itself lol.

Really lol. Keep looking for separation you will find it.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +13,877
    :popcorn:

5. willa

United States
    Ratings:
    +454
    Metaphysics 1. A branch of philosophy that investigates principles of reality.

Sorry MS234, I can't go with your concept of reality. For instance, in what way do you control anything about the universe? People are not intelligent enough to harness more than dams, traffic lights, a trip to the moon and space probes. Certainly not the paths of galaxies. However the Eternal GOD does have control and holds in reserve the use of matter for purposes to bring to pass the elevation of life, even exaltation of his children, mankind. He builds the galaxies that protect and nurture his offspring through his endless knowledge and power, while unused galaxies spin off to destruction or are kept for further development as he has use for. God is not the universe he is the builder of the universe.

When understanding the universe Eternity also has to be part of the equation, and GOD is that part. Ezekiel 1: 15 "Now as I beheld the living creatures, (life of all flesh to be brought forth upon worlds) behold one wheel (one eternal round the purpose of worlds to be perfected with us forever was) upon the earth. 1: 18 As for their rings (reach with power) they were so high (extensive) that they were dreadful (who in humanity can equal it) and their rings were full of eyes (individual lives on worlds) around about them four." This is the inhabiting of the Universe by the children and creatures of God for their sanctification through the atonement -- life forever.

6. willa

United States
    Ratings:
    +454
    Let's talk more about the universe. We would diiiie there if not for the intelligence who organized a solar system that actually protects us from bombardment of space things being hurled at us, that burn up in our atmosphere. How convenient is that? It is said a meteor hit the earth which killed the dino's making some oil for our furnaces and cars. How convenient was that? Coincidence? What are the odds?

There is nothing welcoming about the universe unless we live within a still scary galaxy that has a well behaved, sleepy black hole compared to most other galaxies swirling with deafening roar, raging to swallow and cannibalize it's own planets. How intelligent is that? The universe is like a pin machine where everything goes bouncing off each other, but not making any points. We write songs about Venus, a beautiful star that burns entirely over every few days. Meanwhile there is stellar dust that is bullets against any of our space craft.

The universe all by itself is mindless. Even our sun is dying going through an evolution to destruction. So....what makes the difference? Why is there intelligent phenomenon that we see on this organized planet, and even to our very own placement in our cooperating solar system? It is because there is an intelligence that is organizing and has purpose. We call him GOD. Somebody will say, "Prove it."

We have the right hand and the left hand. On one hand we see that the Universe except for us is hostile and unlivable, even destroying itself. On the other hand we see that we are. We are evidence of intelligence. We can add that the universe hasn't got the tendency to organize livable worlds; but we organize many things all the time. So where does intelligence ly? Not with orbits. Intelligence is a characteristic of Man. GOD says we are created in his image, male and female and we are his offspring. So we have the ability to make wise decisions for ourselves, families, communities, a free agency. We can put together governments, many great and wonderful things. We are also in embryo of time not yet reaching a fulness of education for Eternity. So who is greater the pot or the pot maker? The colliding universe or it's infinite organizer and creator, our Heavenly Father, GOD.

7. cosmicmom

cosmicmom Mind is the Creator and Substance of everything. MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +120

The practice of metaphysical principles does not require one to make a separation between ourselves and the Creative Source of the universe. Even if the connection is not being made of how all creation is cyclical, how birth, death and rebirth are the natural order of the universe in which we live, that is where the intelligence of the universe lies. We as human beings partake in this power of creation since we are indeed children of the Creator as microcosms of the macrocosm.

What evidence is there that God is a "He"? What we refer to as God is beyond gender. It is important to be careful to recognize that we are made in the image and likeness of God, not the other way around.

One need not embrace any religion or religious thought to have a personal experience of the Divine. Just look within. That's where God can be found.

Peace :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  8. cosmicmom

United States
    Ratings:
    +120
    While it is true that there is a formal branch of philosophy called metaphysics which poses questions of the nature of reality, in modern times the word is more often associated with what has been called “new thought” or “new age.” As science and spirituality converge, it becomes more and more clear that there is only one thing, one invisible thing, that makes up reality. Some call it God, some call it the Universe, some call it the Creator, some call it Goodness, some call it Love, some call it the Divine Feminine, some call it Universal Intelligence, and on and on. The bottom line though, is that the formal philosophical definition of the word metaphysics is not the area of metaphysics I speak of when I address the subject in these posts.

My interest in metaphysics is more from the spiritual aspect than the philosophical one. Spiritually speaking, metaphysics deals with the manner in which we are made in the image and likeness of God, and that is our inheritance as mental creators. I disagree that the Universe is mindless. Just the opposite. Universal Intelligence operates on every level of existence. Recognizing that this Intelligence operates in us and understanding the natural laws by which this Intelligence expresses itself in our space-time continuum gives us power to consciously be that expression of God in our world.

There is no separation in our Universe. Everything is a part of a coherent Whole. So while connotations of the word “metaphysics” can include philosophy, psychology, self help, meditation practices, positive thinking, and yes, even religion and more, the semantics are not as important as the understanding that we possess the ability to create--to bring into the world that which does not yet exist in physical form, and to purposefully use that ability to better the conditions for ourselves, our families, our communities and for Black people throughout the diaspora.

• Thank You Thank You x 2
    • List
  9. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,038
    You are terribly confused.

You have all the answers but not to the right questions.

I don't expect you to get that.

Sorry I'm not into "concepts". I don't need to conceive what already is.

You again are putting the cart before the horse.

The key is not to control the universe as a whole of course that would be

ridiculous.

But for you to pose this comment to me shows me that you don't

understand your own powers. Yes you can influence chain of event or happenings
    without even lifting a finger.

Think of the universe like a lump of clay. Are you powerless over the clay?

Can you create and destroy?

Even scientific tests have shown human presence and affect matter.

You ever wanted to show someone something and couldn't get it to work?

Something you done a thousand times now somebody showed up and now it

won't cooperate.

Or vice versa you went somewhere and somebody was trying to show........

etc etc.

Your path of metaphysics is a misdirect intent on confusion.

10. cosmicmom

United States
    Ratings:
    +120
    As you have described "meta physics", I think I understand the point you are making...if that point is that the seen and the known are contained within a larger reality that is the unseen and the unknown. I can't find fault with your statement that metaphysics (I don't make a separation between the "meta" and the "physics") itself a belief system that holds all of the other so called belief systems. But when you go on to make your point by stringing together such divergent elements as magic, Moses, Andrea Yates, the Ouijia, voodoo and a whole host of other examples into one explanation, it's no wonder why the overwhelming majority of Black people can't see why they should give a hoot about metaphysics.

Metaphysics in its simplest terms is the study of how consciousness works. Everything believed by all the people in all the examples you cited underscores the point. What a person accepts as truth, what is imprinted on a person's subconscious mind as truth, becomes truth to that person and motivates their thought processes and actions. That is precisely why understanding how consciousness works is so vitally important.

My interest in even talking about the subject at all is in the service of nation-building and Black Liberation. I am laser-focused on persuading as many Black folks as I can, one at a time if need be, that by understanding how consciousness works and the role it plays in creating our experiences, we can purposefully change those experiences.

I'm sick, sick, sick, sick, sick to death of the Black experience in America!!!!! And yes, I think I know what we can do to substantially change that experience. By now, anyone who's read any of my posts knows what I think that is. So while anyone can call practically anything "metaphysics", I'm talking about disciplining our minds to create a better future for ourselves and our descendants.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015