Black Spirituality Religion : Consciosness

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
As I lay on the gurney in the operating room yesterday the anestesiologist put the plastic cup over my nose. I thought I am wide awake. I don't even feel sleepy. When is it going to work. It's not working. Next thing I know the nurse is telling me to wake up that the procedure was a success.

We are unconscious of the time when we are unconscious therefore we jump from one state of consciousness to the next.

It is only through the confirmation of other people that we know the consciousness that wakes in the morning is housed in the same person that went to bed last night. Other collaborate with our memories so that we know we are remembering reality and not dream.

When we dream we are not unconscious but in a different state of consciousness. Only when we awake it may take a few seconds to realize we have changed states but eventually we do yet while asleep we do not consciously know that we are in a different state.

If you awakened one day and found you were the only person on Earth what difference would it make which state of consciousness you are in, dreaming or waking since thee is no one else around to confirm the events of the so-called real world?

As I lay on the gurney in the operating room yesterday the anestesiologist put the plastic cup over my nose. I thought I am wide awake. I don't even feel sleepy. When is it going to work. It's not working. Next thing I know the nurse is telling me to wake up that the procedure was a success.

We are unconscious of the time when we are unconscious therefore we jump from one state of consciousness to the next.

It is only through the confirmation of other people that we know the consciousness that wakes in the morning is housed in the same person that went to bed last night. Other collaborate with our memories so that we know we are remembering reality and not dream.

When we dream we are not unconscious but in a different state of consciousness. Only when we awake it may take a few seconds to realize we have changed states but eventually we do yet while asleep we do not consciously know that we are in a different state.

If you awakened one day and found you were the only person on Earth what difference would it make which state of consciousness you are in, dreaming or waking since thee is no one else around to confirm the events of the so-called real world?

If i woke up and found i was the only person of Earth i probably would feel like i was in the twilight zone, and would put myself back to sleep.

I really like this post river! have you ever woke up from a dream, but realized you were still dreaming because when sat up in bed your surroundings was set in black and white?

I don't dream in black and white. I dream in true technicolor with stereophonic surround sound:D

But I remember when I was married one day my husband and I were taking a nap and I dreamed we were talking. Then I woke in the middle of our conversation. The scene in real life was almost just like in the dream with me looking at him. I knew there had been a change in consciousness but just to make sure I decided to finish the conversation. I said "But that's what you wanted anyway, right." He said "Girl, whatchu talking about?"

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back