Black Spirituality Religion : Consciosness

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Jun 4, 2010.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    As I lay on the gurney in the operating room yesterday the anestesiologist put the plastic cup over my nose. I thought I am wide awake. I don't even feel sleepy. When is it going to work. It's not working. Next thing I know the nurse is telling me to wake up that the procedure was a success.

We are unconscious of the time when we are unconscious therefore we jump from one state of consciousness to the next.

It is only through the confirmation of other people that we know the consciousness that wakes in the morning is housed in the same person that went to bed last night. Other collaborate with our memories so that we know we are remembering reality and not dream.

When we dream we are not unconscious but in a different state of consciousness. Only when we awake it may take a few seconds to realize we have changed states but eventually we do yet while asleep we do not consciously know that we are in a different state.

If you awakened one day and found you were the only person on Earth what difference would it make which state of consciousness you are in, dreaming or waking since thee is no one else around to confirm the events of the so-called real world?

2. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    I really like this post river! have you ever woke up from a dream, but realized you were still dreaming because when sat up in bed your surroundings was set in black and white?

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    If i woke up and found i was the only person of Earth i probably would feel like i was in the twilight zone, and would put myself back to sleep.

4. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I don't dream in black and white. I dream in true technicolor with stereophonic surround sound:D

But I remember when I was married one day my husband and I were taking a nap and I dreamed we were talking. Then I woke in the middle of our conversation. The scene in real life was almost just like in the dream with me looking at him. I knew there had been a change in consciousness but just to make sure I decided to finish the conversation. I said "But that's what you wanted anyway, right." He said "Girl, whatchu talking about?"

5. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    :D

6. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    I'm conscious and walking around outside, and I'm trying to figure out if it's real or the matrix. And trying to figure out what the hell is really the matrix and who's controlling us - man or the universe.

Check it, one time I had some left over weed from trying to get high (worked ONCE and hasn't worked in the 3 other times I tried it, guess I wasn't meant to be an addict, anyway... ) so bought some brownies and mixed what I had left over in the brownies.

Fell asleep but couldn't sleep but was still asleep. I kept waking between periods of sleep because somebody in my head (I think it was me) was almost screaming

'WHY ARE YOU HERE?? THIS ISN'T REAL! YOU ARE NOT HERE! YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE! NONE OF THIS CRAP IS REAL! IT'S AN ILLUSION! WHAT ARE YOU HERE FOR! THIS ISN'T REAL!'

In my periods of wakefullness, I kept asking myself the same question 'is this real? Why am I here?' Then I'd fall asleep and there was the screaming questions asking me the same thing. I thought I had a headache while I was sleeping but when I woke my head was fine.

chemically induced manifest consciousness transcended and amplified into the unconsciousness.

That was cool. But kinda scary.

And not at all a good way to be high. I liked the original.

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    To be high is a whole nother form of consciousness. Didn't think of that one.

Wow, brownies and refer? Maybe it was just the store bought brownies. No telling what they put in them things.

But why are we here and what is real? I wondered about the question. Then I asked okay then what is really real? Have I ever experienced a state of consciousness so real that this world can only be unreal in comparison? Or is it that the behavior of the people and the planet itself make no sense and I insist that whatever real is it must and will make sense to me?

Are we here to move slowly toward making sense both individually and collectively?