Black People : Conscious Debate On The "N" Word

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chinelo, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    I just want yall brothers and sisters to weigh in, first watch all the videos and let me know who you agree with....these two brothers, brother seti and brother larry are friends, so its a good hearted debate on a serious issue, that we all can come together on and make some sense of everything, so all opinions and wisdom is definitely worthy.....

Me personally i'm leaning towards brother larry and what he said, but i see where bro seti coming from, and so its back and forth with me on this.....:)

Part 1
    [Youtube]-w6mr4OkY4E[/Youtube]

Part 2
    [Youtube]HXiSnoQnBH0&feature=related[/Youtube]

Now brother larry and the response:

[Youtube]XGF1-pCgBkI[/Youtube]

MA'AT

2. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    Not this debate again SMH

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Care to weigh in MiKe? lol

4. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    all of you know im very stubborn about my approach to this topic....i'll leave it there for now misinterpet ;-)

5. nikknikk19

nikknikk19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

BSN Student
    Ratings:
    +40
    I agre w/ prof. Larry

I think he sees it as a form of conditioning by people referring to themselves and their race as the N word. Over time subconsciously they start taking on the characteristics. I've seen Seti flip out on sistahs/brothas who "respectfully" didn't agree with him via fb and have that "inner" n____ come out of him. So, I'm going to have to agree w/ prof' Larry. Whites don't call themselves crackas or cave dwellers. I only white boys admit that their females taste tart which is why they chase sistahs and their hair stinks when it gets wet. But, you won't see them turn around and say that white b___ this or that c___ that.

6. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    Basically what he is saying:

Until black people's lives change they will always actually be n**. But, the word is useful to unify black people for a future military structure, so ending its use is not a priority(and not possible). When the ******* is destroyed(and his system), then and only then will it be acceptable to be called anything else but n-word.

What I think:

By the use of a single word as a descriptor of a large number of individuals(such as brother/sister) it creates the psychological effect of community(or we all are the same). This can be useful in the construction of a monolithic ideological body. Which would be useful military purposes.

The above is where I think he is spot on for his particular goals. Otherwise, I think he misunderstands what is actually limiting black people's potential, and underestimates the potential difficulties and consequences of his particular plans. Although, I do agree it isn't a word(or even THAT word).

Basically, I am saying, with the exception of hateful/hurtful use, I am ambivalent about the word.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683

Hello Ragnarok ... glad to have you with us.

You say above, that he misunderstands what is actually limiting black people's potential.

What, in your opinion, is actually limiting black people's potential?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

8. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Spoken like a true whiteman. Have you ever called a black man or woman nigg*@, or thought about doing it?

9. Ragnarok

Ratings:
    +28
    I am glad to be welcomed, thank you.

To answer your question is to understand from what humanity derives its success. We are masters of this earth not for our brawn, but for our intellect and sociability. For very similar reasons the most successful of us promote both of these things.

In this country Asians are called the "model minority", but in reality they exceed the majority's success. The strongest correlating factor for this difference is on the social side, or more directly the family unit. The largest Asian group is Chinese, whom have from Confucian philosophy strong concepts of family and duty. This translates into lower levels of divorce and a strong work ethic.

Conversely, there is a segment of black culture(sadly, dominate) that holds diametrically opposed values. As such, family, education, and legitimate work are not encouraged. A noble war to wage would be to encourage these things, especially a stable family unit. It entirely is not an accident that African immigrants largely succeed in America, and that the poverty rate of two parent black families with high school diplomas and no out of wedlock children is less than 6 percent(compared to 24.7 for all blacks).

Yes, people will be racist, but nothing short of doing will change their perceptions. But more importantly, nothing short of doing will change the condition of people's lives. It is well within black people's ability to remove all doubt of said ability, and many have already made the poor racist stop saying, "blacks can't do xxxx because xxxxx" because they already have(and well). Not that the perception of such people even matter. =)

10. Ragnarok

Ratings:
    +28
    Probably so Sekhemu, but that is my perception.

Somehow I doubt you will believe me, but no to your question.