Black Spirituality Religion : Conscious Pimp

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Alexandra, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    Sisters, I think we can all relate to this - The Concious Pimp!

[​IMG]

August 7, 2008 by KaluMa

I have spoken about the Polygamy thing, but I also feel it necessary to address another issue with dealing with our brothas. That is the "conscious pimp". A conscious pimp is a brotha that uses consciousness and/or African culture to run game on sistas and to use it for selfish means. I am hearing it and seeing it more often and really disappointed at how things are going down. It happens on a variety of fronts. For instance, they may find a sista who is not in the culture, and begin telling her how she is a queen and a goddess. While this may be true, this is intended to gain her trust as she may have never heard a brotha say such things. He speaks to her like he is intelligent about history and even spirituality. He may use poetry and the like to get in. While he may be informed, his intentions are to run game to get the poo. He might even say, I don't want to have sex, I want to explore tantra with you. While the brotha sounds really cool, he is doing this to several women at once unbeknown to the sista. The sista is of course devastated and hurt when the truth comes out. Often, the brotha may try to use polygamy as a tool in his pimp game to justify inappropriate behavior. All in the name of the community. This brotha, we must beware.

[​IMG]

We must be careful to distinguish the "conscious pimp" from the real brothas trying to grow and be what they were created to be. Here are some tips on how to identify a "conscious pimp".

1. The devil is in the details. Look for the little things that he does that contradict what he is saying. Does he talk about spirituality but you never see him praying or meditating?

2. Does he embrace being a "conscious thug" feeling that only a street wise brotha can led the "revolution" . He probably rejects any advanced education, but freely quotes Donald Goines (Iceberg Slim)and Malcolm X early days.

3. Does he have hyper masculine views of manhood? That is does he hide his sexism under a oppressive personality. He tells you what to wear, how to talk, what to feel.

4. Does he equate women with either being a goddess, gold digger, or a wh*re? Could he really respect women if he does?

5. Does he have 10 kids in the name of building a nation, but doesn't seem to really take care of any of them or only a few?

6. Does he justify cheating on you and lying by saying that he is a man and this should be expected? After all,there aren't enough conscious brothas to go around so stop being selfish?

7. Does he blame the white man and black women as the source of why he won't work? Does he make you feel guilty for your part in the black mans oppression and ask you to pay his bills, or max out your credit card as compensation?

8. Does he have characteristically pimp like behavior but justify it with excuse after excuse.

9. Does he dip out to see other sistas ( especially after 10 pm) in the name of supporting her through a hard time?

10. Does he have extremist views that justify him beating the crap out of you? Like, you need to be humble. Does he accept that behavior from his friends? Or, does he try to break you down and then try to build you up?

11. Does he try to isolate you from your girls and try to give you new friends that are acceptable to him.

12. Does he want you to keep your relationship secret because others might be jealous.

13. Does he try to turn you on using cosmic sensual examples?

Now I know some of this may be extreme and there are a whole lot of brothas that are the real deal. And, those items alone may not reflect the whole story. But there are also those who have made consciousness a pimp form. I got most of this information from a brotha who had done it. He also shared that the reasoning behind this kind of brotha is that some of the information that is being disseminated was never meant to be shared out of a controlled environment. That is it for one to have it, it needed to be accompanied with morality. The "conscious" information that is being used is being done without ethical training of the ancients.

It is important that when you meet a brotha, that you determine his moral character above his conscious information and don't believe all of the hype just because it sounds good. Check the actions and make a conscious decision to draw the line when it doesn't feel right.

Peace,
    A

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    I've met quite a few conscious pimps in my day. Another type I've met is the metaphysical pimp. Now that is space-age pimping and it's on a for real level. It's right up there astral telepathic sex, ya dig.

Blackbird (the cosmic hater)

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Those are some great example of flags to watch for!
    Thank you Sister Alexandra!:love:

:heart:

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I have just one correction here. Just an F.Y.I.

Donald Goines was not "Iceberg Slim."

Iceberg Slim was Robert Beck, but Goines did pattern many of his writings after him.

5. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Conscious pimping sounds great to me, if thats what one wants to do.. But I stay away from "conscious" people, they are crazy.

6. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Lol@ cosmic hater

-This kush is hittin...

7. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    :lol: That sounds about right too!

:heart:

8. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    ok

conscious woman and the DL la la man

conscious Pimps

conscious crackheads

conscious pedophiles

conscious having sex with animal lovers

lol

i can't wait to be uplifted

:hi:

9. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    [email protected] and sis Moons.....no crap I stay away as well....dont wont those ol negative vibes hittin mah aura.....

*puffs on some mugwort*

10. rasembi aunk

rasembi aunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    You really don't have to "pimp" per se. All you really need is a a little confidence to get out in front of people, a little charisma and get on the metaphysical lecture circuit and before you know it, you have a harem.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Concious pimp