Black Women : Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Moorfius, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hotep

This has got to be one of the most bold, fearles so-called Black African in Amerikkka woman ( Cynthia McKinney ) living today in our time who knows what it takes to make real changes for the future of our "African" people. Not spending any of her time trying to immitate, immulate, become a lover to any white man because "She" knows who she is and what she is and who "We" are as a people. After starting the "first" investigation of the Bush administration that resulted in her removal from political office only to be re-instated by the power of the "Right-Minded" people who voted her right back into office and now this "Great" black woman is starting ware she left off by at least standing up at any cost to bring about "Justice". But she is not alone by no means...their are thousands and thousands of people who support her efforts to bring justice in place of the system of in-justice by not selling out but speaking out and acting out to remove the "Lie" and expose the "Truth".

Ase`

http://www.blackelectorate.com/print_article.asp?ID=1803

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    just adding some links

The following two links are from an article, with comments, posted at DC Indymedia: Rep. McKinney Files Articles of Impeachment (HR 1106) (pdf)

(well, this one ain't directly related but i thought it interesting.)

<whew> Sorry about all this. After reading Moorfius' post, I read each of the threads listed at the bottom of the page. While trying to get back to the mp3 linked in this thread, I got to searching around at Independent Media Center for articles about Cynthia McKinney and just got lost. `scuse!

3. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    I was in Atlanta last week and the day I left there was an article explaining how a state legislater was trying to get through a bill that would undo the naming of a stretch of Atlanta's expressway named after Cynthia McKinney.

My ex continually gets harassed by the Atlanta police while driving because she has several Cynthia McKinney bumper stickers on her car and has had to switch cars with my daughter.

The unfortunate thing is how she has been attacked by other Black opponenets who have catered to white folks feeding into an anti-McKinney sentiment. I did not realize, until seeing for myself, that her district includes Emory University and some affluent areas of Decatur. Too bad we dont have more folks like her that are speaking out and organizing against Bush's foreign and domestic "policy".

4. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    This is the EXACT reason why other fearless black leaders won't speak out and stand up to the white power structure. These Cynthia McKinney types know they won't get the support of the masses. Without support, they know that their careers, and sometimes their lives, will be cut short.

If Black folks want fearless leaders, we will have to support them or they will not succeed and are simply sacrificing themselves. No one wants to sacrifice themselves for nothing.

5. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Point very well taken Sistah Riada. For that, I gave you Rep. points, and as I see, you went from 13 --> 14!

We have to support those among us who really mean Business.

KD

6. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Thank you very much, Kwanbena, however, I don't say anything I say to get points. Being popular has never been my goal.

7. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015